streaming hearthstone + others!

what did you think of wonder monster boy? the original (WB III) on the master system s one of my favorite console games. this is obviously different, but i really liked it.
im glad you asked. considering my twitch name and pic on here is of mekadragon, the boss of Wonder boy in monster land, and the first boss in dragons trap, I think you know my answer lol

im glad you asked. considering my twitch name and pic on here is of mekadragon, the boss of Wonder boy in monster land, and the first boss in dragons trap, I think you know my answer lol
to be honest, i never actually noticed your avatar, but i did assume you liked WB due to your twitch name. but ive heard a few people say this one wasnt that great (not me), so wasnt sure how you thought it held up...

the original on, wonder boy, was hot garbage. really really bad. not till the 2nd one did most of the lore, cool stuff and progression become a thing.

my personal fav is wonder boy in monster land, because as a little boy (yes im that fkn old) i beat the game both on master system and in the arcade.

fun fact: the game i was playing yesterday (monster boy and the cursed kingdom) is a spin-off of the original series made by its original creator but couldnt have the same title name as sega/the copyright holders are dicks lol.

fun fact: the game i was playing yesterday (monster boy and the cursed kingdom) is a spin-off of the original series made by its original creator but couldnt have the same title name as sega/the copyright holders are dicks lol.
yes, WB 1 was pretty dodgy. just a basic platformer really. WB III (dragons trap) is the one i think youre thinking of tho. WB III monster land/lair is a sidescrolling 'shooter' (of sorts). its actually pretty good, but not the same as the one where you change into different animals, which is the one i was referencing as my favorite console game.
youre correct in that the new one is obviously a spin-off of dragons trap and it does very well in my opinion. shame it couldnt keep the name...
there was a remake made a few years back of the master system version, which is also very good.

im actually not a fan of dragons trap. im not mistaken. monster land = best wonder boy :)
fair enough. a little surprising...its not bad. its my second fave, but dragons trap definitely = best. :p
maybe you were unlucky with the PC port achievements? i seem to remember them unlocking without issue and only taking a single playthrough. one of the easiest platinum's i got...

i think i may be confused with achievements vs speedrun attempts in a certain category. I know 1 category is a massive pain in the arse. so maybe thats what im thinking of.

theres nothing wrong with dragons trap, def the 2nd best, but the nostalgia of monster land gets me every time, with that super relaxing music :p

also, monster boy and the cursed kingdom seems excruciatingly hard for what should prolly be a kids platformer lol. Luckily, infinite continues is a thing :) its brutal. either that, or my fingers are more shit than i thought lel

also, monster boy and the cursed kingdom seems excruciatingly hard for what should prolly be a kids platformer lol. Luckily, infinite continues is a thing :) its brutal. either that, or my fingers are more s*** than i thought lel
agreed. soooo brutal. i was doing fine until i got to the volcano level...
what time you streaming? might have a look if im still at home.

dunno what time, prolly after dinner, like in a couple hours. i dont have a schedule, i stream when i feel like it lol

im still in the caves and lost my mind at a stupid puzzle my dumb hands werent able to compute lel.

dunno what time, prolly after dinner, like in a couple hours. i dont have a schedule, i stream when i feel like it lol

im still in the caves and lost my mind at a stupid puzzle my dumb hands werent able to compute lel.
its really frustrating because as soon as i figure a puzzle out that ive been working on for ages, i realise how stoopid i was in not seeing it much earlier...
what games do you speedrun? i dont really do it myself, but have a passing interest in some of the games that people are doing. the marios for example. donkey kong country, doom, GTA, fallout. its all kinda interesting, but i cant see it becoming 'mainstream' like alot of the people on youtube seem to think. its too niche. and disorganised.

i dont dare attempt to speedrun anything, my fingers dont work. just looked into the wonder boy stuff and discovered dragons trap in some categories was a nightmare.

i didnt think speedrunning was much chop either, until i saw vids/streamers getting a bunch of views/subs.

Back
Top Bottom