Show off your top 5 favourite cards in your collection

skempautos

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Always cool to see the most prized possessions in peoples collections. Found it really difficult to narrow done my top 5, but was fun to do. Feel free to post your top 5 in this thread, doesn't need to be the highest valued, just your five favourites that would be the last ones you would want to part with. In no particular order here's mine, well at this point in time anyway......

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

These are my favourites :)

Left to right....

1. Tom Hawkins Guernsey Signature - 2016 Select Certified
2. Jonathan Brown Victorian Captain Signature - 2008 Select Classic
3. John Kennedy Snr Signature - 2011 Select Heritage Album
4. Bob Davis Signature - 2011 Select Heritage Signature
5. Darrel Baldock Legend Signature - 2007 Select Supreme

Great idea for a thread @skempautos!

I have only started collecting a 1 and 1/2yrs ago plus being a Uni student makes things a bit tough, however: Top to Bottom

1-Robert Harvey Brownlow Signature: 006
2-Nick Riewoldt Draft Pick Signature
3-Josh Bruce Gurnsey Redemption: 27 (Jumper Number)
4-Austin Jones 1999 Destiny Signature Redemption
5-Justin Koschitzke Exclusive Signature Medal Redemption

IMG_3840.JPG

Don't get confused about my post, I have chosen 5 cards but I posted 7 because I didn't want to take them out of there cases lol,
I've only been collecting for about 8 months but had to take around 5 of those months deciding what I wanted to PC! So I narrowed it down to Richmond because I follow the club.
In order of my fave is:
1) Jack Graham Platinum Signature 12/40 (Got that off a mate as he pulled it from a pack lol)
2) Trent Cotchin Draft Pick Signature 311/400 (Gonna try and get a lower number but this is fine)
3) Nick Vlastuin Draft Pick Signature 30/280
4) Richmond Draft Pick Honour Roll Redemption 39/100 (Wanna try and get 011 so my case goes 010, 011, 012)
5) Trent Cotchin Prime Draft 013/145

This year my aim is to get the Cotchin Patch Sig and/or the Kevin Bartlett Hall of Fame Legend Signature

16244648_1075581049230400_1264060903_o.jpg

16326710_1075581162563722_1231590115_o.jpg

John solid start after only 8 months. Got me wondering when I picked up the five cards in my top 5 list, so did a search through my emails:

1973 Matthews rc March 2014
1996 Dyer sig Dec 2014
2004 Ricciuto Brownlow sig May 2013
2008 Ablett sig Oct 2011
2016 Wines guernsey sig Sept 2016

I must have switched from NBA to AFL around 2010/2011, man time flies, doesn't feel like I have had the Ablett sig that long. Will be interesting to update our top 5 list at the end of each year and see if or how it changes.........

Wow nice! Yeah I do have NBA cards but wanna sell them so I can grab more Richmond cards! :)

Well, it seems appropriate that my contribution to this thread is also my 2006th post!

I don't have any children, but I imagine picking your favourite child would be of a similar difficulty to picking your top 5 cards :lol:

But here we go:

image.jpeg

Top left: Chris Judd Brownlow Signature (2005 Select Dynasty) - pulled redemption from a single pack
Top right: Chris Judd Game Day Guernsey card with dual-colour patch (2003 Select XL Ultra)
Bottom left: West Coast Eagles Club Honour Roll (2015 Select Honours 2)
Bottom centre: Matt Priddis Brownlow Signature (2015 Select Honours 2)
Bottom right: Nic Naitanui Draft Pick Signature (2009 Select Pinnacle)

Great thread @skempautos - I've really enjoyed looking at the awesome cards everyone has posted :)

hi guys, not on here much but i did want to get my fav five out to those hawks supporters.
its a tough call to get it to 5 but i go for the ultra rare and signature cards that i get signed from the guys myself.
i got 1300 cards signed by the hawks and am still going, ps. if you are reading this hodgey i still have the 100 cards you signed for me in tassie and didnt sell them on ebay. lol

business out of the way, heres my five faves for today anyway.
1. 2011 select heritage collection, the $1100 set was limited to 250 signed cards by 8 players. this card is signed by hodgey and is numbered #015 his guernsey number. hodgey has only signed 3 official cards, his rookie card 02 spx(not numbered), the heritage collection(numbered to 250), and a promo ambassador card (only 50 numbered), but given the amount select kept you will not find more than one). hence this is a unique card.
2. shane crawford teamcoach 2000 printers proof card, its the wildcard and its signed by crawf. there were 3 printers proof sets made (never released to the public) and with a set of 660 teamcoach pulled out on the series as they thought it was to many cards for collectors. ultra rare 1 of 3.
3. 2009 teamcoach prize card cyril rioli, personally signed by junior. they made 44 of these cards so they are rare, and this one being signed is a 1 of 1.
4. 2015 jack gunston star wildcard. this is a rare 1 off card. the card is not embossed with the 3d effect of the player, it also has square corners, and the back of the card is blank, plain white it never made the final process, this card is also a 1 of 1, and to make it even rarer i got gunna to sign the back of the card. he had never seen anything like it and was keen to keep it. lol
5. 2011 champions signature series. card signed by hawks superstar brad sewell. even though they made 800 of these signature cards i put a twist on mine to make it ultra rare and unique. i got chisel to ign it twice and it came up a beauty.
what else can i say but looking forward to getting some feedback from the card gurus on this site.
004.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom