Seller's Remorse.

One of my favourite NFL sets is 2013 Totally Certified. Not a strong rookie class but a great release nonetheless, and hasn't been seen since. Anyway, I busted roughly 15 boxes over a period and kept all but two cards. The two best hits I ever pulled.
Thanksgiving Day Totally Green Signatures #/5.
Bart Starr & Michael Vick.
Sold on Ebay for a combined total of US$103.
The Bart Starr would be worth a fortune now, but I wish I still had those cards in my collection.

2009-10 Playoff Contenders Blake Griffin RC - sold/traded it for $50 - it was a double so ..... then 2009-10 Panini Season Update Rookie Dual Signatures ... Blake Griffin/Stephen Curry .... think i traded it for about $100.

I have 2:
Sold a Steph curry Exquisite RC bgs 9.5 for $1100 after his first mvp. Luckily i have another. Ouch though.
Also sold a Westbrook Topps Chrome gold refractor BGS10 for $1000, before his MVP. Double ouch.
Waaahhhhhhh

Traded this durant rookie for this wiggins rookie in 2015, Durant then goes to my team golden state and wins championships, card is now around 2k, Sold the wiggins last month for about $120 I think.

177A7FED-13F0-4954-BA08-BB64BE7B9A74.jpeg

E5BD4165-E0C6-4BCC-A8EA-A6722994AEB3.jpeg

sold a heap of commons, tens of thousands of them in one go, years ago.
have never been able to find my 600ct box of 1992 bowman baseball ever since.

Thanks for the replies. As I'm only 2 years into the hobby I can't really say I regret too many at this point( yet) but I'm sure they're in the mail so to speak.

I do have 1 story. I got lucky with a Pete Alonso( baseball) rookie auto /150 in Topps series 2( the only box I busted). I sold it for $200 which was below market value at the time. He had just won the Home Run Derby and was sitting on about 30 homers. He's now leading all comers with 50 homers in his rookie year, and there's 9 or so games to go. Card would have to be closer to $1000 than $500 atm ( buyer also said card was "perfect") and might be worth much more in years to come. Seemed like a good idea( selling) at the time.

I'm trying to find a photo of the card to upload.
IMG_E7547.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom