TLA NRL Power Play Extreme 2017 (Official Thread)

Only some dont have stickers, this was TLAs statement about it:

This product is produced in Taiwan, at the time of production the humidity made it very difficult to successfully apply the holograms to all of the cards. As a result some of the cards in pack do not have a hologram, collectors can return their cards via registered post to TLA in Sydney and we will happily apply a hologram to those cards. The TLA team will attend as many cards shows as possible this year, we will set up a table at these shows to hologram Extreme 2017 autographed cards that collectors bring to the show or that you might have in stock so we fix this issue. Unfortunately we had to make a call on this last minute to avoid damaging the cards.

Only some dont have stickers, this was TLAs statement about it:

This product is produced in Taiwan, at the time of production the humidity made it very difficult to successfully apply the holograms to all of the cards. As a result some of the cards in pack do not have a hologram, collectors can return their cards via registered post to TLA in Sydney and we will happily apply a hologram to those cards. The TLA team will attend as many cards shows as possible this year, we will set up a table at these shows to hologram Extreme 2017 autographed cards that collectors bring to the show or that you might have in stock so we fix this issue. Unfortunately we had to make a call on this last minute to avoid damaging the cards.

Thanks for that. I guess it is what it is. Hopefully everyone does the right thing and only send in the ones from packs....

But your point is an obvious one @Wookiedragon

In theory can any ol IP be sent in saying the sticker fell off!?

I actually raised this point with Terry at TLA and he seems to think this wont be a huge issue for them. His belief is that since they were signed in a "controlled environment" the staff at TLA who will be putting stickers on them through the mail or at card shows will be able to tell whats Pack Inserted vs IP signatures.

The Matt Moylan signature shown in this thread is exactly how he signs IP so I reckon there will be someone who could potentially get an IP signature and get it "stickered" by TLA as a genuine pack inserted signature card.

On the other hand there is a situation where a pack inserted signature card could potentially be deemed an IP signature by TLA and rejected?

It opens up a huge can of worms and for me it does impact on the integrity of the product and likely the resale value.

Without the sticker on the card, it turns the pack pulled signature into essentially an In Person signature card. Will people want to pay a premium that the signature was done by TLA over a sig pig at a ground? They are both the same thing in the end?

Even with the sticker attached, you wont be able to be 100% certain that the signature is an authentic pack pulled signature which creates doubt and certainly reduces the value of the card.

As I mentioned above, it will only take 1 person who has a gripe with TLA to send in an IP (or even worse a forged signature) to have a card get approved and given a sticker, then it will completely undermine the integrity of the product.

The concept to have signatures in Xtreme is a great one and I applaud TLA for that, but time after time like a lot of manufacturers in Australia its the execution that lets them down.

All they needed to do was to speak to someone in the industry who has knowledge about these things and they could have avoided this issue.

Interesting to see how it goes.

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
I reckon the issue could've been avoided if ESP/TLA numbered the signature cards. The 5 redemption sigs may actually hold more value then the pack ones due to being easier to prove as authentic then.

But I could see an issue if a legit card gets knocked back or a fake one is allowed through. It might mean people will have to start filming their busts just to prove it

I reckon the issue could've been avoided if ESP/TLA numbered the signature cards. The 5 redemption sigs may actually hold more value then the pack ones due to being easier to prove as authentic then.

But I could see an issue if a legit card gets knocked back or a fake one is allowed through. It might mean people will have to start filming their busts just to prove it

- or Just kept them all?
If you're gonna keep 5, why not keep them all?

Further to this, legit autos do NOT have game play codes on the front of the cards, base cards do (see above Moylens head). So I suggest it will be impossible to cheat the system!

IMG_20170315_132749.jpg

Further to this, legit autos do NOT have game play codes on the front of the cards, base cards do (see above Moylens head). So I suggest it will be impossible to cheat the system!

IMG_20170315_132749.jpg

Geez, they really should have stated that at the beginning to avoid the panic about illegitimate Autos being authenticated.

IMG_20170315_132749.jpg

Parallels don't have the code either - sig card isn't a parallel is it?

No, just base cards that have game codes (excludes base checklists)...and its the base cards that are same as signatures.

We'll be opening a Case Live tonight at 7:30pm QLD, 8:30pm NSW/VIC, 10:30pm NZ and 9:30am UK.

Still a few teams left in the 2nd Case and we're guaranteeing an Autograph Card for everyone. Read the details HERE :thumbsup:

I dont want to scroll through all the comments but can someone please tell me how a signed authentic card differs from an IP of the same card?

Back
Top Bottom