The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Not sure with Odom??He is very Hit and Miss just like Sasha...
What was our Line-up the Last 20 Games of last season??
Gasol, Fisher, Odom, Bryant, Radman.....

I would Insert Ariza in for Radman/Walton because he is a spark for us..Gets it done on D!
But who come off the bench in the 2nd Unit to give that SPARK??

If that was the case u could have Sasha, Farmar and Odom off the bench with the staring line up of Fish, Kobe, Ariza, Gasol and Bynum.

I read that on Real GM. If he has surgery for that injury it could be a month before he returns. I know all too well about that injury.

The Magic did a real good job of spreading the Lakers on the defensive end and creating space to work with. The Lakers don't seem to cover the floor well and double or switch to help out. Rather than work as a cohesive defense they seem more concerned about their own matchups. The rotations just don't seem to be there.

I read that on Real GM. If he has surgery for that injury it could be a month before he returns. I know all too well about that injury.

The Magic did a real good job of spreading the Lakers on the defensive end and creating space to work with. The Lakers don't seem to cover the floor well and double or switch to help out. Rather than work as a cohesive defense they seem more concerned about their own matchups. The rotations just don't seem to be there.

Thats right and until we can fix that we wont have a real shot at the title, however if they could fix the D i think everyone in the comp would be in trouble.

Jackson challegned Odom to give him something and it just doesn't happen. After the finals last year and from What I've seen in watching games its no wonder fans are tuning against him.

The lakers copped some breaks with calls and Kobe travelling twice in the final minutes.

Yeah but how much can he do off the bench with heaps lowly reduced minutes?

he's putting up what, nearly 9 per game, about 6.5 boards, nearly 1.5 steals? it's gotta be tough coming off the bench.

sure he didn't do a GREAT job last year but in the reg season he still went for nearly 14-10-4 per game, much worse players have been starting than that..

You aint going to win many arguments with just the stats as evidence when you are talking Odom to me or Laker fans Jimbo.

To win a war you must know ones enemies.

That said I'm actually watching more Cavs games than Lakers ones these days but I try to watch all the games I can of the top tier teams.

Some of you guys didn't get to see the games, thought I'd help you out LOL

To win a war you must know ones enemies.

That said I'm actually watching more Cavs games than Lakers ones these days but I try to watch all the games I can of the top tier teams.

Some of you guys didn't get to see the games, thought I'd help you out LOL

I'm beginning to think that you're really a closet Lakers fan Chad...you spend an awful lot of time in this thread!!!;):p

More chance of George Bush becoming a Muslim me thinks ;-)

The Celts thread is getting boring as it seems some Aussie fans only come out when we win titles. Maybe its because most Aussie NBA fans follow 5 teams and switch teams each year depending on player trades? I don't know? At least there is some discussion here.

Well after the Game that was XMAS DAY against the Smeltics
We backed up with a win VS the Warriors who came off a win against the Smeltics also....
I thought we were in danger of losing this game but came thru with the W

Lakers had 33 Assists for the Game which resulted in a season high 130PTS
Kobe top scored with 31, Pau chipped in with 13PTS 7 AST & 9REB'S
Bynum had another Double Double with 13PTS 10 REB
Still the thing that really worries me is their D..Even tho most of the starters sat out the 4TH we let them score 113....

In saying that we are still streaks ahead of the rest of the west..Which this year so far seems to be alot weaker than last year....

Next up is the Jazz on Friday(Saturday AUS Time)

Cant say i saw the game but watched the Highlights on NBA.TV

I watched todays game, It still find it amazing how Kobe has games like that were it seems like he is just taking it easy then you see the stats and he has 30+ points before the end of the third. Also Ariza had a good game full of exciting plays along with the machine.

Time to revive this Lakers thread for the New Year!!! :)

First up, todays game hosting the Jazz, check for Pau running the showtime break late in the clip...

[youtube]5SQVtZuYtOQ[/youtube]

And once again, Merry Christmas Laker fans!!! Happy New Year while I'm at it...

For anyone that missed it, here it is once again. :D

[youtube]iXiPz3M8btU&feature=related[/youtube]

Just finished watching the Lakers VS Jazz game
Well what do i say??
Get a 20PT Lead easliy then blow it HMMMMM Seems to be a trend happening??
Poor D again in the 4TH gave up to many buckets....
Kobe scored 40 very easliy today..to go along with 7 Boards and 4 Dimes
Pau again was Mr Consistant with 21PTS 11REB 6DIMES
Ariza played a great game off the bench again with 12PTS 9REBS and a couple of key steals in the last.....He is looking the goods so far this yr...Hopefully he can keep it up!!!
We have Portland next up!!!

One for the animated gif fans... :lol:

celticsshoeddiv1oq4.gif

Big game coming up today. We're like 15 straight at home now? We've beaten NO already this season so it's nothing we can't handle, but let's see if we can defend home court when it counts...

Tough loss at home. Time for excuses... :rolleyes:

Not having Farmar in the rotation hurt us tonight, running the point through Sasha at times isn't the greatest option, especially when he gives it up only to get it back and? Jack it up, a little too trigger happy at times. Fisher ain't as young as he was back when we were winning titles and forcing him to play 40 plus minutes is tough, shows on his shooting percentage and frustration. The defense was overall pretty soft, but then again West and Paul had amazing games, Paul with 32 and 15 assists, not one turnover!!! Although once again; The defense was soft....

When Kobe get's over the 27/28 mark I start to worry, and that's not cause he can't put up 81, but there's no team chemistry cooking. We all love it when he's on target, but we want dubs at the same time. But what can you do, Gasol didn't really show up tonight and was pretty well contained, Lamar was out just after halftime (hope that knees not serious) and we just don't have the depth we're use to.

Credit to the Hornets though, second seed in the west stopped us from going 16 straight and making some history since it hasn't happened in 20 years. To be honest, if we were gonna drop another at home I'm glad it was them. I've got a good feeling we'll be seeing alot more of them in a few months time.

Not having Farmar in the rotation hurt us tonight, running the point through Sasha at times isn't the greatest option, especially when he gives it up only to get it back and? Jack it up, a little too trigger happy at times. Fisher ain't as young as he was back when we were winning titles and forcing him to play 40 plus minutes is tough, shows on his shooting percentage and frustration. The defense was overall pretty soft, but then again West and Paul had amazing games, Paul with 32 and 15 assists, not one turnover!!! Although once again; The defense was soft....

When Kobe get's over the 27/28 mark I start to worry, and that's not cause he can't put up 81, but there's no team chemistry cooking. We all love it when he's on target, but we want dubs at the same time. But what can you do, Gasol didn't really show up tonight and was pretty well contained, Lamar was out just after halftime (hope that knees not serious) and we just don't have the depth we're use to.

Credit to the Hornets though, second seed in the west stopped us from going 16 straight and making some history since it hasn't happened in 20 years. To be honest, if we were gonna drop another at home I'm glad it was them. I've got a good feeling we'll be seeing alot more of them in a few months time.

Well scoring 13PTS in the last dont cut it either....When evere Kobe scores over 28 we are more likely to lose also!!!!
Its not like a scrub team like the KNICKS/BOBCATS beat us either credit were credit is due...
Tough game up next @ Golden State.....

Yeah, the injury is now taking its toll and with Lamar injuring his right knee could be more bad news for the Lakers...

Same with us, we are suffering the loss of "Z" for a month and January is the toughest month we have on schedule. :(

Back
Top Bottom