Shilling Your eBay Auctions = bye bye OzCardTrader

I would like to put an ebay name, 312311 up for discussion. I have no idea who this person is or if they are a member here. I just thought it would be in everyone's best interest to notify them.

For over a month I tried to purchase 3 cards he had for sale. No. 1. Brownlow Medal honour roll header card No. 33. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HONOURS2-CLUB-HONOUR-ROLL-HEADER-CARD-CHR1-NO-33-75-/172025960613. It sold 3 times twice to the same guy ?

No. 2. Western Bulldogs Brownlow Medal Honour Roll Card. It sold twice. Sorry I can't find the link for this one

No. 3. 2015 HONOURS2 Brownlow Signature BMS 8 GARY DEMPSEY PLAYING JUMPER no. 24 RARE.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HON...MPSEY-PLAYING-JUMPER-no-24-RARE-/181972730946.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HON...MPSEY-PLAYING-JUMPER-no-24-RARE-/172025729542.
This sold 4 times. 3 times to the same person ? Same person won 2 of the 1st and 1 of the 2nd yet still has ZERO feedback ! Still has zero feedback today !

Why is this site going to ban them ? When ebay will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when this is reported to them ? I have informed ebay that from this point forward when ever I sell on ebay I WILL BE SHILL BIDDING since they are allowing it now more than ever !

Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't ? I am sick of being ripped off.

because this site is astronomically better than e-bay and isnt in it for profit. we want good traders here, not people willing to defraud fellow hobbiests.
pretty weak reasoning on why its alright for you to shill aswell. some people rob banks, so maybe you should get in on that?
youve also just guaranteed that no-one on this site is gonna bid on anything you put up.

because this site is astronomically better than e-bay and isnt in it for profit. we want good traders here, not people willing to defraud fellow hobbiests.
pretty weak reasoning on why its alright for you to shill aswell. some people rob banks, so maybe you should get in on that?
youve also just guaranteed that no-one on this site is gonna bid on anything you put up.
I considered robbing a bank after watching Heat (1995)

So after what you have experienced, that feeling of anger and frustration, you think letting someone else face the same situation fair? ive been victim of shill bidders before, yes its incredibly irritating but best thing you can do is warn others in the community, as i think most sellers are straight up but like in anything you do people will always looks for way to try underhand methods.
You missed the point completely. I reported it & ebay DID NOTHING ! I'm not angry, I am frustrated simply because this site will ban you (so will any other HONEST site). Ebay on the other hand will applaud you as long as they make money ! As for warning others, How ? Other than this site. How ? As for my shill bidding, it was meant as sarcasm. I sent that message to ebay & I received no response, NONE. They consider the matter closed.

SARCASM, get some. As for robbing banks as a comparison, Are you mentally deficient ? Seriously shill bidding - bank robbery ? Hmm. So by your thinking a slap is murder ? As for anyone on this site bidding on something I have listed for sale, I'd be surprised. I have offered to give people on this site cards, GIVE FREE NO CHARGE. Reply to that - no thanks mate - already got one - coming in the mail - I just bought one. Get a serious grip of yourself, bank robbery !!!!

You missed the point completely. I reported it & ebay DID NOTHING ! I'm not angry, I am frustrated simply because this site will ban you (so will any other HONEST site). Ebay on the other hand will applaud you as long as they make money ! As for warning others, How ? Other than this site. How ? As for my shill bidding, it was meant as sarcasm. I sent that message to ebay & I received no response, NONE. They consider the matter closed.

Theres a difference between sarcasm and the fact you straight up Backtracking,. To be fair im sure ebay do try but considering the astromincal amount of bids and auctions im sure its hard to keep track of. Warning others? have you not seen people listing ebay users in here?!, It happens , yeah may not be fair, but after the guy has shilled you once then dont bid on his things again. in all my experiences on ebay faced it 1 or 2 times.

SARCASM, get some. As for robbing banks as a comparison, Are you mentally deficient ? Seriously shill bidding - bank robbery ? Hmm. So by your thinking a slap is murder ? As for anyone on this site bidding on something I have listed for sale, I'd be surprised. I have offered to give people on this site cards, GIVE FREE NO CHARGE. Reply to that - no thanks mate - already got one - coming in the mail - I just bought one. Get a serious grip of yourself, bank robbery !!!!

i wasnt saying one is bad as the other. it was more about doing something you think is dishonest just because other people are getting away with it. the gap in severity of the two was purposely exaggerated to make the point.
sarcasm on forums rarely works, so youll forgive us if it wasnt clear you werent serious.

Last edited:
Sarcasm ALWAYS works on these forums...ALWAYS. Furthermore, shill bidding is awesome and should be considered a vendor bid as per a real estate auctions. Harmless fun to ensure maximum profit for the seller and feebay, beats setting a reserve or starting an auction at the lowest price you would accept.
I mean really, who in their right mind allows the market to dictate the value of your item... if in your mind your $100 card is worth $180 who are the rest of us to stop you from shilling yourself to victory. Better still, after you have shilled me out...roll the dice and send me a second chance offer since I was so close to winning and some "loser" that "outbid" me didnt pay.

Disclaimer: 1. Needless to say, that was sarcasm 2. It worked..yes it did! 3. Ebay should also remove the second chance offer as it encourages potential shill bidders to try this $hit. I have never accepted a second chance offer because it makes me think I was shilled out and declined their kind gesture. Probably not always the case but I reckon a large percentage would be.

@Quiksilver i got the sarcasm however i can also see where @Brummiiee and @sgt_pepper are coming from, reading about getting shilled invokes rage of being shilled yourself in the past and whilst in that state you become devoid of humour and most definitely sarcasm. This forum in honesty is one of the better if not the best around and majority of folks on here are great. Maybe next time make the sarcasm less of a feature or really drive it home with a baddup tish or SARCASM INTENDED at the end for those who may be enraged at that moment.

Last edited:
Sarcasm ALWAYS works on these forums...ALWAYS. Furthermore, shill bidding is awesome and should be considered a vendor bid as per a real estate auctions. Harmless fun to ensure maximum profit for the seller and feebay, beats setting a reserve or starting an auction at the lowest price you would accept.
I mean really, who in their right mind allows the market to dictate the value of your item... if in your mind your $100 card is worth $180 who are the rest of us to stop you from shilling yourself to victory. Better still, after you have shilled me out...roll the dice and send me a second chance offer since I was so close to winning and some "loser" that "outbid" me didnt pay.

Disclaimer: 1. Needless to say, that was sarcasm 2. It worked..yes it did! 3. Ebay should also remove the second chance offer as it encourages potential shill bidders to try this $hit. I have never accepted a second chance offer because it makes me think I was shilled out and declined their kind gesture. Probably not always the case but I reckon a large percentage would be.

@Quiksilver i got the sarcasm however i can also see where @Brummiiee and @sgt_pepper are coming from, reading about getting shilled invokes rage of being shilled yourself in the past and whilst in that state you become devoid of humour and most definitely sarcasm. This forum in honesty is one of the better if not the best around and majority of folks on here are great. Maybe next time make the sarcasm less of a feature or really drive it home with a baddup tish or SARCASM INTENDED at the end for those who may be enraged at that moment.

rage had nought to do with it. he just didnt word it well enough to be clear it was sarcasm...
or was that even more sarcasm? im lost.
ive thought for a while they should make a standard to imply tone. like maybe different colors or fonts.

Last edited:

Thank you. Let's not get started on vendor bid I mean bids. I didn't & don't feel rage at the seller, I feel frustrated. As you said, If someone thinks there card is worth $180 then list it at $180 not .99c and then shill bid it up. Let me know what you want & if it's worth it I will have no problem paying it. As for second chance offers your right, I think it would be somewhere around the 90%.

As for what I said it was purely sarcasm when it came to me shill bidding. Most of the items I list now aren't mine anyway, that is why MY starting price changed. I always started MY auctions at .99c. If it's a signature card & it sells $1.50 so be it. It also means I lose money as my postage cost aren't covered. I charge $4.50 for registered post in a padded envelope, Should be charging $6.80. I'm not in this to make money, I'm in this to continue my COLLECTION & help others with there's if I can. I honestly believe that collecting is becoming a lost art, it's all about the money.

Now that I think this is sorted who else is shill bidding ? That is what this thread was all about isn't it !

Yup! The bidding history speaks for itself
Screenshot_2016-02-17-18-28-50.png

I know it is too obvious ... to most ... except ebay !!

You reported & ebay did nothing ? It is without a doubt shill bidding.

If it wasn't shill bidding the item would not have gone back up for sale with exactly the same cards and the bidder history is all private (thank ebay for that one).

When you reported it what did ebay do ? They investigated & found nothing ? Everything above board ?

Even with the "private" you can see he is at it again as he also shilling his gws jacket where the listing isn't private
So when i click on there for the bid history....
Screenshot_2016-02-18-17-28-22.png

2nd on the shill list are the NRL cards you will note he has the cards under merchandise then > trading cards the bid 4hrs ago is also when the bid went on the cards.

Screenshot_2016-02-18-17-33-57.png

What a POS

Back
Top Bottom