The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Re: The Official BOSTON CELTICS Season Thread

So far Perkins has taken the likes of Eddy Curry and Bosh etc. KG has been the help out defense and as usual with him they try to take him out of the key etc. The Celts have so far held most teams to a low FG% inside and its hard to point out if its just KG or the whole effort of Perk, KG, Powe etc etc. Its only pre season and most of the defensive pressure is from those fighting for court time, roster spots etc. The main effect so far has just been him changing shots and hence the lower fg% of others compared to ours. Good D isn't always spectacular.

I can actually see KG getting a few tripple doubles this season for us. Over his career he has been a 20/10 guy every season and 4-5 ast's to boot. Now with more around him thats only a few more passes to open guys and he has it. I'd still like to see Doc start to implement some sort of zone defenses as well to mix it up especially with the second unit when KG is out there with them. Him patrolling the back line of a 1-3-1 zone would provide some great shot blocking IMO.

Agreed about KG and the TD's - the season he had the most was when Spree and Cassell were at the twolves - two quality targets - and to be honest Pierce and Allen IMO will be better targets than those guys so he could well stack up the assists.

Taking up yr point about Doc being a very average coach, how far do u see these guys going?? I've always enjoyed reading the sports guy on espn and he's bagged Rivers for years. I just wonder whether the fact that KG, Pierce and Allen are all experienced players, how much they'll actually be able to run the ship themselves....

Also where are u watching these games. I've just abandoned sky tv/espn here and am getting broadband - do u have a good site to watch them??

Seen the few Euro games so far myself and then only highlights from the US soil games. Offense looks tidy without a doubt and many moves developing. It's funny how the idea was to see double teams on the big 3 and then find the open man, it's worked a charm so far with Ray Allen and PP getting a few open looks. The biggest affect this will have is on Perk being in the right place for the easy dunk though (from a KG pass around the paint). He'll see alot more time at the line as well. He will be a big improver for them this year.
Defense also looks good, but I haven't noticed zone at all (as Chad mentions). The Celtics definitely need it as an option, it's worked so well in the past couple of years against certain teams, like the Cavs, with their younger guys. They could just never capitolize on the offensive end. Rondo is bagging steals and KG and Perk are getting blocks, so the D is working. I said before (I think?) Posey has been outstanding on D. Much more D from him than offense. KG certainly is lively out there Al anyway, to try and help answer your question. No doubting that he has and will continue to have a major effect on the team.

Doc is CLEARLY average at best and the starting unit at least will be allowed more freedom to make choices on their own. Eddie House brings experiance to the second unit from a ball carriers point of view but his bringing it up court so far has been with my hands over my eyes as its hard to watch. Teams will most certainly trap the second unit.

Perk has been a standout and even if teams make the adjustments he takes a defender out of the equation then. Posey has been good on the defensive end and Scal has taken the role that Walter had in those decent years as well. Powe has really impressed me and his game against the Knicks was pretty good on the boards. Big powerful guy and will be the Rick Mahorn of this team without the thugery.

I think the key to this team doing well is the 'new three' enjoying themselves. So far the chemistry and the way they have all jelled on and off the court is beyond what we all expected and refreshing in this day of age with egos etc.

Expect the starters to be back next game though after sitting out the last two. Allen only played apparently because he had got all his mates tickets to the game LOL

Rasheed again... :rolleyes:

someone obviously hasn't seen Rondo's play so far with the Three and Perkins improvement and body as well :rolleyes:

Maybe he might look at his own game and how he can't play 48 minutes anymore as well :wave:

And West wasn't a PG btw :roll: Neither was Green and Telfair certainly wasn't LOL

"They need to worry about making the playoffs first," Wallace said. "This is
no knock on those three guys they have but they don't have a point guard,
center or bench. They gave it away in the trade. I'll be [expletive] if you
can build a playoff winning team during the off-season, it can't be done.
It's going to take some time."

Wallace gave examples of the Spurs and Pistons as championship teams that
were not built overnight. He said championship teams need time to jell. But
there is no denying the worth and all-star ability of Garnett, Allen and
Pierce.

"In crunch time, one of those three is going to get the rock," Wallace said.
"If you need that outside shot you're going to give it to Jesus' [Allen, who
starred as Jesus Shuttlesworth in the movie He Got Game']. If you need
someone to go to the line and get that and one, you'll give it to Paul. And
this is the first time they've had a post player since Kevin McHale. But
they're not going to be able to play all 48 minutes . . . there's a whole
lot of ifs and a whole lot of questions with them."

:lol:
I thought I saw more than 3 guys the last few games?!?!?!?!?

We did have AL last year in the post too, lol.

If someone comes out and reminds Sheed of that comment if they meet first round in the playoffs and get swepted, that would be priceless :lol:

Not doubting the "unknown" as it's a given, but saying that rubbish is ridiculous. I would be downright embarrased.

Another loss :lol: excuse? Perk was out lol. Bad shooting again it seems. Probably lacking a little in the big men department with Perk sitting today going up against Randolph and Curry. Would like to see the game actually to see what went on. At least the foul shooting was improved at over 80%. Pierce led scorers with 29 and 8 boards, 3 assists and 3 steals. KG had 5 blocks, 17 and 10, to go with 2 assists and a steal.
I don't know why Big Baby wasn't in the game as it seems Scal, Leon and KG got into foul trouble. Doc didn't use the rooks until 10 seconds remaining in te last quarter for some reason. Glen should at the very least have been in there earlier I think. Might have helped win the game.

Any other coach would of got us the win. No Perk is no excuse for simply just playing badly. You get that every now and then. Docs rotations suck and Scal in the starting five proves that.

Last year this time he persisted with a small unit and that failed, he tried it during the season and that failed. Having a four out four in rotation fails but I doubt anything changes. If we do win a lot of games this year it wont be thru the work of Rivers.

Another loss :lol: excuse? Perk was out lol. Bad shooting again it seems. Probably lacking little in the big men department with Perk sitting today going up against Randolph and Curry. Would like to see the game actually to see what went on. At least the foul shooting was improved at over 80%. Pierce led corers with 29 and 8 boards, 3 assists and 3 steals. KG had 5 blocks, 17 and 10, to go with 2 assists and a steal.
I don't know why Big Baby wasn't in the game as it seems Scal, Leon and KG got into foul trouble. Doc didn't use the rooks until 10 seconds remaining in te last quarter for some reason. Glen should at the very least have been in there earlier I think. Might have helped win the game.

I read somewhere it was likely Glen Davis would be sent to the D-league?

I doubt Davis goes to the D league at this stage. The guy has great feet and should be given the chance to prove himself in practice and work hard in those scrimages to stay in shape.

Jones, Manuel and Wallace etc will be cut or go to the D league next.

Pruitt will likely go I think, unless they want to see what Wallace can do down there and give him some quality time (being in the D League). Insaying that, Pruitt may well be cut too lol.
You could say Doc wanted to see some things by leaving certain guys on the floor, but usually it's the rooks being left on and not the opposite. So who knows. But somene should realise if that sort of thing continues it will only be hurting them. At least it's only preseason.

Well today is the day you might see them get extended time with the starters rested.

Nets -5 for me today for a small cash bonus :-D

So that's the Nets to win? I'm not big on the betting lingo like that lol.

Boston 71 - New Jersey 81

Another pre-season loss, however, 4 of the 5 starters sat and only Kidd sat for the Nets. So still a promising effort.

Big Baby led all scorers with 21 points, 6 boards and 3 blocks!
Steal monger, Tony Allen, proves again his potential if given minutes with 6 steals, 9 assists, yet only 10 points due to very poor shooting. He's still warming into it, it does take him a while to get going with confidence.

Still wishing I could see these games now lol. We need some Celtics fans looking to upload some games.

So that's the Nets to win? I'm not big on the betting lingo like that lol.

Yup thats the Nets to win by more than 5 pts. :woot::wave::D

And I'll just say :rolleyes:when I look at Davis's stat lines and then the D league talk. Wont say I didn't tell you guys :thumbsup:

That games shows NJ has a bit to go it seems :cool:

I doubt Davis goes to the D league at this stage. The guy has great feet and should be given the chance to prove himself in practice and work hard in those scrimages to stay in shape.

Jones, Manuel and Wallace etc will be cut or go to the D league next.

The Boston Celtics announced today that the team has requested waivers on guards Dahntay Jones and Jackie Manuel. The training camp roster now stands at 14.:thumbsup:

:eek::eek::eek::blink::blink::blink::blink::mad:

Antoine Walker Wants To Be A Celtic
25 10 2007

This just in Antoine Walker has been traded AGIAN. This time to Minnesota for two other ex-Celtics players, Ricky Davis and Marc Blount. Ok who am I kidding that was yesterdays news. Today the news is Antoine Walker want to be bought out of his contract so he come re-join the Celtics.

Just how bad does Antoine Walker wants to become a Celtic again? My sources tell me that Walker is willing to take the league minimum salary to join the Celtics.

As I was told it’s not about money, it’s not about pride, it’s about unfinish business. Antoine wants to win his second championship here in Boston. He know that he is at the end of his career and he wants to finish it in Boston.

Walkers also wants to let everyone know that he is NOT, out of shape. Not matter how much the people down in Miami would like for you to belieave. He’s ready to play this season.

So I ask my source is Antoine willing to take on a much different role here in Boston then he once had in his previous two tours of duty? The anwser I got was YES. I was told that Walker understood he would be the 6th,7th or 8th man on the food chain. He also knowns that he could help this team out to get to where it has to go. Weather it’s being the best player in practice, and extra set of eyes on the bench. Helping out the young guys. Whatever it takes for him to do it want to do it.

My sources told me that Walker was very greatful to Danny Ainge and the Celtics Ownership group for allowing him a chance to go to Miami, given him a chance at a ring. When he left Boston the second time around he left on a good note and I think it’s one reason why both teams would have to look at bring Walker back if the situation presents itself.

The fact that Walkers wants to come back to Boston is not a surprise to me. In fact I wrote a blog over the summer saying how my sources told me that Walker wants to come back. (see my 8/2/07 blog Walker Wants To Come Home) This trade just makes it more likely to happen.

Interesting! I tipped he'd be bought out, but joining the Celtics? Hmmm....would you have him?

Not in a million years would I want him back.

We have more use for Doleac than Walker anyway. At least he is a slight upgraded on Pollard.

I'd rather Pollard than either of those two.

Do you think that Walker would even be considered by Boston tho Jaja???

I mean they've got a pretty solid team, and Walker just wouldnt fit in IMO...

Back
Top Bottom