Select Upcoming Series Info

Pic of the commons

40FE1BEF-76D7-4BB1-97E0-0DCF3A10887F.jpeg

Good stuff, looks like Select are going back to the 2016 version of sneak peek releases as opposed to last year. Nice looking card too.

Yea probably didn’t need to bother with the commons, but I haven’t liked a common card since 1994 need to get to the good stuff

Yeah I agree. 94 are the best commons ever. I never care for the commons and to be honest couldn’t care less what they look like. I collect the set that goes to into the album and that’s the last time I look at them lol.

Yeah I agree. 94 are the best commons ever. I never care for the commons and to be honest couldn’t care less what they look like. I collect the set that goes to into the album and that’s the last time I look at them lol.
My commons get put back in the box, usually give them away to kids or children’s ward at hospital, couldn’t be bothered sorting them

Still think Select could do a third release, catering to high end only.

I used to like busting boxes but what’s the point? End up with a bunch of commons to give away and $1 inserts...

I’d be way more likely to spend money on something like that. For the first time in 10 years I haven’t put my name down for boxes. Just going to buy what I need this time. It’s not as fun I know but neither is spending hundreds of dollars for cards I don’t want and struggle to sell. Last 2 years I’ve hit case hits and still couldn’t sell to get the box money back.

I’d be way more likely to spend money on something like that. For the first time in 10 years I haven’t put my name down for boxes. Just going to buy what I need this time. It’s not as fun I know but neither is spending hundreds of dollars for cards I don’t want and struggle to sell. Last 2 years I’ve hit case hits and still couldn’t sell to get the box money back.
it's also that the card collecting landscape has changed. it was once really a hobby for kids to keep them interested in the sport - it's now a legitimate memorabilia collecting hobby and coincidentally those who collected in the late 80s and early 90s are now the ones with the disposable income.

it's also that the card collecting landscape has changed. it was once really a hobby for kids to keep them interested in the sport - it's now a legitimate memorabilia collecting hobby and coincidentally those who collected in the late 80s and early 90s are now the ones with the disposable income.

Bang on point! We got into the hobby when we didn’t have any money and cards were everywhere, and now we have money there is a lack of desired cards haha

Interesting point re commons 1994 easily the best common set and quite desirable. The closest to that was Tradition in 2006 but still nowhere near as good. Is it time to have series 1 with an extended common set say 300 to 350 cards and series two less cards per pack and all cards numbered?

cool i hope they are lower numbered because 800 of each card is hardly a chase card. i assume they will have the common hof and the limited edition one as per last series.
if there is anyone who has the time to post a list of the hall of fame inductees and legends etc since last release that would be great, if not i will wait for a checklist.

Hopefully i haven't missed any as it was a rushed list, probably missed one or two. Guessing the 2018 inductees wont be included.

G Archer
G Cornes
S Crawford
R Harvey
B Cable (Legend)

R Davies
M Lloyd
H Mann
B Peake
S West
R Hart (Legend)

B Johnson
A McLeod
M Richardson
W Tredrea
A Koutoufides

J Akermanis
P Bell
M O'Loughlin
N Roberts
A Robertson
T Lockett (Legend)

P Bagshaw
N Lappin
M Rioli
R Sorrell

B Allen
J Halbert
A Stevens
R Todd
B Hall
S Goodwin
M Blight (Legend)

Last edited:
The higher end set, a 3rd release would be a good idea, no doubt about it. Has
Hopefully i haven't missed any as it was a rushed list, probably missed one or two. Guessing the 2018 inductees wont be included.

G Archer
G Cornes
S Crawford
B Cable (Legend)

R Davies
M Lloyd
H Mann
B Peake
S West
R Hart (Legend)

B Johnson
A McLeod
M Richardson
W Tredrea
A Koutoufides

J Akermanis
P Bell
M O'Loughlin
N Roberts
A Robertson
T Lockett (Legend)

P Bagshaw
N Lappin
M Rioli
R Sorrell

B Allen
J Halbert
A Stevens
R Todd
B Hall
S Goodwin
M Blight (Legend)
mmmm I would say you have just listed the HOF Ledgend Signature for this set?

Back
Top Bottom