TLA 2018 NRL Season in Review Official Thread (Major Update Page 5)

I note that their is a picture on the flyer of Luke Lewis and a signature representation but he hasn't made the list that has just been put up.

Gallen / Brailey / Fifita / Dugan

Cheers
Ross
Ross, some blokes only like pictures, some people out there still cannot read and wrppte.

I think 4 signature cards are a bit light for $1000.00 price tag should be 6 to 7 signatures at least. Marvel Superheros had 7 from memory for similar money..

I think 4 signature cards are a bit light for $1000.00 price tag should be 6 to 7 signatures at least. Marvel Superheros had 7 from memory for similar money..

wasnt the mystery card also a signature? a possible club legend or a parallel signature card?

also getting up to 20+ player cards and the "Gold Cards" so i guess that would equate to some of the total sum

wasnt the mystery card also a signature? a possible club legend or a parallel signature card?

also getting up to 20+ player cards and the "Gold Cards" so i guess that would equate to some of the total sum
I love the look and content of the set, tla are are producing some bonsa cards, just way too many.

The mystery card is a Parallel card or 1/1 card. the 4 gold cards are basically an insert card & the rest are common cards on quality cardboard. Still don't justify the extra $400 to $500 extra price charge, when you get 17 signature cards in the Premiership Signature release for the same money....

The mystery card is a Parallel card or 1/1 card. the 4 gold cards are basically an insert card & the rest are common cards on quality cardboard. Still don't justify the extra $400 to $500 extra price charge, when you get 17 signature cards in the Premiership Signature release for the same money....

The one thing to keep in mind is that for the Permiership set, they are designing 17-20 cards only and most of the players all sign on the one day at a team signing day after the GF. The Storm were Sticker autos and the Sharks all signed on the same day except for Barba and one other who were done later on.

In this instance they are designing 40 odd cards per team, on card signings with 48 players etc...just the logistics of that would be difficult. The gold cards arent cheap either plus the packaging costs of the boxes gets very expensive.

If anything the premiership sets were probably underpriced but again appeal to a very captive market. In this instance all 16 teams will have sets made.

Cheers
Matt

Hi everyone,

Please see an update from TLA below:

TLA would like to provide an update on the Season In Review program for 2018 for you to share with your members.

As all of our collectors know, TLA strives to deliver the highest quality product that meets the wants of our customers, and constantly work to produce innovative collections and trading card releases.

In 2018, TLA launched the concept of Season In Review. After careful planning to determine the configuration of these never-seen before sets, the program was announced to the collector market to be delivered in December 2018.

Due to the tight timelines, it has been decided that the program will be put on hold until the 2019 season. TLA is committed to only producing the best quality products and at this stage, it was felt that this would not be possible to fulfil this and deliver the sets by the delivery date of December2018.

TLA would like to offer the opportunity to all collectors who committed to a set during the pre-sale period, to reserve the same limited edition set number for their team in 2019 when the set is re-launched and they commit to purchasing a set.

TLA is however excited to announce the 2018 NRL Milestones Limited Edition Set, an extremely exciting program that will feature some of the NRL’s biggest stars!

2018 NRL Milestones Limited Edition Set

The 2018 NRL Milestones set is a celebration of players who have reached a significant individual career milestone in season 2018. The set will feature one player from each NRL club and celebrate three moments in their career across three specially designed trading cards.

Sets will be strictly limited to 100 and each set will specifically contain the following:

• · Signature card set – 1 Gold Foil, Premium Signature Card per player (16 cards in total)
  • · Base Card Set – 2 uniquely designed photograph cards per player, celebrating the player’s debut season and a highlight of their career (32 cards in total).
  • · All cards to be individually numbered and housed in a high quality display box.
  • · The 2017 NRL Super Hero Set the bench mark in this space the same quality is assured

RRP $1500.00 incl. GST

Terms and Delivery

• · Sets will be delivered by 15th December 2018
The Sales Flyer and Player List for the 2018 NRL Milestone Sets will be made available on or before 29th August, 2018.

Teams taken are
St George
South Sydney
Parramatta
Canterbury
Wests Tigers

Canberra - Victor the Viking (TBC)
Easts - Angry Paul (TBC)
Cronulla - Joel Sharks 16 (TBC)

Teams Available
Brisbane
Gold Coast