Rate the last movie you watched

The Bronze 6.5/10, I knew nothing of this movie heading in, It is a pretty low budget movie (not in a bad way just sayin) but had some scenes which just cracked me up! Definitely not one for the kids unless they are very good with the earmuff rule!

Suicide Squad (7/10) - Simplistic movie. Nothing major that stands out about it, but still an enjoyable movie with plenty of laughs. Margot Robbie and Will Smith carry the cast in majority of the movie, which isn't a con as they were both brilliant in the movie =D>

BIGGEST CON: Joker was in the movie for about 15 minutes. Definitely wish there was more of him as a big fan of the Joker and Jared Leto, but still enjoyed the scenes he was involved in :cool:

PS. Stay till the very end of the movie, there is a scene after the initial credits :whistle:

Joker-Empire-Suicide-Squad-Cover-Feature.jpg

Suicide Squad (7/10) - Simplistic movie. Nothing major that stands out about it, but still an enjoyable movie with plenty of laughs. Margot Robbie and Will Smith carry the cast in majority of the movie, which isn't a con as they were both brilliant in the movie =D>

BIGGEST CON: Joker was in the movie for about 15 minutes. Definitely wish there was more of him as a big fan of the Joker and Jared Leto, but still enjoyed the scenes he was involved in :cool:

PS. Stay till the very end of the movie, there is a scene after the initial credits :whistle:

Joker-Empire-Suicide-Squad-Cover-Feature.jpg

This description is pretty perfect, I agree with everything!

Been on a Jake Gyllenhaal binge lately

Zodiac - (7.5/10) - Great movie to watch with a solid cast. Similar to Se7en in some instances, but the downfall for me was that it fell a bit dragged on like (Gone Girl, which David Fincher also directed) and the ending was sort of meh (little confused and puzzled) :cautious:

Prisoners - (8/10) - Another very enjoyable movie to watch. Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman were both great in this movie. Something you won't be too disappointed in even though it may be lengthy for some people :cool:

Nightcrawler - (8/10) - This is honestly a MUST-WATCH movie on many levels. A very nicely produced movie that takes you a completely different world, which I highly doubt has been explored in before. Finally the major selling point is Jake Gyllenhaal's acting...WOW just WOW! It has to be one of the best acting performances by an individual i've seen....Completely forgot it was him acting and rather, saw him as his character, Louis Bloom. A madly driven individual that gives you a creepy and psychotic feeling while watching on, which will freak you out. Even though he got a golden globe nomination, completely baffled how he didn't win or even get nominated for the Oscar :crazy:

Zodiac - (7.5/10) - Great movie to watch with a solid cast. Similar to Se7en in some instances, but the downfall for me was that it fell a bit dragged on like (Gone Girl, which David Fincher also directed) and the ending was sort of meh (little confused and puzzled) :cautious:

Prisoners - (8/10) - Another very enjoyable movie to watch. Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman were both great in this movie. Something you won't be too disappointed in even though it may be lengthy for some people :cool:

Nightcrawler - (8/10) - This is honestly a MUST-WATCH movie on many levels. A very nicely produced movie that takes you a completely different world, which I highly doubt has been explored in before. Finally the major selling point is Jake Gyllenhaal's acting...WOW just WOW! It has to be one of the best acting performances by an individual i've seen....Completely forgot it was him acting and rather, saw him as his character, Louis Bloom. A madly driven individual that gives you a creepy and psychotic feeling while watching on, which will freak you out. Even though he got a golden globe nomination, completely baffled how he didn't win or even get nominated for the Oscar :crazy:

Have heard many good reviews on Nightcrawler, will have to check it out.

its a true story tho, so it wouldve been stoopid if they caught him...youre supposed to be left confused.
agreed that nightcrawler was amazing. hes in a similar type movie called 'enemy' which is pretty good aswell.
ive always liked gyllenhaal. hes also good in 'source code'. and donnie darko obviously.

its a true story tho, so it wouldve been stoopid if they caught him...youre supposed to be left confused.

I'm not knocking it for being a true story and him not being caught like in real life....What I meant is they had so many possible suspects... They went into full detail about the main suspect and when there was evidence of other individuals doing it they seem to dismiss it so quickly....All the evidence and flow of the movie moved very quickly especially coming towards the end. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, still definetly enjoyed it...I'm probably of this view cause the whole story is very new to me and i've only heard about what was shown in the movie..Sorry for the confusion :)

Definetly have to add enemy to my list, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Independence day resurgence 6.5/10
So you cant take Will Smith out of a sequel and expect it to be any where near as good... but the movie could of been way worse! I did like that they still tied him to the movie and brought back most of the other stars from the first film. It is almost exact same story line just a couple of different faces I did believe Liam Hemsworth did a good job and definitely added to the movie.

the Huntsman winters war 8/10.
Great cast as I am a huge fan of Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron and that Chris Hemsworth bloke is pretty good to! really enjoyed from start to finish.

Independence day resurgence 6.5/10
So you cant take Will Smith out of a sequel and expect it to be any where near as good... but the movie could of been way worse! I did like that they still tied him to the movie and brought back most of the other stars from the first film. It is almost exact same story line just a couple of different faces I did believe Liam Hemsworth did a good job and definitely added to the movie.

the Huntsman winters war 8/10.
Great cast as I am a huge fan of Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron and that Chris Hemsworth bloke is pretty good to! really enjoyed from start to finish.
Emily and Charlize?! Think you just sold me on it :kick:

independence day - 5/10. typical CGI bore-fest. much like 'jurassic world', it gave me a new appreciation for the original.
central intelligence - 6/10. not bad. pretty funny, but nothing special. gotta be willing to put up with kevin hart aswell...
now you see me 2 - 5/10. the first one was alright, just a fun little movie. this one is terrible. plus they missed a beat by not calling it 'now you dont'.
popstar (never stop never stopping) - 7/10. funny if youre into 'lonely island'. a little stoopid, but worth a watch.
pele: birth of a legend - 6/10. pretty cheesy and heavily favoring pele (obviously), but not bad.
the trust - 7/10. pretty good, even with a nic cage breakdown.
the brothers grimsby - 6/10. for some reason ive never found cohen's movies funny. loved the ali G show, but his films always fall flat for me. altho this one does have quite a few laughs, and deserves a mention for the elephant scene alone.
alice through the looking glass - 4/10. im done with johnny depp projects. ridiculous remoulding of a classic.
OJ: made in america (ESPN 30for30) - 9/10. 5 part series that lives up to previous 30 for 30's. very interesting interviews with key players from the trial and OJ's personal life. be warned, they show nicole brown's crime scene photo's and theyre disgusting.
pain & gain - 8/10. true story, not over done in michael bay's usual style. good performances and very funny/tragic.

Ok going to give this a crack again, got to remember what i watched lol

The good guys 4/10, i watched it as i'm a huge Russell crowe fan, lets just say i was very very disappointed, found it not funny, boring and a very average story, struggled to watch the whole movie.

the shallows - 6/10. blake lively is actually pretty good, but the story/realism still lacks. the final shark scene is ridiculous.
31 - 6/10. new rob zombie horror. probably his worst, but not too bad. if you like 'devils rejects' & 'house of 1000 corpses', itll be enjoyable enough.
ARQ - 6/10. was keen for a new time-loop/travel movie. unfortunately, this one was average.
looper - 8/10. ARQ was disappointing, so re-watched a good one.
edge of tomorrow - 8/10. sticking with the theme, i'll throw this one in aswell. solid time paradox film. tom cruise is alright and emily blunt is always good.
sully - 6/10. all about sully. the dude who landed the plane on the hudson. kinda boring.
imperium - 6/10. interesting subject, but couldve been so much better. harry potter does alright tho.
ghostbusters - 6/10. nothing special here...but not as bad as some of the reboots that have been done lately. the girls do alright, and they really nailed an 80s feel to the whole thing.
the purge (election year) - 6/10. pretty much what youd expect. if youve seen the others, youll know what youre getting.
triangle - 8/10. brilliant. get ready to have your mind twisted. another time loop flick. starring mellisa george of all people. but really good.

looper - 8/10. ARQ was disappointing, so re-watched a good one.
sully - 6/10. all about sully. the dude who landed the plane on the hudson. kinda boring.

Completely agree about Looper. Thought it was a great movie and a great concept :kick:

How was Tom Hank's performance though in sully?

Back
Top Bottom