Ship my cards - how does it work?

em8e5

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mik
Hey all, just needing some guidance/help on how to use ‘shipmycards’. Just bought a card from eBay and the seller is asking for postage that is way too high. The seller suggested using shipmycards. I created an account and that’s about it. Can someone please assist in how I use this service?
Thank you

When you create an account, you get an SMC shipping address that your SMC username is part of, eg:

ShipMyCards C/O 1980bust
591 E Plaza Cir, Unit 2294
Litchfield Park, Arizona 85340-7691
United States

You just get the seller to send to that, and SMC receives the item, takes pics and uploads it in your inventory.

There's 2 SMC addresses you can send to - one in AZ and one in OR. Cards under like $35 work out cheaper to send to AZ and pay the sales tax on, plus the $2 SMC fee. Cards over $35 work out cheaper to send to OR where you don't pay sales tax, but the SMC fee is $5. So basically the cost of the item dictates the best SMC address to ship to.

Once you've got stuff in your SMC inventory that you wanna ship to OZ, just add them to a shipment request, choose your shipping method, and the SMC crew will give you an actual shipping cost - this obviously varies with how much you're shipping to Oz.

It's an amazing service that I can't recommend enough. If it wasn't for SMC, I'd have spent a lot less on cards in the last couple of years. :lol:

It might not be worthwhile for just one card. You'll be paying for postage within U.S. then handling/processing fees from SMC (per individual card) and then postage from the U.S. to Aus. The benefit really comes from volume of having multiple cards shipped at once.

Anyone know roughly how long it takes after you put in a shipment request to when they give you the quote for the shipping so you can pay?

First time user here and I've built up a little bit of an order and ready to get em to post it to me now

Nah not to post. Just from the time I click 'request shipment' to when they have the quote so I can pay and then they ship

Hello!
Did you finally receive the order correctly? I just registered and I am investigating how to do it for Spain.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom