The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Came across a set today that interested me.

@nazimcricket

It looks like the 1993/94 Weetbix set but contains five extra cards.

The note on bottom says Ashes tourists 'plus other hopefuls".

Not sure if this another similar set released from another source...but uses John Ireland art and cards were same size as Weetbix, same font. I couldn't see card backs unfortunately.

Naz or anyone know?

20200122_114815.jpg

That will be the County Print U.K. version of the weetbix cards ...

http://nazimcricket.com/cigs2.php?p_link2=cpji
As you've said, there are 5 extra cards and though I don't have them in front of me right at this moment, from memory those cards are a teeny bit taller than the weetbix one and the cardstock was a fraction thicker as well - I'd have to double check these details.

In terms of value - they are no more expensive than the weetbix ones - in case you were wondering.

That will be the County Print U.K. version of the weetbix cards ...

http://nazimcricket.com/cigs2.php?p_link2=cpji
As you've said, there are 5 extra cards and though I don't have them in front of me right at this moment, from memory those cards are a teeny bit taller than the weetbix one and the cardstock was a fraction thicker as well - I'd have to double check these details.

In terms of value - they are no more expensive than the weetbix ones - in case you were wondering.

Thanks Naz. I just wasn't sure if I'd missed a mail away bonus or something, from Weetbix, back in the day.

Your website is fantastic. I've got all my old cards out and cataloged them against your lists. I can't begin to say what a horder I have been, to the point I'd forgotten sets I had got over the years.

Thanks Naz. I just wasn't sure if I'd missed a mail away bonus or something, from Weetbix, back in the day.

Your website is fantastic. I've got all my old cards out and cataloged them against your lists. I can't begin to say what a horder I have been, to the point I'd forgotten sets I had got over the years.

I’m with you there Chris. I found 32 sets of Futera 95/96 cards in my shed the other day 😂

That poor kid Prestwidge will cop it for the loss and yep, two crucial errors probably did cost the match. The reality is the Heat had a poor season, great front runners, no consistency and making the finals would have awarded their mediocrity.

Lynn needs to get some more variety in his batting and learn to bat out a tough situation. The captaincy in the overs leading to the timeout was terrible, gifting a single off every ball.

Yep agreed but why play him if not gonna bowl him, Not his fault. Scapegoat for sure. Didnt really like Lynns comments immediately at end of game either about only a game etc etc. I get what he was trying to say but its not what the fans want to hear

Another impressive win by them last night to keep their hope and 100% finals win record intact.
All ready have tickets for the final, wife and daughter are sixers fans I just hope the thunder make it now.

You beauty, a hat-trick and a five-fa for Ashton Agar last night against South Africa! Our men’s T20 team seems to have clicked - good timing with the World Cup not too far away.

On the other hand disappointing for our women last night but I reckon they’ll bounce back and still make the semis.

Back
Top Bottom