Supremacy! Tell us what you did.

matty83

#gocrows
Real Name
matt
eBay User
matthanson83
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about what's happened with the supremacy release and remeber all the talk before It came out.

I'm interested in what people actually did.

Did you just buy the cards you wanted?

Did you bust a few boxes or a few cases in hope of a big hit and a quick pay day?

Are you holding onto boxes or cards broken as an investment?

Bust a box or two to trade for what you wanted?

Any lucky or unlucky other stories to tell?

Cheers Matt.

I grabbed 2 boxes because I’ve wanted a product like this for a very long time. But really only collect Hawks and didn’t hit one, so been trying to do as many trades as possible. Both my boxes were pretty average when compared to most others and didn’t hit anything special, but surprisingly it was so much fun anyway. Dud boxes in series 2 are a real buzz kill but I still enjoyed Supremacy. I’m not going to rush to sell on eBay because prices are settling quickly. Whatever I don’t trade I’ll keep for now.

Same as Blown8 been waiting for a product like this for a long time. I busted a case, kept the top 4 hits and sold the rest, and made back the amount I spent on the case. Then used some of the money to buy all the crows sigs!! Overall I think there was heaps of value in the product, you just had to have the initial capital, and could easily sell for close to or more than you paid in most cases (pun intended). Only thing I think was missing was signature patch cards for retired players and may be cut sigs from those not around to sign anymore............8.5 to 9/10 for me.

Two boxes bought separately, hit two booklets. I personally love the cards and have been picking up auto singles that I like at great prices. I have also entered a few breaks and hit some gorgeous cards. The release is not perfect, but it's a huge home run for select as far as I am concerned

Bought 5 cases plus a few boxes, sold pretty much everything got lucky with a few big hits, and as it stands after eBay fees I will come close to doubling my money, a great release I was worried at the start you could only make money doing breaks but the resale has been outstanding although starting to slow down a bit now, although anyone just doing breaks with these will easily make a lot more can basically name your price on breaks

I only bought the one box and pulled some great cards. Managed to get four spots in breaks and was super lucky with the hits. From there I traded hard to get the rarer west coast cards before they disappeared off the radar, a few eBay auctions later and I’m one card short of a full eagles set.

no boxes or case for me, just bought the Richmond cards I could not live without ( Francis bourke sigh / Jim jess sigh / Alex Rance patch card / dusty & Maurice Rioli norm smith and Cotchin & dusty premiership-brownlow double..and im good
the rest of my $$ will be going on premiership memorabilia

I bought one box, didn’t hit any Eagles cards but did pull the Hird signature which I was very happy with. I have since traded it for some of the Eagles cards from this series which I probably would have struggled to get otherwise. Definitely going to be a long-term effort to knock off the Eagles master set.

Agree completely with @BLOWN8 about how fun it was to bust the box. A completely different experience to the normal boxes. The thickness and quality of the cards added to that, as well as every card being numbered, just made it an enjoyable bust all round.

I also think @skempautos hit the nail on the head with regards to the initial capital needed. For many people including myself $500 is a big outlay on a box of footy cards, even if it turned out in the end you would very likely make your money back if you sold all the cards you got. I wish I had a couple of thousand dollars to be able to buy more boxes initially but it just wasn’t feasible. And also the point about no patch cards from older players being one of the few things missing, but that leaves the room for improvement if there’s a second edition of Supremacy in a few years.

I bought one box, didn’t hit any Eagles cards but did pull the Hird signature which I was very happy with. I have since traded it for some of the Eagles cards from this series which I probably would have struggled to get otherwise. Definitely going to be a long-term effort to knock off the Eagles master set.

Agree completely with @BLOWN8 about how fun it was to bust the box. A completely different experience to the normal boxes. The thickness and quality of the cards added to that, as well as every card being numbered, just made it an enjoyable bust all round.

I also think @skempautos hit the nail on the head with regards to the initial capital needed. For many people including myself $500 is a big outlay on a box of footy cards, even if it turned out in the end you would very likely make your money back if you sold all the cards you got. I wish I had a couple of thousand dollars to be able to buy more boxes initially but it just wasn’t feasible. And also the point about no patch cards from older players being one of the few things missing, but that leaves the room for improvement if there’s a second edition of Supremacy in a few years.

Yep exact same pretty much, bought the one box as I needed funds elsewhere, hit the Shuey common for myself along with a Collingwood premiership glory and patch that went to my mate. Everything else was meh.

Just been real lucky that a few collectors I'm close with go out of their way for me when they get hold of WCE cards (and I do in return when I hit their teams) to be sent some amazing cards.

Some really good stories, most seemed to do well. I'm in a similar boat. Went with two boxes and hit a Sam Jacobs Signature patch which I mean I should have kept because I collect crows signatures but offloading it quick got me enough money to go out and get basically all of the other crows cards in the series.

Split a case with a mate and then brought another box. Traded all my cards for pc cards and kept the three big hits to sell as to hard to split them. Was amazing as was able to trade all 40 cards without having to sell any!

Purchased one box for the fun of opening it and in the hope I'd pull a high end Collingwood card or at least another high end card to flip. Didn't pull any high end cards or even a Collingwood card, but I've now got an empty box/pack to keep and I'll still make a couple of hundred bucks after ebay fees to put towards cards that interest me. I probably could have got more $, but I wanted to move them quickly.

Got approached offline to purchase the Patch/Sig and was able to match it up when I saw 01 for sale on eBay

1EC4FB8A-0627-4F08-BE89-4DDC1A5BD178.jpeg

I bought two boxes, first was ok (nothing special) But still made a buck and half, second box i hit the amazing card pictured below and sold the rest for close to the box price! Since then I have been in a few breaks, some I did really really well, others I hit nothing but overall well in front on breaks too!

i was not going to collect the WCE set but one group of breaks I was in nearly got me there in one swoop so have kept a lot more than I anticipated.

04E7A8F4-CE13-48C1-96C9-4B6F870E7195.jpeg

My horrible run of bad boxes and bad breaks continued from Dominance into Supremacy, the only card of note I got from a box was a Treloar patch and I didn't get anything beyond a common within the 5/6 breaks I was part of.

It was soul destroying, and I still have over half the Eagles set I need to collect.

But in saying all that the few mates I have who collect went above and beyond for me, not only getting me the Kerr sig, Matera sig but also the Cousins P/B double sig guernsey #09 card which has easily become the top card in my collection.

I grabbed 2 boxes because I’ve wanted a product like this for a very long time. But really only collect Hawks and didn’t hit one, so been trying to do as many trades as possible. Both my boxes were pretty average when compared to most others and didn’t hit anything special, but surprisingly it was so much fun anyway. Dud boxes in series 2 are a real buzz kill but I still enjoyed Supremacy. I’m not going to rush to sell on eBay because prices are settling quickly. Whatever I don’t trade I’ll keep for now.
I have a dear03 if interested

What I have done and where I am heading:

Have planned to acquire all GWS cards with the exception of the cogs Guernsey concept especially the /25 variant - not gunna pay more than what I paid for Guernsey numbered top ends of certified

Made the Josh Kelly ones as my top priority as the single player component of my PC: mission next to complete

Kelly and Greene cards extra copies redeemed for next fan day: signatures on these should look tops IMO

Really like the black folklore cards and am currently in the middle of chasing this set thus inclusive of a Martin high flyer from dominance to make up for the suns excluded from such concept

Am considering redeeming the select top loader album or alternatively might find a cheaper one similar at office works if some can provide me the measurements?

Back
Top Bottom