Tool last night @ Myre music bowl

Gordon7

Chitown For Life
Real Name
Phill
did anyone from Ozcards go to this gig last night

I went it was the best gig ive been to ever to (my first time @ a Tool gig)
they played my favourite songs

Stinkfist, 46 & 2 , Anima but they didnt play eulogy and parabola which are songs i really wanted them to play

they had a awesome light show on as well. There drummer Danny Carey was wearing an Elton Brand clippers jersey..

Congrats mate- Easily the best ever band to experiance live!! I didnt get to that show- but saw them Sydney & went down to Melb BDO (although their sound was very low a BDO).
The last 2 times they came to Sydney (01 & 02-?) Danny has worn a New Jersey + Detroit jersey, so on top of alot of sweating- id say he's a ball fan! Glad you had a chance to whitness the greatest!!! Dave

They said last night that there coming back in November so im gonna go to that as well

Yeah there was heaps of room (even thou it was sold out) its was my first time @ music bowl the sound was awersome the whole night was good A+++

man i started a concert review thread a week ago lol to keep reviews in there but oh well ;) Yer i caught Tool at the Big Day Out, i thought they were good but not brilliant and in no way would i say their one of the best live bands going around because you firstly have to have more than a couple good songs and it has to be an epic experience. I just think alot of their music sounds the same and they **** around with their guitars way to much with their long dragging riffs. Their songs go on for 6-7 minutes and they start songs alright but it doesnt go anywhere but thats just my opinion.
anyways i gave them 7/10 at the BDO, good but in no shape or form anything near the best bands ive seen.

7\10 for Tool
cmon you must be dreaming... you carnt judge them by there BDO gig. its there own shows which are heaps better there laser show and special effects screen and awesome songs cmon i think your being abit harsh 7/10 more like
9 1\2 out of 10 (only cos they didnt play eulogy and paraboloa

Gordon - love the band - did they play much off the new album?? Love Right in two, The pot, vicarious, etc

man i started a concert review thread a week ago lol to keep reviews in there but oh well ;) Yer i caught Tool at the Big Day Out, i thought they were good but not brilliant and in no way would i say their one of the best live bands going around because you firstly have to have more than a couple good songs and it has to be an epic experience. I just think alot of their music sounds the same and they **** around with their guitars way to much with their long dragging riffs. Their songs go on for 6-7 minutes and they start songs alright but it doesnt go anywhere but thats just my opinion.
anyways i gave them 7/10 at the BDO, good but in no shape or form anything near the best bands ive seen.

Gordan- Well agreed, to judge them on their BDO set would be stupid- as TOOL dont care so much for a commercal audience- they have a massvive following as is. As quoted they "were drawn in by the holiday that BDO provides". I have seen them now 5 times( more if i could ) and as you said the 'show' is unreal with Maynard in front of a screen, band out front and all types of lights, performers hanging from ceiling, and amazing visuals on screens- most artwork done by Adam on guitar. TOOL is not my fav band, but definatly the best show I have seen.They also have alot more than 'a few' good songs as you know- you would have listened to the albums!
I have also been lucky enough to see Metallica live, I used to be a fan of them until they stopped writing 6-7 min songs to focas on the commercial market. I loved it when Kirt ****ed around with his guitar dragging out long riffs-getting into it like they should. Anything after the BLACK album (even half that) was junk and why they did not quit after the 2nd,3rd breakups and therepy is anyones guess.
The last time i saw Metallica was the BDO, the lights were great- as it was a lightening Storm that night. But if i was to judge them on that performance i'd give them a 5/10- 'sad but true'.

So going off BDO sets- go see TOOL anytime Gordan!!

ljandkg- Yeh they played a few newies (vicarious, the pot) but played more sons the croud knew. Their side shows play more/ longer lesser known songs for those of us with attention spans and the love of epic songs!
Has the BDO been at NZ yet this year?

Yeah it was in Auckland - other end of the country to me - also had My Chemical Romance who's new album is awesome. Woulda been great to go to....I love Tool's long epics, ticks and leeches, lateralus etc

They didnt play the the pot @ the music bowl gigi the songs they played of the new album were vicarious,jambi,10K days..

Tool are one of my favourite bands cos i love Danny's drumming his druming is so technical and as i drummer myself i love that type of stuff.. the only band i could say that would come close to Tool live was the first time i saw Korn for the life is peachy show even thou they didnt have a stage show they know how to get the crowd going. But that Tool gig i went to was easily the best gig ive ever been to! ive seen alotta bands aswell besides Metallica

i respect your opinions but personally i dont rate them that high but thats just my opinion. I might of been a tad unfair with the BDO comment because im sure they would kick so much more ass at their headlines but still i wouldnt pay to see them even if they have an effect show just as brilliant as Pink Floyd. I have heard quite a bit of their stuff, not all of it but i can only really get into a few songs as i find their songs a little bit too similar.
And Metallica's first 4 albums were all gold, not 1 bad track on all 4 of them and i sorta agree with your comment how they went downhill after Black. Im not a huge fans of the Load albums and im not a fan of St Anger but the releases S & M and Garage Inc. both kick ass too!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom