TLA 2018 NRL Season in Review Official Thread (Major Update Page 5)

The cards look great and I like the concept but for the price being asked I'd be interested if the sets were a firm /10 and therefore genuinely limited, not /50 (with a philosophy of …. if we can't sell that many then only /25 - if at all!).

Out of curiosity, will the "base cards" only be starting players or also include players who may have only subbed on once or twice during the season?

I was told that the set would feature all players appearing for the club in the year.

That's not how I read the general queries and statements above.

There's legitimate questions and concerns risen there but then when you get something expressed as a fact which is quite clearly made up on the fly, it's nothing but fearmongering.
Michael, we collectors all have concerns, especially when it comes to our hard earned cash, some of us were burnt last year with the predictor saga, you cannot blame us for putting our concerns out there for all to see.
Ask TLA to be factual and put up everything in black and white for all to make there own minds up.
After all most of us do not earn a six figure sum each year.

No dramas with any of that, my only concerns are when information is made up and presented as fact.
that is exactly what I am talking about, I have been priveliged to hear some info put out there by some dealers.
Anyway with the set in question, 50 sets, could only be 25 sets.
Make a full on fact and say 25 or 50 sets, they have been doing cards for 5 years now, surely they should know what sells and what does not.
Don't rely on us card collectors to up front the cash, be firm and make an executive decision.

That's not how I read the general queries and statements above.

There's legitimate questions and concerns risen there but then when you get something expressed as a fact which is quite clearly made up on the fly, it's nothing but fearmongering.
They also fail to state if they don't go ahead do we get a refund????[/QUOTE said:
How is my question fearmongering??? I just asked the question as they made the disclaimer they have the right to not go ahead with any or all if they choose to do so & failed to mention if they will refund the deposites!!
Simple legitimate question we have a right to know.

If TLA were upfront & honest about this release & disclosed everything that is going to be in it & genuine about the release they would bite the bullet & decide on a Qty & limit it to that be it 10 or 20 max & 1st in best dressed. Otherwise they are leaving it open to abuse & increasing numbers as they see fit, like they've done with premiership sets before. Until then it will be seen as just a money grab as they've done many times before. I also believe the deposit should only be 10% not 50%.

I think you misunderstood my post Dr Grange....I said "There's legitimate questions and concerns" which was in reference to your quote and the one under it as an example.... then, the following quotes which create their own facts.

I agree that the deposit amount should be lower, with Elite due out in a few weeks it's a lot to ask of collectors.

As far as committing to a release number, I can understand a business putting it in the hands of collectors to see if there is enough demand there. The Marvel Set last year was a great success but collectors of teams that missed out said what about me? Here's an opportunity for a premium team collection set, if the demand for certain teams isn't there it makes no sense to release it, as with any business.

Last edited:
Ok everyone, just been sent the list of players who will be signing for this release.

TLA have been given the go ahead from RLPA on the below list of players to be used on our signature cards for the Season in Review sets.

There may be some slight movement in players should a player not be available for a particular reason.

1531209939871.png

1531209973076.png

1531210002887.png

1531210041996.png

Some sensational signers on these lists!!!

Cheers
Matt

Every club has some standout signings,but overall the bunnies look to have the best.Only my opinion.

If I look at the Panthers...... RCG, Merrin, Whare, Kikau.....happy with all of those.

Sharks have some great players......Gallen, Fifita, Brailey and Dugan.

Souths are strong...... Broncos are good as well.....Manly with DCE, the Turbo brothers and Koroisau

Overall its a pretty string list of players,

Wouldn't say it would be convenient. The LS Cards have already been signed whereas the Review Sets haven't even been created as yet.
I meant the fact that they've dealt with the players before. eg this is Alex Johnston's third sig card in 3 years. The majority of the players on these lists have had some type of signature card with TLA/ESP in the past.

I'm a touch disappointed with the STG sigs: Widdop / Aitken / Vaughan all have had a very recent card, Lafai is good but I would have liked new sigs such as:
Team Leader: Hunt
Next Generation: Dufty
Back: Lafai
Forward: Graham

Still undecided..............

I'm a touch disappointed with the STG sigs: Widdop / Aitken / Vaughan all have had a very recent card, Lafai is good but I would have liked new sigs such as:
Team Leader: Hunt
Next Generation: Dufty
Back: Lafai
Forward: Graham

Still undecided..............

Maybe some of those guys you would have liked are in the Elite release :whistle:

I note that their is a picture on the flyer of Luke Lewis and a signature representation but he hasn't made the list that has just been put up.

Gallen / Brailey / Fifita / Dugan

Cheers
Ross

Back
Top Bottom