Selling/Posting Cards over $1000+ (Advice Please)

leia

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Kevin
Hi All,

Just a general question looking on advice on the following:

- if selling a card/cards over the value of $1000 or more what should be the standard for the delivery of these items to the buyer if the item gets sold here?

* Use a courier but buyer pays?
* Use Australia Post and add extra insurance and signature?
* Put the individual cards in One-Touches or leave them in a penny sleeve with a top loader?

Just trying to get a feel of what the expectations are if a high end card gets sold as potentially i have a few that might be listed soon here.

I'm normally in the NRL section and i just buy boxes and cards. Have sold a few cards but low end stuff so the usual bubble mailer in top load is sufficient.

Been collecting for over 25 years (NBA/Pokemon/MTG/Star Wars/NRL etc) and the last few months managed to sort thru my collection to see what i can move on.

Any advice would be grateful.

Thanks all.

This is what I will do.

$1k, put it into one touch, cut a penny sleeve into half and place one half on top of card before placing one touch cover, stops the card from moving.

Assume this is domestic. If same state, meet up to do transaction.

Postage - discuss with seller.

If interstate and using Australia post, go for Platinum express post, insurance up to you. Platinum express post is pretty much express with signature and the last few express post from interstate has been one day delivery.

Courier - never used them so will see what other members say.

If overseas, use Fedex or DHL international for now.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom