The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Re: The Official BOSTON CELTICS Season Thread

I had this nightmare last night lol! Must be my intuition. Doc wanted to leave a roster spot open during the season. I'm thinking they would have to drop another player to add Toine. Who would that be?
He might help, although he might also hinder what's going on in beantown. Pierce and Ray Allen won't have a problem with him and KG is an all-around nice guy so I doubt they would clash. Posey used to play with Toine, so all in all, it could help adding him to the roster? Another playoff experienced guy who's won a ring.

Great triple double today from Garnett.

Looks like the move has done KG some good.

They are good numbers with two other great players in the team.

Will no doubt be seeing alot more assists from the big man this year. Chad made mention of it before too. He will have so many more passing options on this team, on the offensive board when players collapse on him, Perk will be a few feet away for the easy bucket, or he can kick it out of the post on the double.

Good to see the decent victory over the Cavs for sure.

Agreed - KG's best assist years were when he had spree and Sam with him. I can see him racking up plenty of helpers.

Quick observation. Let's compare rosters;

Spurs:
T. Parker
M. Ginobili
B. Bowen
T. Duncan
F. Oberto

Celtics:
R. Rondo
R. Allen
P. Pierce
K. Garnett
K. Perkins

Benches:
M. Finley
R. Horry
B. Barry
F. Elson
B. Udrich
M. Bonner
I. Mahinmi
I. Udoka
J. Vaughn
D. Washington

Celtics;
J. Posey
T. Allen
E. House
L. Powe
B. Scalabrine
S. Pollard
G. Davis
G. Pruitt
B. Wallace

Not a hell of a lot of a difference really is there? I mean, you could make the argument of these teams being "comparable" player wise.

The only prediction I'll make for now is the Perkins leads the NBA in FG%.

Hopefully he flows the opposite way to Zo over his career with free throw percentage too. His been great with that so far this year too.

Rondo is here until the 08/09 season;

BOSTON, MA - The Boston Celtics announced today that the team has picked up the contract option on guard Rajon Rondo for the 2008-09 season. Per team policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The second-year man out of Kentucky averaged 6.7 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 2.43 steals per game during the 2007-08 preseason. The 6'1 guard, who started all seven of the Celtics preseason contests, was originally acquired in a draft night trade from the Phoenix Suns along with Brian Grant and cash considerations in exchange for a future first round pick on June 28, 2006.

And we didn't on TA and thats good too. Let him prove his worth and we match any non crazy bids at the end of the year if we want to.

Rondo is a great signing. Pitino would of traded him a week into his rookie season. Ah how times have finally changed.

Who else but HONDO! And its pretty often he steps in like this or can be found in the room with stary eye current players talking to him with that look an eight year old gets when they are around their own stars. Good stuff Hondo. Never heard a bad word spoken about him for his on court or off court behaviour or endevour.

Hondo checks in on C’s
Doc, Garnett appreciative
By Mark Murphy / Celtics Notebook | Wednesday, October 31, 2007 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Boston Celtics
Photo
Photo by Michael Ivins

From John Havlicek’s side, this was no big thing.

“He just said to say a few words to them and I did,” Havlicek said of coach Doc Rivers’ request to address the team before yesterday’s practice. “I’m not a great speech maker.”

The Celtics [team stats] legend didn’t have to be.

If this was the set of Field of Dreams, Havlicek would have been one of the ghosts walking out of a cornfield. It certainly seemed that way to Kevin Garnett, who can’t seem to get enough of these chats with the spirits of Celtics past.

“I didn’t blink one time when he was talking,” Garnett said. “I’m sure he’s a busy man, and this is not necessarily what he wants to do, but this is great. Whenever someone like this comes around, you always want to go and show him the time and respect he deserves. It’s not a crash course, but it’s definitely a one-on-one tour of what this organization is all about.”

As opposed to, say, Minnesota?

“This is a different deal from player treatment to the whole vibe that exists here,” said Garnett of the difference between the Celtics and his former team, the Timberwolves. “This is league history, right here.”

Havlicek’s appearance will probably rank as a personal favorite for Rivers, who has invited a number of former Celtics to address the team over the last two years.

“He’s my favorite player,” Rivers said. “I loved him because he never stopped moving. He was the original Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton, because he never stopped moving. But any time there are guys like this who can talk to the team, it’s better than anything we can say. We’ve experienced it on the perimeter, but they’ve been right in the middle of it. If they don’t know team dynamics, then it doesn’t exist.”

Havlicek likes the changes his old team has made to the roster.

“I think the fans would have given this team with the young guys one more year, but this is quite a move that they’ve made,” the Hall of Famer said. “Now you have three All-Stars (Paul Pierce [stats], Garnett, Ray Allen) on the same team. And they made a couple of good acquisitions to fill in around them with (James) Posey and (Eddie) House. They’ll add some new dimensions.

“I know everyone’s anticipating a lot of things now. We were waiting for the young guys to develop, but with this nucleus we now have the chance to be a very good team.”

WOW! Game 1 down and a win to boot. Loved listening on the NBA radio network to the local Celtics guys commentatng on the game. The crowd was huge. Post game interviews showed how upbeat and surprised KG was at that sort of response. He was so pumped early, he missed a close shot and almost threw the ball through the backboard.
From the commentary, the Celtics weren't close to perfect, but still had plenty to win the game. Little ball movement early which is un-characteristic of this current squad. A big performance from KG, 22 and 20 to go with 5 assists, 3 blocks and 3 steals! 28, 5 and 4 for Pierce to go with a block. Rondo shot the ball well with 15 points, 4 steals, 2 boards and 2 assists. Ray Allen, 17, 4 and 2.

I for one am very happy at a first up win. Game 2 will be tough against a flourishing offense by way of Toronto. Looking forward to heading to that one live!

Big game one! Nice win! Record, 1-0 :D

KG had a stormer!!! great start to his C's career!!! Good to see them shove that prediction of Arenas's down his throat....

ALLl I can say is man they wooped the shit out of the wizards the C's are scary Kg is a big defference to any team man that guys good I always thought he was top3 easy best player in the leauge.

Saw the last few minutes of the game before Suns/Lakers and boy were they pumped. Showing so much enthusiasm and support for each other it was awesome. Can't wait to see the Celts back up the top!

Found this in the Celtics game preview write-up! lol. Not sure if it means he will but heads or is that tyoe of coach or just someone being smart?? :lol:

The Celtics (1-0) are still riding high off the electric atmosphere of the Garden from Friday night, and they hope to carry that energy over into their Sunday game against the Raptors. Celtics But Head Coach Doc Rivers knows that the C's will have a test today.

That looks about right!!!! Will be following the game at work on the net illegally..........I have a student teaching my class!! Yehaa!!!

Back
Top Bottom