TLA 2018 NRL Season in Review Official Thread (Major Update Page 5)

Its the only way to go.Because if there was a Smith and Slater for the storm included in the 4 signature,s you might need more than 50 sets.I said if.

I believe if they want a 50% deposit 6 months up front before producing this release they have to produce exactly what is in it for each team. ie: Who the signatures are & all the extras, otherwise at the price of $1000.00 & not knowing exactly what you are getting is a big ask & heading for failure & Non release of the product. They also fail to state if they don't go ahead do we get a refund????

I would need to know who the four signatures are and the four gold cards.
Would also be nice to know the mystery cards. It says could be a 1/1 of club legend. Does that mean it may be a norm proven, billy smith, Steve edge etc for st George? Or a current player? Although looks like you will most likely get a parallel of one of the cards you already have.

I would need to know who the four signatures are and the four gold cards.
Would also be nice to know the mystery cards. It says could be a 1/1 of club legend. Does that mean it may be a norm proven, billy smith, Steve edge etc for st George? Or a current player? Although looks like you will most likely get a parallel of one of the cards you already have.
What makes you think it would be a parallel ?hahaha.

TLA are excited to launch a New NRL Limited Edition Team release Season in Review

The sets are limited to either 25 or 50 sets World Wide, the edition size will be set based on the presale results.

Each set will contain the following:
  • Base Card Set - featuring all first grade player from that teams 2018 squad (this will vary in size based on each team)

• Gold Special Cards- 4 players her team (a mile stone and indigenous card are included plus two others)

• Premium Signature Cards- 4 player per team

• A Mystery Pack - may contain 1 of 2 (1/1 Cards per team) other cards include in the mystery packs are all limited in edition, one card per pack.

• All cards will be individually numbered and boxed

• NRL Super Hero set the bench mark in this space the same quality is assured
RRP $990.00 inc GST (sets number 2 to 50/25)

Or

RRP $1,400 inc GST (set number 1)

• The product is limited

• Orders can be placed via your TLA Trading Card dealer

• TLA reserve the right to not produced a set should it not meet a MOQ

Why 2 to 50/25? is Grant Copley taking the N01?

I've never really thought about the high end market place too much but is there enough $$$ out there for /25 for each team? $16k to get a full set. Or mugs like me paying $1000 to subsidise bigger collectors who get the sets at $200 a pop?

Was thinking about this set more over the weekend.......I really want to commit to one, but not knowing who the signature players are does add a little bit of doubt.

I mean if the signatures ended up being Maloney (Leader), Merrin (Forward), Cleary (Back) and Kikau (Next Gen) then id be committing in no time.

Cheers
Matt

Was thinking about this set more over the weekend.......I really want to commit to one, but not knowing who the signature players are does add a little bit of doubt.

I mean if the signatures ended up being Maloney (Leader), Merrin (Forward), Cleary (Back) and Kikau (Next Gen) then id be committing in no time.

Cheers
Matt

My head and heart says YES YES YES.

My wife says no.

I really just want a team set. If there had been an option of a full team set sans sigs etc in a two piece box at $50-100...

I've never really thought about the high end market place too much but is there enough $$$ out there for /25 for each team? $16k to get a full set. Or mugs like me paying $1000 to subsidise bigger collectors who get the sets at $200 a pop?
Chris, there are not enough collectors at that amount of cash.
If basic sales on ebay tell the story, if a person can pick up numerous ruby mojos for under $100, then that in itself tells me there are not enough money to substantiate putting out 25 sets never lone 50 of them.
ie, a bulldogs ruby for 79.00, tells me there are not even 40 serious collectors, or a sapphire for under 200, same story but there are only 20 of them.
I am not committing 990 to a make beleive set of cards ie 36 that I may not get and to top it off they say no refund.
C R A P.

Chris, there are not enough collectors at that amount of cash.
If basic sales on ebay tell the story, if a person can pick up numerous ruby mojos for under $100, then that in itself tells me there are not enough money to substantiate putting out 25 sets never lone 50 of them.
ie, a bulldogs ruby for 79.00, tells me there are not even 40 serious collectors, or a sapphire for under 200, same story but there are only 20 of them.
I am not committing 990 to a make beleive set of cards ie 36 that I may not get and to top it off they say no refund.
C R A P.

In no way do I mean to offend Storm, Titans, Warriors or Cowboys fans but it'd be like GWS and GC Suns too...there wouldn't be the number of collectors of high end around for those teams imho.

I mean I'm a hard core collector to a point but this is a bus stop I get off at. Fantastic product and I can't fault ESP for manufacturing it but I too can't see a lot of collectors dropping a grand for this.

Integeated in to Elite at a hobby level price there would be more buy in and guys like me would dabble hard. Dealers would be crazy for it too.

I might completely misread the value and size of the market place too. But with everything that is out there, there's only so many $$$ to go around.

My head and heart says YES YES YES.

My wife says no.

I really just want a team set. If there had been an option of a full team set sans sigs etc in a two piece box at $50-100...

The thing that I really like is that it gives you a complete set of players that turned out for your team numbered to possibly #/25.

Now imagine if one of these young players first card for your team takes off and becomes their must have card.....there will only be 25 of them ever made.

Im still 50/50 on the fence.

Cheers
Matt

If the deposit is non refundable than i think this set will be dead in the water as im not into gambling hard earned money with a chance of getting nothing i love the idea of this set but im starting to doubt my order..

If the deposit is non refundable than i think this set will be dead in the water as im not into gambling hard earned money with a chance of getting nothing i love the idea of this set but im starting to doubt my order..

I highly doubt that the deposit would be non refundable.

I'd hope not maybe its better to wait when they come out and get whatever number is available collecting certain numbers is a hazard to your health lol.

I must admit the hobby is suffering when last years elite were not selling for 33 dollars yesterday on ebay.
I'm not a seller but its sad to see they are worth so little at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom