TNP 2018/19 Sneak Peek

Having busted a couple of boxes one thing I will say is putting together a parallel set is going to be hard work.
The breakdown of inserts from 72 packs was
Parallel 23
Rising Rookies 18
AB spotlight 12
Greatest six hitters 6
Duos 7
Legends Shield 4
Sigs 2

Ratios are pretty much spot on, does anyone know how many cases in the release? 600?
If my maths is correct the rarest cards outside the sigs are actually parallels with only 360 of each card. The numbered hit shields are 750 of each.

By my maths the following is the number of each individual card in the subset
Signature Stars 200
Parallel 360
Club Ledgends Shield 750
Greatest Six Hitters 2250
Duos 3000
RIsing Rookies 3375
Alex Blackwell Spotlight 4500
Base 9720

[Sarcasm on] That awesome feeling you get when your "hit" is some no name WBBL player that nobody has ever heard of. [Sarcasm off].
Having started opening packs all I can say is too much WBBL content in this set that has very little collector interest or resale value.

[Sarcasm on] That awesome feeling you get when your "hit" is some no name WBBL player that nobody has ever heard of. [Sarcasm off].
Having started opening packs all I can say is too much WBBL content in this set that has very little collector interest or resale value.

I got shot down here by one member earlier this year for saying I didn’t want too much WBBL included, got called sexist among other things that just weren’t true. I stick by what I said and totally agree. There is far too much. I think it has its place in the release but not to this extent. The release is missing a few things to help with its value. The legend shields needed to be numbered around 300-400, not 750. Needed a case hit of some sort. An insert set dedicated to our test team, possibly numbered, it’s just too BBL focused. Being BBL and WBBL focused it’s missing nice cards of some of the import marquee players. Sadly a box is worth $150 plus but you are only guaranteed to get 2 shields selling for $15 each, plus a handful of other inserts not worth too much. I know collecting isn’t about money but it has to be there for it to be a successful release, otherwise heaps of product will be left over.

Last edited:
8 women in a 18 player team set is IMHO to many as well, I would have been happy with 12 male 6 female for each team.
I really like the duos and think they should be a higher value card, drop the production to 400 foil number them and put them in the 2 out of 3 boxes that don't have a sig.
The parallels really are undervalued in my opinion when you look at the fact people are paying 15 times as much for a shield that is twice as common.

Grateful to have cricket cards to buy even though I am a relatively smaller cricket collector but it seems to me that TnP take one step forward and half a step back.

Some nice new themes this release and finally signature cards are foil numbered. The personalisation of low numbered signature cards is a great idea.

Distribution and timing were big issues last year but are spot on this time.

I agree with the above sentiments, too much WBBL content, too little CA content and far too many low end insert sets. Tough for TnP if it is a directive from CA about the WBBL content and I get having lots of easy to collect, shiny low end bits to appeal to kids but there needs to be balance.

The Shield Legends are nice but should be one per box and /375. Bump the six hitters to 1:18 and also have team based predictors at 1:72 for both BBL and WBBL. Winning predictors redeem a numbered champions set or Captain signature and a full set redeems a numbered card for bes player of each franchise.

Grateful to have cricket cards to buy even though I am a relatively smaller cricket collector but it seems to me that TnP take one step forward and half a step back.

Some nice new themes this release and finally signature cards are foil numbered. The personalisation of low numbered signature cards is a great idea.

Distribution and timing were big issues last year but are spot on this time.

I agree with the above sentiments, too much WBBL content, too little CA content and far too many low end insert sets. Tough for TnP if it is a directive from CA about the WBBL content and I get having lots of easy to collect, shiny low end bits to appeal to kids but there needs to be balance.

The Shield Legends are nice but should be one per box and /375. Bump the six hitters to 1:18 and also have team based predictors at 1:72 for both BBL and WBBL. Winning predictors redeem a numbered champions set or Captain signature and a full set redeems a numbered card for bes player of each franchise.

I do like the predictor idea!!!

Picked up 4 packs from the servo today. Just got around to opening them up ... and discovered the 4 packs matched 4 other packs I opened up recently CARD for CARD (well, except for 2 of the 4 inserts.) In other words 34 of 36 cards from the 4 packs were the exact same cards in the exact same order as the 4 other packs. Anybody else seeing bad/repetitive collation?

Picked up 4 packs from the servo today. Just got around to opening them up ... and discovered the 4 packs matched 4 other packs I opened up recently CARD for CARD (well, except for 2 of the 4 inserts.) In other words 34 of 36 cards from the 4 packs were the exact same cards in the exact same order as the 4 other packs. Anybody else seeing bad/repetitive collation?

Seeing a bit of this actually. Your not the only one.

I’m not giving them away at the price you offered sorry

Back
Top Bottom