QLD - 4th May 2014 - Brisbane Table Tennis Centre

Are you going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How cool was it to see Andrew Walker at the card show today and taking a bit of time not only to talk to the collectors but also spent a fair bit of time just taking to dealers as we'll.
I think his limited edition card will become popular as he is a down to earth guy,that I am sure most people who spent time with him today will go he is a cool dud.

No, only that young guns will be replacing the future stars. The impression I got was that it will be a way better set than Elite 13 and if the comparison between traders 13 & traders 14 is anything to go by then it will be massive

exciting. 2013 young guns had a great roster of players with limited first grade at the time of release but are already now proven stars - rts, tuafua, george burgess etc. Whereas future stars have the best of the under 20s who will still need need time to establish themselves barring the likes of milford. now the waiting games begin

Great to meet and chat to some OCT regulars yesterday! For me the ability to get there and meet and chat with other collectors is one of the big reasons to go.

I'll echo Corey's comment regarding Andrew Walker - he was a really top guy and doing some great stuff with local under privileged Aboriginal and Islander kids in the Ipswich area.

Unfortunately is having a hard time getting support from the NRL. :thumbsdown:

Hope to see everyone again in November. Hopefully some local sellers take up a table or two at the show.

I gotta say, was a little disappointed in the show. Thought there would be a lot more sellers than there were. It is my first show since the days of shows at Mt Gravatt though. I picked up a couple of things but not too much. Met Owen, really nice to put a name to the face, nice guy also. Also met Terry from ESP. Also a nice guy. Scored heaps of packs of the 2013 nrl powerplay cards as I was still chasing a couple of inserts. Out of all the packets, managed to get just one card that I needed out of 5. My 4 year old beat a 6 year old at the nrl powerplay card game and scored a box of 2013 nrl powerplay cards. First time she had ever played mind you and now she wants to play it all the time. Good work ESP on the giveaways. Hopefully in November there will be more sellers especially with non-sport stuff and more of our local dealers there.

Why would they need to punch a hole in it? Aren't they serial numbered?

The most disappointing part about this show, was the lack of sellers. The centre was only half full. Not sure why that was, but hopefully the next one will be twice as big. More sellers would be really good for the November one. I may go again and see if the November one is better than this one, but if not, definately won't be going again. I'm a card collector mostly, but do collect other things as well. As a collector, like to see variety.

Sorry it's late but I have to say that was one of the best shows I have done in 12 years of doing this.

Thank you to everyone who came out for the day.

I picked up over 50 cards in trades/sales.

Thank you to ScottE for the massive trade. It only took 10 years to get 'that card' off you but we did it.

Was a pleasure meeting Slimzy69, dAvaro, & RedskinsFan. Thanks for the deal guys and I haven't checked out the box breaks yet but I hope you had some MOJO.

Thank you to Sir Chuck & Ruth for the trades and laughs :lol:

Thank you to ESP for giving away so much free stuff and running the Powerplay tournament.

Thanks to anyone else I missed, and there are lots of you.

To the guy with the 3 kids who walked away please PM me as you could see I was by myself and flat out.
I do apologise for that.

Tina I'm sure November will be bigger and better. It just takes time and effort in relocating, which was done from the Brissy showgrounds.

Hope we can all do it again in November :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom