TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

I give my spare common Raiders and some low end insert cards to my 5 and 7 year old. They love collecting them and know how to treat them right. They are even asking to get them signed now. Sure, a card still gets damaged here and there but it's a small price to pay to enjoy something with your kids.

They also don't like the startoons 😄

STARTOONs don’t belong in the set anyways. Just thinking what would be a good replacement for them. Anyone have any ideas?

Even at the same price as 3 loose packs the startoon is effectively a free bonus card.

I am one who is two lol
The other thing to keep in mind is starters is very much a entry point into the hobby, I dont know any kids that collect elite or even know of its existence. Startoons no doubt appeals to them more than it does older collectors. If they can pull a numbered card they are very happy
It doesnt worry them that it might be numbered to 175 and only be worth $10 it is a one of a kind. Starters gives them a realistic shot at pulling a numbered card.

You hear all this talk about gateway drugs etc well I guess traders are the gateway to card collecting. Cards serious collectors dont like or think of as valueless are the stuff that sees kids hooked and develop into serious collectors.

Maybe occasionally we need to step back at look at entry level releases through the eyes of a 8 or 10 year old instead of a jaded long time collector.
an exceptionally well written commentary

94D7BBF3-A7CB-4B13-95B3-C22C2E542903.jpeg

I found some images of the Traders Inserts all the way up to Top Tries (No Predictor photos)

What's happened Matt, you used to be the TLA poster boy and their biggest fan. Were you sacked or did the freebies dry up?

Hahahahahahahahaha

1) Never been employed by them (and I don't ever want to work for them).

2) I wish I got freebies, especially last year...... could have saved me a heap of cash at Elite time (which I thought was on ok release).

Back
Top Bottom