Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

It will certainly put pressure on the remaining physical card shops to keep their doors open if distribution is taken away.
They would just move on to other things, I know with sunshine collectables for example AFL cards are only a small portion of what they do, or they could start doing breaks themselves as well

10 cards per pack, 4 commons, 2 signatures, and 4 other 'big hits', norm smith cards numbered to 65 is one of those 4 'big hits', looking like an ordinary box atm. if the 2 signatures are numbered to 90 like the greats of the game then this series wont take off.

Mate the sigs won't be numbered the same as the commons. Clearly these are the lowest two cards so maybe give it a chance before you write it off.

There will be redemptions patches etc

I jumped in one, love the fact I could grab my own team and not end up with cards i don't even want.

Yeh the cherry breaks are good. But as a Freo supporter, really risky jumping in on a break (where teams are priced the same as each other) when I don’t know how many cards will be available from that set.

Already with the first “hit” (the norm Smith set) there won’t be any Freo cards. Might be a cheap series 3 for me lol

Don’t mind the themes though, needed to be done

Yeh the cherry breaks are good. But as a Freo supporter, really risky jumping in on a break (where teams are priced the same as each other) when I don’t know how many cards will be available from that set.

Already with the first “hit” (the norm Smith set) there won’t be any Freo cards. Might be a cheap series 3 for me lol

Don’t mind the themes though, needed to be done
Yep good point - in this case cherry already have all the teams at different prices, so for example Gold Coast is $30. Clearly basing that off popularity, but yes checklist should also be considered. For the more popular teams, even $60-$80 a spot is still good value when sounds like some of these cards are going to be fetching crazy prices

Funny thing about the Cherry breaks is they all have Gold Coast and GWS still left in every break but one 😂

I think they will have to be reduced in order to sell

Yeah but tbh 30 Is still pretty over priced considering we don't know how many of them will even be availiable. Who knows they may only have a few cards availiable. 500 / 18 Is $27 a team so with no guarantee they are already above price.

(I know cherry needs to make money just think they over priced gws and gc considering the likelihood of hits availiable from those two teams. The norm Smith clearly won't have any so that's one set with no cards already)

Yep good point - in this case cherry already have all the teams at different prices, so for example Gold Coast is $30. Clearly basing that off popularity, but yes checklist should also be considered. For the more popular teams, even $60-$80 a spot is still good value when sounds like some of these cards are going to be fetching crazy prices

Ah ok, I didn’t see the case break one, was just going off the single box breaks where every team was $30.

Given this set is said by many to heavily feature premiership players/coaches, there are numerous teams with little to no involvement in that area

Ah ok, I didn’t see the case break one, was just going off the single box breaks where every team was $30.

Given this set is said by many to heavily feature premiership players/coaches, there are numerous teams with little to no involvement in that area

That’s not right - the cheapest teams were $30 (single box break) but popular teams like Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Geelong were all $60+ each.

Like anything it’s a gamble, buy the Pies for $70 and you may get nothing at all or you maybe get the best card on the checklist which you’d never be able to afford otherwise.

That’s not right - the cheapest teams were $30 (single box break) but popular teams like Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Geelong were all $60+ each.

Like anything it’s a gamble, buy the Pies for $70 and you may get nothing at all or you maybe get the best card on the checklist which you’d never be able to afford otherwise.
It's certainly a gamble. Rough odds below assuming all teams get the same amount of cards (which they don't). Will get a better idea when the checklist is out.

8 in 18 chance you'll get nothing
4 in 18 chance you'll get a common which is worth less than the break price
6 in 18 (1 in 3) chance you'll hit a card worth more than the break price

Not great odds really, but the best chance for some to land a big hit.

Back
Top Bottom