Season 2020 postponed

thoughts are also with the very small amount of LCS (local card store) that we have in Australia. The pressure on them in the coming future is going to be huge with a massive slice of collectors taking a big step back with there discretionary spend..
the whole hobby is entering very uncharted waters.

I think the bigger question we should be asking is will Select still be in business after this ....Surely they won`t be classed as an essential service so eventually they would have to close like everyone else ...
Select don`t only do Trading cards so if other businesses are closed they also don`t have any work for there employers .....

100000`s of thousands of people are losing there jobs now so who will be able to afford to buy trading cards at all ?????

Wouldnt they be working from home if not allowed to operate from shopfront? doing card designs, orders etc

manufacturing then to commence when people go back to work?

And i may be naive but i thought manufacturing was still fine until it became a full lockout? all shops are still open at shopping centres up here in queensland (is that different down there)

ATM I have decided to go with the flow as if they'll be no series 2 for 2020 like it was in the NRL in 2010 - IMO series 1 is a good enough release for what it was and looks that will satisfy me to compensate for lack of series 2 if absolutely necessary

ATM I have decided to go with the flow as if they'll be no series 2 for 2020 like it was in the NRL in 2010 - IMO series 1 is a good enough release for what it was and looks that will satisfy me to compensate for lack of series 2 if absolutely necessary
cant say I agree... a series with no signatures will never come close to series-2
I guess we are all in a wait and see situation. Damm depressing when thinking about it!!!

I think Select would have been far enough along in the design process that Series 2 will go ahead, but sales will definitely be a lot slower than normal.

Maybe the print run could be decreased?

Didn't think of that...yeah, good point scotty.. maybe a reduced print run would be a smart way to go? The last thing select or the hobby needs is series 2 sitting unsold for a long period of time on store shelves.

Back
Top Bottom