Teamcoach 2020

Mike_K

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mike
eBay User
mikek3293
Teamcoach have fired up their facebook & Instagram accounts for the 2020 release.

Gold for their 20th year.
Packs still $2.99.
2 gold cards per pack.
Release date 12 March 2020.

973391B5-259D-406C-9A60-4E2E3B5965F6.jpeg

2680A7B1-92C0-4EBB-89F4-F6F008DDD1A8.jpeg

D7FD4DC0-F7D2-4C12-A5C9-30072AC0B8BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Checklists have been posted ahead of tomorrow’s release date.

No reference to a ‘Captains’ subset - but TeamCoach have indicated one in their replies to comments, including AFLW Captains. Maybe it’s a McDonalds release like last year.

13D2D00C-EE75-47A5-96FD-7E62E9180D0D.jpeg

1C1DDC74-6674-417F-B729-248772EBE9EF.jpeg

Anyone seen a pack in Perth yet?
Apparently they’re only out in Victoria today and everywhere else Monday. Having said that, anything could happen with Teamcoach and release dates, so if anyone in Perth finds any I’d be keen to know as well.

Anyone seen a pack in Perth yet?

Things are a bit grim! :cry:
Spoke to my local newso (always a reliable TC outlet) & they said they are not expecting their stocks (boxes & albums) until NEXT Thursday - 19/03/20

A6EBF83D-4445-4CBA-9434-F2E857937185.jpeg

Busted my box today, somehow managed to get 9 doubles all in the same box, not sure if I just got extremely unlucky or if all boxes are like this but Gee wiz
Also noticed a lot of the codes on the back of the golds are the same for different players, not sure how that works? Like the Fyfe and Smith both have the same code on the back

Thanks for posted details of your box bust @Beamsy17 - pretty bad collation to get that many doubles of the inserts.:eek:

Clearly getting harder to get a full set of commons from a box these days, given the size of the common set & so many subsets. Also 2 golds a pack doesn’t help.

Haven’t see the back of a pack to see the insert ratios, but just based on 9 cards per pack, with 2 golds & assuming 1 other insert - that is down to 6 commons per pack.
6 commons per pack x 36 packs in a box = 216 commons. With 234 commons in the set, always likely to fall short, even if no double ups.

TC does have a history for doing bigger production runs of commons for some teams that others - usually Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton. With the teams with fewer cards in their team sets getting a smaller production run of common - e.g Gold Coast. Making some commons harder to track down over time.

ratios are on website

commons: 6 per pack
gold: 2 per pack
3D Icon: 1:3
Footy Flipz or B&F or Battlebodz or Fab5: 1:6
Magic or Star: 1:36
Trophy: 1:360

prize cards in albums again

The codes on gold cards seem to open up 10 cards at a time - really not sure the point of this as you can open all codes with about 20 cards. Maybe they have had complaints about people with a million teams each and want to just make it a giant free-for-all. If anyone has some codes to exchange I have a few for starters.

My top teams keep dropping out, so I hope they fix this before round 1.

Having fewer prize cards and putting them all in albums, plus the change to the codes, is moving Teamcoach every closer to being a collectible product rather than a gaming product. I'm surprised Select aren't getting worked up about this.

Thanks Beamsy. I’ll get a box at Ja Jas over the weekend. I heard from the newsagent that the albums are still 2 weeks away..

I think the AFL are keen to just play the games as scheduled without crowds for the time being. I’m betting that Teamcoach will ignore any impact on prize cards.

When I get a box would love to trade codes to play the game and trade for gc and gws inserts!
.shame about the game I really enjoyed that each year and was a shame when they made the codes re usable. I know they would have lost a lot of sales as I used to buy 3 boxes just to get the codes for the game and now I am 1 box max

Back
Top Bottom