The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Speaking of bewildering potential non-selections, see if you can put a name to this batsman:

*Last played a T20I for Australia in September 2016
*Has scored 242 runs from 154 balls at an average of 60.5 and strike rate of 157.14 in the current BBL season.
*Is 36 years old
*Shares the same name as the lead character in the film "It's a Wonderful Life"
*.....and probably is no longer "young and funky enough" to earn a T20I call-up!

Speaking of bewildering potential non-selections, see if you can put a name to this batsman:

*Last played a T20I for Australia in September 2016
*Has scored 242 runs from 154 balls at an average of 60.5 and strike rate of 157.14 in the current BBL season.
*Is 36 years old
*Shares the same name as the lead character in the film "It's a Wonderful Life"
*.....and probably is no longer "young and funky enough" to earn a T20I call-up!

Now...you are being ridiculous. Lol. Picked on form?!?

Anyway...
I always thought you could be 17 or 36 but if in form...picked.

Selections now are an open joke even amongst the cricketing fraternity.

Reactions: 220
There is a 37 year old that has scored 288 ave 36 & SR 137.8 and can roll the arm over in a pinch that last played a T20 March 2016.

Would be interesting to see a over 35 v under 25 BBL match up.

Cant remember a player being added to s squad just days out from a test purely on form and not to cover a injury concern.
Quite a backflip by selectors, not sure if it leaves egg on the selectors or if continuing to ignore him would have looked worse just hoping he gets a chance now.

The next big question is who will be named VC, really we are in a situation where if Paine is injured we are leaderless.

Cant remember a player being added to s squad just days out from a test purely on form and not to cover a injury concern.
Quite a backflip by selectors, not sure if it leaves egg on the selectors or if continuing to ignore him would have looked worse just hoping he gets a chance now.

The next big question is who will be named VC, really we are in a situation where if Paine is injured we are leaderless.

Lyon for VC maybe. The bloke can do no wrong.

So stoked for Kurtis Patterson right now.

Test cap # 457.

I was there when he debuted for NSW and scored a ton. Here's hoping he replicates this at Test level.

On another note, would have picked Puckovski over Lovelasagne too.

Strong talk today that Australia’s Test team will boast THREE debutants, with Kurtis Patterson added to the squad. There is a chance he may join Wil Pucovski and Jhye Richardson in the starting XI on Thursday. @The Mad Hatter: imagine FORM being a selection criteria!! 😉

What manner of anarchy is that?!? Form!!!

Wookie and I have discussed this most of the summer LOL as we traverse Sydney for matches.

I'm pretty stoked for KP. I hope he goes hard. I'm kicking myself I didn't snap up the Jhye Richardson player of the week card. Only got the Watson and just remembered to do that too.

Richo showing what happens when you bowl a good line and length. Starc would do well to have a look at what Jhye's doing.

To be fair to Starc, I hope he gets his 200th and then Australia starts looking at his replacement.

What did Justin Langer say?

No one has a right to a baggy green?

Cal Ferguson take a bow.

And Matt Gilkes had a debut to remember...dropped catch as WK and 51.

The test match is well poised too though one must start to think Khawaja is on thin ice. Needed to stand up this summer but has failed to lead.

Well done Callum Ferguson - you superstar! If you missed the game last night, do yourself a favour and watch the highlights. One of the best T20 innings I have seen. Matt Gilkes also a half century on debut and to do that after such a disappointing start to the match shows the young man has great temprement - well done to both of you and the thunder team.

Ive woken to a Thunder win vs the Salary Cap scroungers AND England out for 77 vs WI. just need Harris and KP to ton up and I'm in a very good place.
Amazing chase by the Thunder last night, as hard as it was for me to watch with my Scorchers needing to win it to stay alive, but I'm not sure this is necessary. Exactly zero evidence of any salary cap manipulation and very strongly and publicly refuted by everyone involved. Would have thought after such a fantastic win, setting you up for a tilt at the final four, this sort of stuff would be the last thing on your mind.

On the other hand, I do agree that England being rolled by the Windies is great to see!

I was worried about the thunder when Butler and Root left but Watson and Ferguson have stepped up. Devcich and Gilkes look like they can bat and with Sams, Sanga, Green their batting doesn't look as weak as I thought it might.

Amazing chase by the Thunder last night, as hard as it was for me to watch with my Scorchers needing to win it to stay alive, but I'm not sure this is necessary. Exactly zero evidence of any salary cap manipulation and very strongly and publicly refuted by everyone involved. Would have thought after such a fantastic win, setting you up for a tilt at the final four, this sort of stuff would be the last thing on your mind.

On the other hand, I do agree that England being rolled by the Windies is great to see!

Mate...was just jesting.

BBL is bubblegum to me. Fun and carefree.

I could care less who wins tbh.

Back
Top Bottom