Show off your graded cards

This is the only card I have graded, but am keen to get more done.

IMG_6304.JPG

Hey guys, awesome having a look through all the graded cards. Interested to know what's the best method for making sure you can maintain a card to ensure it can receive a score above 90+... is it essentially straight from a packet and then stored away until grading?

Can you do me a favour mate and tell me the dimensions of the cases these graded cards are put into?
Sorry for the late reply, if you haven’t got them yet the standard dimensions are 140mm x 83mm x 5mm. I think they do thicker cards as well.

Hey guys, awesome having a look through all the graded cards. Interested to know what's the best method for making sure you can maintain a card to ensure it can receive a score above 90+... is it essentially straight from a packet and then stored away until grading?
A lot of the older cards were cut or printed off centre so hard to get high grades. New cards I store in a penny sleeve and top loader, but I cut one corner of the penny sleeve a little so I don’t catch the trailing corner of the card when I am putting it into the sleeve. I also use Ultra Pro one-touch magnetic holders for the high end cards as they offer UV protection, so sigs, colour etc wont fade.

I have a bunch of old cards to send off for grading soon, so will post some pics when they are back!!

A lot of the older cards were cut or printed off centre so hard to get high grades. New cards I store in a penny sleeve and top loader, but I cut one corner of the penny sleeve a little so I don’t catch the trailing corner of the card when I am putting it into the sleeve. I also use Ultra Pro one-touch magnetic holders for the high end cards as they offer UV protection, so sigs, colour etc wont fade.

I have a bunch of old cards to send off for grading soon, so will post some pics when they are back!!

Whats the process for getting cards graded?

Check out info on the Card Grading Australia website. Pretty easy, just fill out their submission form then send the form and cards to them.

Some of the standouts from my recent card grading submission........will try and get some more pics up soon.

Hi guys, thinking of getting some cards graded and was just after some advice. Do people normally just get base cards graded? I'm thinking of getting my higher end Crows cards graded and was wondering if posters find it worth it and does it add much value to the card if i decided to sell later down the track?

Hi guys, thinking of getting some cards graded and was just after some advice. Do people normally just get base cards graded? I'm thinking of getting my higher end Crows cards graded and was wondering if posters find it worth it and does it add much value to the card if i decided to sell later down the track?

Hey mate, depends on the card and the grade. Some of the vintage cards, even if they are fairly common, are really hard to get in high grades. For example a lot of the early scanlens I try and achieve a grade in the 90s. I think it also authenticates some of the rare vintage cards, I have had about a handful rejected over the years for different reasons, so there are people out there altering or producing fakes. Just from my experience it has increased value on some cards considerably, best example was a 1973 Leigh Matthews rookie card I paid $85 for, it was then graded 97, I had two and needed some cash so put it on ebay and sold it for $500. It’s the card in the middle of the pic below. I have a few other examples but that was one of the highest increases in value. I would happily pay a premium for iconic vintage cards with high grades.

9C87F2AD-A1B8-432F-A67C-D99759D38588.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom