The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Ladies and Gentlemen, not one of us posted about the last Test match! 😳

So with that in mind, let’s think about the MCG Test.... What do you expect to happen? Will Australia’s renaissance continue or will India hit back?

I think we are all still in shock that we actually won a test :lol:
To be honest i just want them to show fight and if they go down they go down swinging. I'm not sure what will happen, but they now have belief, and that can be an amazing thing in sport.

I think there'll be a result.. 2 of the 3 shield games there so far this year have had results. The 3rd was a draw but it's understood the curator was trying something different for that game and is likely to produce a pitch like the first 2 games for the test match. Besides, there's too much riding on it for them to produce anything other than a result forcing pitch. If they get another 'poor' rating from the ICC, they won't be having the Boxing Day test next year...

The Australian team will be co-captained during the Boxing Day Test 🙂

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/arc...-make-a-wish-adelaide-langer-paine/2018-12-23

This is why the ball tampering thing MATTERS. Like it or not, the Australian players are role models who inspire “generation next”. I like the way this incarnation of the team presents itself to the public, they are trying very hard to win back the love and respect.

Mitchell Marsh has replaced Peter Handscomb in the Australian XI while India have taken the extraordinary step of dropping BOTH openers! Mayank Agarwal earns a Test debut, to be partnered with Hanuma Vihari (who moves up from number six in the order). Rohit Sharma has returned from injury and will bat at six. However Ravi Ashwin has not recovered sufficiently from injury and Ravindra Jadeja will play as India’s spinner.

I really don’t like the tone coming out of the Australian camp regarding Mitch Marsh. It would appear that yet again he has been chosen to “support” the front line bowlers. I maintain that your all-rounder should at least be able to contribute regular wickets with the ball - and that a bowling average of 42.45 after 30 Tests tells you as much as you need to know about the likelihood of that happening, unfortunately.

Would much rather a recognised 6.

Failing that, how about Burns, Maxwell or Labushagne? Burns is averaging 47 domestically, the latter both bowl handy tweakers.

I feel sorry for M Marsh. Tremendous athlete and great cricketer, just gets bumped around with no continuity. Another victim to our test teams love of fast medium all rounder.

I don’t know what you blokes are complaining about! I thought it was engrossing day of Test cri.......

7C48BFFC-9E2F-4050-BC77-EF5C0CD623B2.gif

When are our batsman going to learn to build an innings? Harris looks okay until he gets to 20, let’s just hook it straight down fine legs throat.
There was that stat from when he was playing for WA that he got out in the 20s in a staggeringly high proportion of his innings. Now in the Test team, he's been out in the 20s in four innings out of five. He's actually looked not too bad in my opinion - certainly far better than Finch - but he desperately needs to learn a way to go on with it.

The Australian team bats with one and a half hands tied behind its back in Test cricket.

Of the top seven batsmen, the one with the BEST First Class average is Usman Khawaja, with 43.87. Shaun Marsh is next, averaging 41.00. Finch and Harris average mid 30’s, Travis Head a tick under 37, Mitch Marsh a tick under 32 and Tim Paine around 30. These numbers are now seen as good enough for Test selection.

I’m interested in people’s views on Cameron Bancroft’s return to cricket during the last week or so. I found myself feeling sick in the stomach watching him bat (briefly) against Hobart on Sunday. Coupled with the ill-advised “new and improved” PR machine that has dominated discussion in recent times, I found myself having no positive thoughts towards him whatsoever. My worry is that he will be back in the national set-up very soon in the name of “re-integration”. To be completely honest, I view him in the same way that I do Mohammad Amir from Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom