Side PC Pics - Bender, Clark, Swift, Miles

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
So this stuff is not high end at all but it still is good in the fact you can check out some nice looking cards from a few years ago, some of the designs are great and go relatively unnoticed. The All "What If" Team members......

Seems a trend that I liked watching the lanky young dudes play haha - Garnett, Durant in that group too. These guys did ok but had so much potential it's just SMH material at what they could have done in the league if they had the drive/work ethic it required. If their goal was to get that money then they achieved the goal but it would have been great to see a few more years high quality play for sure.

Just picked up a few things from COMC which caught my eye. Not much in the Miles/Swift/Clark PC so if you have any lmk and I'll see if I need it!!!!

Mainly after:
Bender RC and #d
Miles RC, Clippers and GU/AU
Clark RC, Nuggets
Swift RC/GU

Last edited:
Jonathan Bender

6'11" 230lbs
1st Rd Pick 5 in 1999-00
Career Averages 5.5pts 2.2reb 0.6ast
Earnings approx $30m

From bleacherreport - #11 bust of last 20 years:

Bender was the MVP for the West in the 1999 McDonald's High School All-America game. Not only that, but he set the record for the most points ever scored in the annual event. He dropped 31 points, breaking the record of 30, previously held by some guy named, Michael Jordan.

He was even being hyped as possibly the next Kevin Garnett. To say the least, Bender had high hopes of thriving in the NBA. Those hopes quickly faded as Bender could never find his groove at the NBA level.

Notable players selected after Bender: Richard Hamilton, Andre Miller, Wally Szczerbiak, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, Corey Maggette, Ron Artest, Andrei Kirilenko and Manu Ginobili

Highlights

After Basketball
Established JBE (Jonathan Bender Enterprises) helping low income families housing situation and created the JBIT MedPro Rehab device.

Links:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...urned-inventor-successful-knee-203412912.html

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08/02/whatever-happened-to-jonathan-bender/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidla...eer-surging-again-through-joint-rehab-device/

IMG_5689.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

#d/100

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

Emerald

IMG_5693.JPG

#d/500

IMG_5694.JPG

#d/110

IMG_5695.JPG

#d/99

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

supposedly a 1/1

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

#d/100

IMG_5700.JPG

#d/201

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_5703.JPG

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5705.JPG

#d/100

IMG_5706.JPG

#d/99

Last edited:
Last edited:
Stromile Swift

6'10" 220lbs
Drafted 1st Rd Pick 2 in 2000-01
Career Averages 8.4pts 4.6reb 1.2blk
Earnings Approx $43m

from bleacherreport #7 bust of last 20 years

Swift was known as an athletic freak during his college days at LSU. It came as a shock for many people to see him struggle to perform to the level that he was seemingly capable of achieving. Playing in only 13 games this past season, his career seems to be dwindling down.

Notable players selected after Swift: Jamal Crawford, Hedo Turkoglu and Michael Redd

Highlights

warning explicit music

After Basketball
Arrested in 2012 for stalking. Possibly bankrupt lol

Links:

http://blogs.findlaw.com/tarnished_...stromile-swift-pleads-guilty-to-stalking.html

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

#d/200

IMG_5713.JPG

#d/200

Last edited:
Last edited:
didn't Bender make a brief comeback not so long ago? Always thought Miles and Swift could have done much more but Clark was basically an undersized shot blocker which was always gonna be tough for him to stick no matter all the athleticism in the world. Might have a couple cards for you will have a look when I'm back in town...

didn't Bender make a brief comeback not so long ago? Always thought Miles and Swift could have done much more but Clark was basically an undersized shot blocker which was always gonna be tough for him to stick no matter all the athleticism in the world. Might have a couple cards for you will have a look when I'm back in town...

yep tried with the Knicks in 09 I think.
I think Clark said he played every game either drunk or stoned, not one sober. Sure I read that somewhere. Imagine what the guy could've done if worked as hard as Ray Allen. Well that may be too high a standard but even like Jamal Crawford ethic. shaing my head.

cheers mate!

Nice. Brings up so many thoughts!

Did not realise Clark had ended up in prison. Boy, he could jump - I still remember that “he sucked the gravity right out of the building” dunk!

Always felt bad for Miles. So much hype and every time he looked like getting it together his knees(?) would go again.

Some very nice Bender cards. Was an interesting cautionary tale for drafting and certainly proved every high schooler you pick in the lottery is not going to become the next Garnett or Kobe.

And poor old Stro’ - at least it’s not like a lot of great guys were picked after him in that draft.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice. Brings up so many thoughts!

Did not realise Clark had ended up in prison. Boy, he could jump - I still remember that “he sucked the gravity right out of the building” dunk!

Always felt bad for Miles. So much hype and every time he looked like getting it together his knees(?) would go again.

Some very nice Bender cards. Was an interesting cautionary tale for drafting and certainly proved every high schooler you pick in the lottery is not going to become the next Garnett or Kobe.

And poor old Stro’ - at least it’s not like a lot of great guys were picked after him in that draft.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking man!

Couple more to add to the side PC.
Kind of like a few players from this draft even though it gets hammered as like the worst of all time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom