The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Its a Lakers game...Thats all they show, I wouldn't be surprised if ALL free to air TV channels show the game as well :rolleyes:

Don't be such a faker hater, what's not to like? :lol:

Foxtel reconnected, only took a few minutes. Can't wait for 1pm... gotta love holidays, especially if there's a Laker game on live. :)

And just to add., it's not like Boston don't get no love. You got the Celtics/Heat game on the 22nd and then the Celtics/Pistons game on the 31st... :thumbsup:

But I guess you won't be happy until no Laker games are shown period. :p

International Viewer Site | intltv.espn.com | Home Page

For those that don't know you can check every months upcoming games there rather than wonder who TBA vs TBA is in the TV guide. :lol:

It's better than the 1 week listings Foxtel online has to offer too, strictly for NBA games anyway.

Not the worst effort we've had but soft all the same. Reflects on the shooting percentage. We need to keep exploiting the Bynum factor and I got a feeling Kobe will go off in the fourth.

If we were destined to lose either of these road games I wish it came yesterday, man I hate the Spurs...

2 big plays from Ariza to close the margin and then that happens.

Need a solid fourth to win this on the road. Pau and Bynum having nice games, Spurs are too small to do anything there, this one ain't over just yet.

Pop said it himself; 'Kobe time'

Oh man, clutch 3 and a half by Kobe, was kinda forced but it worked.

How the hell did that shot by Duncan fall? I bet he doesn't even know...

Get a stop and this was money well spent. :)

He got bumped into taking his rightful two steps off the dribble. Thats not travel and going by how the game was called its no call. Any other day its a block.

Damn it, who could have seen that coming. Mason pulling one out of his ass and then no block but a travel on Trev...

Still an entertaining game and not exactly a weak loss, Spurs are tough at home.

Looking forward to the next 2 at home.

Great game, surely to WCF preview. Should be a cracker of a 7 game series.

Money Mason, what a shot!!

Ariza may not have travelled but his shot missed anyway and we picked up the board so would have won anyway. Having that foul to give really hurt the Lakers.

I actually thoguht the D was pretty good during the game but the shooting was just amazing, Manu's 3 at the end of the 3rd proved vital!

Great game, can't wait for the re-match in LA!

Tough loss. Roger Mason is clutch. What a huge pickup for the Spurs this year.

Not sure about that man. Michael Jordan was clutch, Larry Bird was clutch, Kobe Bryant is clutch, LeBron James is clutch, Paul Pierce is Clutch. Hitting a clutch shot doesn't make you clutch, as flawed as that statement sounds, it's not like he's the go to guy when the game is on the line and correct me if I'm wrong, does he have a history of hitting shots like that? I will admit he's a great shooter. Only other game winner I've seen him hit was the one against the Suns, and that was wide open and because Parker couldn't get to the hole, a last second decision to hit him open on the baseline but a high percentage option.

He only got that inbounds pass (and was lucky to get it if you were watching) because everyone else was pretty heavily gaurded, he was the last option on the inbounds and the pass that got by Fish was very lucky to, could have gone either way there. Definitely wasn't the play pop drew up.

Have to admit, tough shot contested like that. Couldn't believe it dropped and I'm not trying to take nothing away from the Spurs here, great win at home. I'd rather lose by 20 than lose like that, especially against San Antonio, but I'm sure Fish's shot with 4 tenths left in the 04 playoffs is still haunting them more than that will us. ;)

Was still a great game to watch and definitely a classic amongst Lakers/Spurs match ups.

Bring on Orlando tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Did anyone wach the game? What a crap game the Lakers played. Not having Farmar is really hurting as we saw Nelson take over in the fourth when fish was out of legs. Dwight had a great game but against Bynum is it any wonder. Bynum is looking to much at scoring which is the least of the Lakers worries. Kobes stats looked great and he did play a great game in the first 3 qrts but i noticed in the last week or 2 his assists have been up, but i have also noticed that as soon as he hits about 10 assists then he doesnt pass anymore. Is Kobe trying to stack his stats??? He was killing the Spurs and the Magic with his passing but then he stops in the fourth. I also want to know whats going on with Pau, i mean 1 night he puts up 20 and 15 and the next he puts up 8 and 5. He needs to be way more consistant than he is atm.

Did anyone wach the game? What a crap game the Lakers played. Not having Farmar is really hurting as we saw Nelson take over in the fourth when fish was out of legs. Dwight had a great game but against Bynum is it any wonder. Bynum is looking to much at scoring which is the least of the Lakers worries. Kobes stats looked great and he did play a great game in the first 3 qrts but i noticed in the last week or 2 his assists have been up, but i have also noticed that as soon as he hits about 10 assists then he doesnt pass anymore. Is Kobe trying to stack his stats??? He was killing the Spurs and the Magic with his passing but then he stops in the fourth. I also want to know whats going on with Pau, i mean 1 night he puts up 20 and 15 and the next he puts up 8 and 5. He needs to be way more consistant than he is atm.

Yep I watched it mate, was a little disapointed, we drop another close one and at home to top it off. We let them break out to a 10 pint lead at one stage? Done well clawing back into it. Odom stepped up down the stretch, Radman was hitting tonight and good to see, one of the better shooting performances I've seen from him. Wish he wasn't so hit and miss. Agree with Gasols lack of consistancy too. Kobe made some great plays all throughout, fell a little short in the fourth but he had his looks. I'd hate to think of it as stacking stats, comes off that way because it's not an every game thing for him to get over 5 or 6 assists. He's a great playmaker and passer when he wants to be but It's evident it doesn't always work when he simply looks to take over in the fourth. He had one of those Kobe moments today, where he brings out something you've never seen him do and continues to suprise; that little spin off the D left hander, had me speechless! Great play drawn up to tie the game in the end, Kobe should have had that one and it wasn't way off, just one of those shots that rattles in and out. You get that.

The problem with Fisher I've been stressing for awhile now. He's not old in the Mutumbo sense of the word, but I don't think he's got enough in the tank to play efficiently when asked to play 40 plus minutes a night. Laker fans know how good Farmar is, everyone knows I'm a big wrap for the kid, can't wait to have him back. Having Walton as an option would make life a little easier but even then you gotta choose between Ariza and Luke, because if you leave one in longer than the other, the second tier can tend to go cold or choke at times. At the moment I'd stick with Ariza, he can create his shot, move the ball, has great court vision and is a predator on defense. On a side note, put that dude in a dunk comp, it's been too long since the purple and gold represented and he'd turn some heads with his abilities.

Anyone else pissed about the Gasol tech? Come on Ref, I love Dwight Howard but he's shoving elbows right under your nose. Double tech that play and don't let it effect the outcome, that was some major bs. The foul shot was missed by Nelson but it shouldn't have even been taken.

Credit to Jameer Nelson though, hit a couple clutch shots down the stretch that sealed another Magic win on the road. Their road win/loss ratio is very impressive, I think they get overlooked at times and might just make some noise in the playoffs.

Not sure about that man. Michael Jordan was clutch, Larry Bird was clutch, Kobe Bryant is clutch, LeBron James is clutch, Paul Pierce is Clutch. Hitting a clutch shot doesn't make you clutch, as flawed as that statement sounds, it's not like he's the go to guy when the game is on the line and correct me if I'm wrong, does he have a history of hitting shots like that? I will admit he's a great shooter. Only other game winner I've seen him hit was the one against the Suns, and that was wide open and because Parker couldn't get to the hole, a last second decision to hit him open on the baseline but a high percentage option.

He only got that inbounds pass (and was lucky to get it if you were watching) because everyone else was pretty heavily gaurded, he was the last option on the inbounds and the pass that got by Fish was very lucky to, could have gone either way there. Definitely wasn't the play pop drew up.

Have to admit, tough shot contested like that. Couldn't believe it dropped and I'm not trying to take nothing away from the Spurs here, great win at home. I'd rather lose by 20 than lose like that, especially against San Antonio, but I'm sure Fish's shot with 4 tenths left in the 04 playoffs is still haunting them more than that will us. ;)

It doesn't really matter if he's the go-to-guy down the stretch or not.

The fact of the matter is he's hit two HUGE shots to decide HUGE games this season and I think that warrants enough that I can call him clutch.

Derek Fisher and Robert Horry, Steve Kerr etc were never Go-To-Guys down the stretch but they all hit clutch shots.

Mason is a big-time 4th quarter scorer and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit a few more game-winners this season. He's one of those players that just has a knack for hitting a big shot.

The problem with Fisher I've been stressing for awhile now. He's not old in the Mutumbo sense of the word, but I don't think he's got enough in the tank to play efficiently when asked to play 40 plus minutes a night. Laker fans know how good Farmar is, everyone knows I'm a big wrap for the kid, can't wait to have him back. Having Walton as an option would make life a little easier but even then you gotta choose between Ariza and Luke, because if you leave one in longer than the other, the second tier can tend to go cold or choke at times. At the moment I'd stick with Ariza, he can create his shot, move the ball, has great court vision and is a predator on defense. On a side note, put that dude in a dunk comp, it's been too long since the purple and gold represented and he'd turn some heads with his abilities.

Anyone else pissed about the Gasol tech? Come on Ref, I love Dwight Howard but he's shoving elbows right under your nose. Double tech that play and don't let it effect the outcome, that was some major bs. The foul shot was missed by Nelson but it shouldn't have even been taken.

Credit to Jameer Nelson though, hit a couple clutch shots down the stretch that sealed another Magic win on the road. Their road win/loss ratio is very impressive, I think they get overlooked at times and might just make some noise in the playoffs.

Fish can't efficiently play the whole game it seems but he did hit a key 3 with the 4th winding down and did do some good things.

Kobe is Kobe. He's arguably the best player in the league, so if his 4th quarter is off, chances are your teams 4th quarter is off. It's pretty much as simple as that, don't need to analyse it past that it seems.

Lakers are a great team so they could have overcome it but Kobe was taking a lot of looks and quite simply it's unfortunate they didn't fall.

As for the Gasol technical, he definately deserved it. The replay was played twice and Dwight wasn't throwing ANY elbows. Even if he was, it was Gasol who had tangled him up in the first place so that would be valid.

It wasn't the tangling that got the tech anyway, it was Gasol pushing Dwight away when Dwight was in the motion of walking away anyway. That was unnecessary and careless and the refs targetted in on it. Great call in my opinion.

As for Jameer, he has stepped up and is the man, he played great. Prototypical leader point guard, one of the best in the East right now.

It doesn't really matter if he's the go-to-guy down the stretch or not.

The fact of the matter is he's hit two HUGE shots to decide HUGE games this season and I think that warrants enough that I can call him clutch.

Derek Fisher and Robert Horry, Steve Kerr etc were never Go-To-Guys down the stretch but they all hit clutch shots.

Mason is a big-time 4th quarter scorer and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit a few more game-winners this season. He's one of those players that just has a knack for hitting a big shot.

Yeah I hear you man, point taken. I think you know where I'm coming from though and I'm not telling you what you can and can not say.

I guess I just see it differently when it comes to labelling someone as 'clutch'. The shots he has hit have been critical to his teams victory so yeah, they're clutch shots. When the plays are drawn up and intended for him to take the shot and he has a few more game winners under his belt then I'll start calling him clutch as well.

He still has some work to do before he can rightfully be mentioned in the same sentance or paragraph for that matter as Big Shot Bob. ;)

But I see the point you're making there and it's a valid one. :thumbsup:

As for the Gasol technical, he definately deserved it. The replay was played twice and Dwight wasn't throwing ANY elbows. Even if he was, it was Gasol who had tangled him up in the first place so that would be valid.

It wasn't the tangling that got the tech anyway, it was Gasol pushing Dwight away when Dwight was in the motion of walking away anyway. That was unnecessary and careless and the refs targetted in on it. Great call in my opinion.

You should look that one up on Youtube or something and watch it again, might change your outlook on that altercation. Both players got tangled up together, the Gasol shove in the end was retaliation from Dwights shove with his elbow. Double tech, game on...

Back
Top Bottom