Soudnwaveeeeeeeeeee

yeah went to the brissie show, awesome. slayer were awesome, as were maiden. dont miss slash because he will be doing some gunners favourites, devildriver whipped it up and monster magnet were great, but awesome lineup and hope they keep it going. also zac de la rocca's new band "one day as a lion" are worth checking out and queens of the stone age put in another tight performance

---------- Post added 05-03-2011 at 08:44 AM ----------

if anyone is after the maiden set list, it will be very similar to this list, if not the same

Iron Maiden Concert Setlist at Olympiski, Moscow on February 11, 2011 | setlist.fm

cheers

dimmu had techinal difficulties andplayed 3 songs for us :( i saw zombie at festival and soundwave he is unreal and il nino were crazy also. Stone sour are worthing checking out aswell

soundwave was freakin awesome! rob zombie and devildriver were sooo good I think zombie was the greatest performance I have EVER seen (yes even better than faith no more at the previous soundwave).. one day as a lion, slayer, stone sour, primus were all great aswell! damn.. now have to wait another full year again for it lol :(

got these signed by dez fafara (devildriver/ex-coal chamber frontman) ---- was so pumped... coal chambers been my favourite band since they came out and finally got a chance to meet dez! seen devildriver heaps of times but never met him up close so was very awesome :D :D :D

IMG_0035.jpg

SDC11631.jpg

I had a brilliant day in Perth. Here is a summary (EDIT- turned into more of an essay, but here goes)...

Devildriver - the first "proper" band I saw. They played great, the sound was great but its just not my style. Also when the singer basically did the complete opposite of what Tom Araya does by saying "if someone is in your way, just push them down" was pretty ****ed. Dickhead.

All That Remains - certainly not my style, but tight and the singer was going off. He also went badly "off" when trying to sing clean.

Murderdolls - not what I expected at all. I was actually pleasantly surprised. It isnt metal per se, but it certainly wasnt bad, and their stage presence and getups definitely do their job. They look the part and they played well.

Primus - ****ing gay. Aside from the last song, it was pathetic and they are defintely too old for this stuff. Everyone that was anywhere near me was complaining as well..... where was I standing? Right in the centre at the very front of stage 1, waiting an hour for.....

SLASH!! - the most surreal moment of my entire music life. I still cant get over it. Standing, dancing, moshing(ish), singing and screaming to the guy I have idolized for 19 years, and the whole time being close enough to see the sweat beads on his brow, and how badly faded his tattoos are. What a dream come true. Myles Kennedy totally ripped too. That guy is a true performer and suits Slash perfectly. In my eyes he was just as entertaining as Slash. He's like a mix of Axl and Sebastian Bach, but cooler. Looking through the wings I could see Sevendust and Devildriver watching and at one point they looked out at the crowd and were in awe. I didnt realize how big it actually was (since I was at the front) but from what I can gather, it was massive. Nightrain, Brownstone, Paradise City, Sweet Child - all expected songs, but total classics (all Appetite songs mind you) and also Mean Bone (from Snakepit) was cool as were the other random mix of Slash/VR songs. A great set, and something I will definitely never forget for as long as I live. Anyway, after barely being able to walk, I managed to scoot back over to stage 4, hoping to catch some pit action for....

Slayer - was very disappointing when I got there and realized that the "pit" pretty much went back to stage 4A. What a ridiculous set up. Decided that since I had seen them twice in the past (yes, thats seen; not just heard from a wind-blown distance) we would go and have a chill in the drinking area and catch the end of whatever band was playing.

30 Seconds to Mars - surprisingly enough I quite enjoyed what they did, even though we just treated it as nice background music while we chilled out. Covering War Pigs was way cool and made it all worth it. I still felt like a naughty kid wagging school walking away from Slayer, but I really couldnt give a **** by that point in time.

I think I saw the first song of QOTSA before making my way back to stage 4 to watch Rob Zombie. I had a mate fly from Brisbane so he could watch Zombie with me, and my wife was hell keen, though she ended up not coming. I kind of felt obliged to watch him, and my wife has hammered him on the stereo enough for me to know at least his main songs. I wasnt overly excited. Then they started playing. MAN! They are one hell cool band. John 5 can totally shred despite looking like an emo version of Kieffer Sutherland on The Lost Boys. Joey Jordison is obviously a wicked drummer, and didnt disappoint, and Rob is the ultimate show man. Played all the classics. Thunderkiss was cool, and Supercharger Heaven was a surprise. More Human was a given, but was the song I was most looking forward to. House of 1000 Corpses went off, and naturally Dragula and Living Dead Girl were awesome and expected. I was actually more excited about the song he didnt play. That stupid ****ing Sick Bubblegum (from Hellbilly Deluxe 2), which I hate and apparently he plays every single show (apparently except Perth). He played 4 White Zombie songs, which was not expected. I was very much impressed and to me was 2nd best gig of the entire show....

Maiden - really what more needs to be said? Its Maiden, and it was as awesome as ever. Im glad I had seen them when they came last time (Burswood) because it was a different and much more personal atmosphere, but it was great to see them on a huge stage with a monsterish crowd. Glad they brought Eddie too.

From what I heard they were tipping to get 40,000 people through the door, which is about 8000 more than Big Gay Out, so glad the metal crowd showed up in force and kicked the BDO in the nuts. No drink ticket system was also a plus, and the whole thing was quite well organized aside from Slayer being on stage 4 and not 1 or 2. Only regret is missing Dimmu Borgir, but I forfeited that to see Slash up close and personal, so its not really a regret I guess. It was a sacrifice that had to be made. All in all a very awesome and memorable day! Cant wait for next year.

sounds like you had an awesome day i saw zombie and murderdolls at their sidewave and man that went offfffff as for dimmu well they had technical problems and only played 4 songs lol but they promised theyu were touring here next year shattered i missed devil driver would loved to have seen them

Yeah went Saturday in Adelaide. Had the time of my life.

Here is my summary from another board...................

Primus - Claypool's bass play & vocals drowned out the rest of the band, sending a disappointing message that it was all about him. Unless they played Wynonas Big Brown Beaver at the start (which we missed), it was not played & I was majorly peeved. John The Fisherman was done ok & My Name Is something something at least ended the show on a good note. Seriously, Les Claypool is an absolute freak.

Slash - What can I say? Right from the beginning the sound crew got the everything wrong with the speakers bleating out too much bass then into to too much treble. This continued the 30 minutes that Bunghole & myself were watching. Anyhow not knowing much off Slash's new album, it was going ok for the first few songs & we tolerated the awful sound coming from the speakers. Then the predictable happened, out came the Gunners tunes. The lead singer Miles Something put on his best Axel vocals he could, & failed so badly that Bunghole & I walked away. Slash gets a 7/10, Miles Something & the sound quality get a big a$$ donut 0/10. BOO

Ill Nino - After another couple of Jim Beams, Bunghole & I strolled over to stage 4 in preparation for Slayer. At this point I would like to thank Slash's band for stinking it up so badly, as it gave us the opportunity to see the final 20 minutes of a band i've never heard of. Ill Nino. I don't know any of their songs, or anything about their band, but these guys seriously whailed. For the first time for the afternoon, my head was banging without thought or care. Will be buying one of their CD's in the near future. Not only did these guys guys sound awesome, when they finished their set it allowed Bunghole & I to get about 20 metres on an acute angle for Slayer on the stage next to it!!

Slayer - F$%^me they almost stole the show, take a bow boys. I could not believe how good these guys still sound after all these years. I'm glad we weren't any closer, as the crowd were going off like a frog in a sock. Security couldn't stop the crowd surfers, copious amounts of peoples shoes & drinks were being thrown all over the place, & one excited young lady even decided to jump on someone's shoulders and expose her breasts. Tom Araya's vocals sound as good as they did 25 years ago. Raining Blood, Payback, Mandatory Suicide, World Painted Blood, oh and..............................

ON AND ON SOUTH OF HEAVEN!!!!!

ON AND ON SOUTH OF HEAVEN!!!!!

At this point, our heads were messed up so bad we thought we would head back to the bar in preperation for Maiden. Not even 7pm, & we are told 'sorry, we are sold out of Jim Beam'. I replied with 'your f#$%ing WHAT???'. Our Sunday hangover fate was sealed as we were stuck with lemon vodka for the rest of the night. Tasted like carbonated lemon cotteees cordial, with too much cordial. After too many drinks and lining up for the foulest pizza ever made for 20 minutes, we got our positions for Iron Maiden and got about 30 metres from stage. Had a listen to Queens Of The Stone age who were finishing up on the opposite stage. Not into them personally but none the less they sounded quite good.

IRON MAIDEN - The long wait was finally over, & Maiden was ready to own Adelaide. They opened with their new single Final Frontier. Enjoyed it so much I asked Michelle to goto TTP to pick up the CD today. They snuck in Two Minutes To Midnight & The Trooper early to get the juices flowing, & played a lot of songs off The Final Frontier, & I was kicking myself for not being prepared & grabbing the CD earlier. After the brilliant Dance Of Death, the already jizzed up crowd was rewarded with a ball crushing second hour. The Evil That Men Do almost made me lose my sh!t, then the one song I prayed would be played was, Fear Of The Dark. I actually teared up a little as I was sick of seeing all the Maiden dvd's & hearing the Maiden live cd's with crowds singing their guts out to this, I finally got the opportunity to do it myself, & I got a little emotional. The last 20 minutes, or the 'encore' was just crazy. Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and finished with Running Free. They also snuck in their self titled song from their debut album, with the famous Eddie also strutting his stuff on stage picking guitar fights with the band members. I must say I cant believe how much energy Bruce Dickinson still has after all these years, still a brilliant showman. He demanded our attention at all times, & had the crowd eating out of his hand. Thankyou Iron Maiden for rocking my world, it was a night i'll never forget.

would have been very upset if gone to sydney slayer pulled out lol
and ill nino go off i would recomend their earlier albums

did anyone want to see avenge sevenfold?

Slash - What can I say? Right from the beginning the sound crew got the everything wrong with the speakers bleating out too much bass then into to too much treble. This continued the 30 minutes that Bunghole & myself were watching. Anyhow not knowing much off Slash's new album, it was going ok for the first few songs & we tolerated the awful sound coming from the speakers. Then the predictable happened, out came the Gunners tunes. The lead singer Miles Something put on his best Axel vocals he could, & failed so badly that Bunghole & I walked away. Slash gets a 7/10, Miles Something & the sound quality get a big a$$ donut 0/10. BOO

I totally disagree although we saw different shows, but I couldnt imagine Slash being bad. Myles has one of those love or hate voices, and I totally love it. I think he is a brilliant vocalist, and actually almost as good as Axl. I seriously dont think that I have ever heard a person in the entire world that could sing those classic Gunners tracks better than Myles, aside from Axl of course. Ive been a Guns fan for almost as long as I have been a music fan. They are what lead me into the world of heavy metal - my bridging band so to speak. I have over 60 GNR CD's, most of which are bootlegs, various solo albums from all the band members, singles and of course the albums. Anyone that knows me knows I bleed GNR. I was truly in a state of ecstasy (totally drug and alcohol free mind you).

IRON MAIDEN - The long wait was finally over, & Maiden was ready to own Adelaide. They opened with their new single Final Frontier. Enjoyed it so much I asked Michelle to goto TTP to pick up the CD today. They snuck in Two Minutes To Midnight & The Trooper early to get the juices flowing, & played a lot of songs off The Final Frontier, & I was kicking myself for not being prepared & grabbing the CD earlier. After the brilliant Dance Of Death, the already jizzed up crowd was rewarded with a ball crushing second hour. The Evil That Men Do almost made me lose my sh!t, then the one song I prayed would be played was, Fear Of The Dark. I actually teared up a little as I was sick of seeing all the Maiden dvd's & hearing the Maiden live cd's with crowds singing their guts out to this, I finally got the opportunity to do it myself, & I got a little emotional. The last 20 minutes, or the 'encore' was just crazy. Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and finished with Running Free. They also snuck in their self titled song from their debut album, with the famous Eddie also strutting his stuff on stage picking guitar fights with the band members. I must say I cant believe how much energy Bruce Dickinson still has after all these years, still a brilliant showman. He demanded our attention at all times, & had the crowd eating out of his hand. Thankyou Iron Maiden for rocking my world, it was a night i'll never forget.[/I]

This I can totally agree with though. I saw Maiden when they came on their 'Somewhere Back In Time' tour and that was incredible. Fear of the Dark is my all time favourite Maiden song, and seeing it live was immense. I have one up on your though - Run To The Hills was played last time they came, and that song is probably just as good live as Fear is, as far as crowd participation goes. Maiden are the quintessential professional metal band. They certainly arent my favourite band (not even top 10) but as for live shows, there is simply no-one that does it better, and I have seen pretty much every band at least once (some 3 times) in my top 10 now (apart from the original Guns and Sepultura).

how can so many people not know bands like devildriver, primus, ill nino and more other popular bands that have been mentioned in here? these were all big attention drawers for the day... the dez fafara remark at the top about him being a dickhead (the lead singer for devildriver) is an absolute joke! he is a god... and has been one of the most talented metal vocalists for over the past decade from when he started in coal chamber.. comments like that really dissapoints me as a metal fan! if you don't know nothing about the genre you should say nothing instead of making a dick out of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom