Select Hilites

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
Select yesterday posted on Facebook that every round this season they will be releasing a Select "Hilites" card "highlighting a major play of the round". They will be available through Select's website and individually numbered to however many are ordered.

Here's a link to where you can buy the first one, of Dustin Martin: https://www.selectaustralia.com.au/hilite-card-round-1-dustin-martin

What do you guys think about this interesting new series?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Select Hilites

Round 1: Dustin Martin (Richmond) /329
Round 2: Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) /323
Round 3: Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) /302
Round 4: Eddie Betts (Adelaide) /387
Round 5: Joel Selwood (Geelong) /384
Round 6: Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) /416
Round 7: Jarrad Waite (North Melbourne) /326
Round 8: David Mundy (Fremantle) /288
Round 9: Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) /388
Round 10: Jake Stringer (Western Bulldogs) /349
Round 11: Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide) /316
Round 12: Matthew Kreuzer (Carlton) /287
Round 13: Bryce Gibbs (Carlton) /299
Round 14: Gary Rohan (Sydney) /272
Round 15: Dayne Zorko (Brisbane) /261
Round 16: Seb Ross (St Kilda) /266
Round 17: Joe Daniher (Essendon) /398
Round 18: Rory Sloane (Adelaide) /310
Round 19: Mitch McGovern (Adelaide) /295
Round 20: Josh Kelly (GWS) /266
Round 21: Josh Kennedy (West Coast) /284
Round 22: Jesse Hogan (Melbourne) /283
Round 23: Lance Franklin (Sydney) /293
Round 23: Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn) /339
Finals Week 1: Matt Crouch (Adelaide) /TBC
Finals Week 1: Dustin Martin (Richmond) /TBC
Finals Week 1: Luke Shuey (West Coast) /TBC
Finals Week 1: Josh Kennedy (Sydney) /TBC
Semi-Finals: Stephen Coniglio (GWS) /TBC
Semi-Finals: Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) /TBC

Retiree: Robert Murphy (Western Bulldogs) /266
Retiree: Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs) /258
Retiree: Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda) /246
Retiree: Leigh Montagna (St Kilda) /221
Retiree: Luke Hodge (Hawthorn) /TBC
Retiree: Josh Gibson (Hawthorn) /TBC

Last edited:
I think it's a good idea......although Topps and Panini have been doing this for a long time with hundreds of different cards released some 1/1 cards others limited to purchased print runs.

If it's one a week and it's limited, I think it will work.....however if they have multiple per week and different versions they it may be too much.

Interesting to see how it goes.

Cheers
Matt

I love it! Absolutely brilliant idea in my opinion. Select have upped their game in the 2016-17 period I think. It's something for all footy card collectors to look out for each week, due to its random nature - very clever marketing!

Very clever marketing. Don't mind the idea at all and even brought one and will continue to buy them all each week. Only issue I have is their choice of spelling for 'Hilites' bugs me and the card could have had some gold foil or something to make it a little more appealing.

Very clever marketing. Don't mind the idea at all and even brought one and will continue to buy them all each week. Only issue I have is their choice of spelling for 'Hilites' bugs me and the card could have had some gold foil or something to make it a little more appealing.

We must share the same brain, I thought the exact same thing, especially regarding the spelling of "Hilites" lol!

Without any type of foil it might look pretty plain in hand, kind of like the 2016 Future Force 20 In 20 cards.

Saying that, I might chase a set too - I think orders close tomorrow morning for this weeks edition.

It's come out-of-the-blue a bit, but I'm all for something new and different. I reckon quite a few will go for the full set, personally I'll probably just get any Eagles ones.

Definitely another step in the right direction from Select!

Select must have had the young work experience kid design these cards and his autocorrect was broken!

Dam, just saw this and now too late too order...anyone likely to have a spare they'd sell/trade?

Dam, just saw this and now too late too order...anyone likely to have a spare they'd sell/trade?

I reckon you'll find quite a few people will buy more than one with the intention of selling to make a profit. You will have to pay overs but should be able to get one when people start to receive them.

OK cool, dont mind paying overs, will try and grab one under 10 if I can.

Bulldogs unfurling the Premiership Flag and beating the Swans in a Grand Final replay?

Back
Top Bottom