Razz Raffles?

MarcusSR20

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
MarcusSR20
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere before.
I went to a card show on the weekend and heard the guys talking about some Razzs which they participated in.

Have there ever been any Razzs on this forum? Or are they not allowed?

Cheers,
Marcus

Yeah, I hear that some are on Facebook but I'm not on there.
Out if curiosity, do you know why historically the forum doesn't allow it?

Yeah, I hear that some are on Facebook but I'm not on there.
Out if curiosity, do you know why historically the forum doesn't allow it?

I am just assuming here but guess it would be one or a combination of two things:

1) If the forum is deemed to be "hosting" the raffle then they would potentially be liable if anything went pear-shaped/there was complaints about the how it was drawn/run. Technically any raffle should be drawn in the presence of a JP/police officer/or the like to ensure it is run fairly. I am sure all these online efforts are not done that way.

2) I am not sure about in Australia but here in NZ there are quite strict legal/licensing requirements once the prize value of a raffle passes a certain dollar figure ($5k NZD retail value off the top of my head). I know we ended up turning down prizes for a cricket association raffle because we were going to breach the figure and it was going to become a logistical headache.

Thanks for the reply Dodgydave!
I figured the forum could just say enter at your own risk and hold no liability?
Anyhoo, I'm only asking as I'm sick of sending money overseas for breaks. Much prefer to keep it in Aus!

Back
Top Bottom