Supremacy - Game changer or hobby destroyer?

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
What's everyone's thoughts? Is this a massive game changer for AFL collectors or is it going to harm the hobby?

It's likely to mean the team/set collectors will be really challenged.
Obviously unprecedented quality and prices.

I also think there will be a disparity in the prices - where once we might have done a swap as the cards were a similar price I do think we will start to see a greater variety in pricing

is this bad for the hobby or just something new for AFL collectors that they will need to get used to?

See where the prices settle in a couple of months. Dont think that a lot of the cards will be out of reach of team collectors in the long run.

Quite an amazing collection. The white background of the cards would be my biggest gripe. A little bland looking.

Havent really been collecting a whole lot since around 2014, with the occasional box every 2 years or so to scratch the itch.

I like the release - it is something different from the typical Series 1 and 2 releases every year. Got a box today and I love the look of some of them. It really is something special that has never been seen in AFL cards (atleast since I started collecting in 2012).

Would love it if they produce something like this every 5 or so years - would certainly keep me interested in the future.

Quite an amazing collection. The white background of the cards would be my biggest gripe. A little bland looking.
as always each to there own..but I love the clean/white/crisp easy to see (autograph)design of the cards. but agree a amazing collection

What worked out well here was this release was perfect for the no longer packet puller nor box break participate like me. The way every card was a high end card including the commons made it easy for me to obtain yet with the same kind of challenging nature I got whilst buying packets in my earlier eras of collecting

BTW is/was surpremacy just a 1-off as an extra high end above dominance/certified or are there any rumours that a corresponding release will take place after dominance 2 next year?

In other words, will Future force make a comeback instead or will select start working on another 'posh' release to come out in years to come?

BTW is/was surpremacy just a 1-off as an extra high end above dominance/certified or are there any rumours that a corresponding release will take place after dominance 2 next year?

In other words, will Future force make a comeback instead or will select start working on another 'posh' release to come out in years to come?

The only people who would really know at the moment would be Select.

Back
Top Bottom