PS3 Play TV

It appears my signal issues were a problem with my aerial connection, not the Play TV :whistle:

So far, ive had no problems with it. Easy to install, easy to use. Recording and re-watching shows is a breeze. EPG is easy to navigate, and is a 7 day program guide, which is great.

Id say the only concern would be transporting shows from the PS3 to an external HDD or USB, however from what ive read, its pretty easy to do. Has something to do with our regulations :confused:

IMHO, its a great device to save a few hundred bucks on a DVD recorder with inbuilt HDD. Makes the PS3 the ultimate accessory, a games console, Blu ray player and TV recorder all in one!

I would also like to hear from anyone else who has one. Positives, negatives etc :D

thanks for that 911 turbo. i really want to here other peoples thought on their play tv's. also i have seen that dick smith have a good deal. u get the 500gb slim ps3, play tv and a blu-ray remote for $588. and the original deal was the same but without the remote...and it was $600. so dick smith has a great deal. does any other stores have packs like this?

thanks for that 911 turbo. i really want to here other peoples thought on their play tv's. also i have seen that dick smith have a good deal. u get the 500gb slim ps3, play tv and a blu-ray remote for $588. and the original deal was the same but without the remote...and it was $600. so dick smith has a great deal. does any other stores have packs like this?

That is a great price i would go buy it if i where u.

Thanks also Turbo i think i will spend the $$$ will be great for footy season

---------- Post added 04-12-2009 at 07:49 AM ----------

One more question either Turbo or any one who can help. Can you only conect it to free air tv or is there a way you can hook it to your pay tv and record that?

That is a great price i would go buy it if i where u.

Thanks also Turbo i think i will spend the $$$ will be great for footy season

---------- Post added 04-12-2009 at 07:49 AM ----------

One more question either Turbo or any one who can help. Can you only conect it to free air tv or is there a way you can hook it to your pay tv and record that?

As far as im aware mate, you cannot connect it up to Foxtel or any other Pay TV services. I personally havent tried it as i dont have Foxtel, but that is my understanding.

I also got one of these for christmas they are great and save on tapes that get full of dust and stop working.

I have one problem sport esp one hd is very jittery and freezes have u other guys encountered this at all? My Tv is a lcd 1068 x 720 samsung i was thinking maybe the hdmi cable could be causing it as the normal ariel to the tv i never have problems. Hoping to get it sorted before footy comes back on as thats one of the main reasons i wanted it. Any help would be much appreciated.

got one yesterday as well, works a treat.

Watching the cricket on HD though and the sound is a little out of sync, switch back to 9 digital and it seems okay...is that just what happens with Nine HD sometimes?

I noticed that the sound seems fine on mine but the picture freezes every now and then the cricket is not to bad but the basketball on one hd was shocking. Is your tv a full hd and have u had this problem crows 2010?

I mucked around with the ps3 settings and saw it was set on 1080 but it hasnt made any dif its still doing it its like as though the tv cant keep up with the signal if yours is full hd that may be why? surely there has to be a way around it though if any one else can help or has had this prob

I got one for xmas as well :) perfect, i should have bought one earlier :lol:
Brplat

I got one for xmas as well :) perfect, i should have bought one earlier :lol:
Brplat

Is ur tv full hd? Im starting to run out of ideas why its jumping on sport programs i even tried google no one else seems to have a prob with it jumping/freezing unless its cause im to cheap to have a full hd tv

mine works ok but i am having similar problems with one HD, it was fine when i was watching it last night but i recorded a replay of lakers vs cavs at 1 this morning and wathced it thismorning and it was jumping every few seconds

thats the same i watched the bball on one hd and it was terrible wat sort of tv u have? and resolution?

thats the same i watched the bball on one hd and it was terrible wat sort of tv u have? and resolution?

na my tv is not that flash. its not flat screen or hd...its about 3 years old. but i dont think that has much to do with it coz other things i have recorded/watched have been fine

ok i jumped on a ps3 forum here is what i can gather long cords splitters ect all reduce the signal. I tried pulling the splitter out instantly improved not great but better so im going to try get a better quality shorter cord and see how that goes.
If you need to use a splitter like in my case as i still want to be able to watch tv without having to stuff around with cords changing them all the time or having the ps3 on all the time u can get a power booster splitter apparantly. I will update when i find out more but hopefully that will sort my prob

I got one for Chrissy and I've had intermittent choppiness with the signal. Sometimes its good - sometimes not so good. Seems to record better when theres nobody moving around the loungeroom and interfering with the feed.

Ryan

Is it the sport channels? i have no prob with normal chanels just high action sport action movies ect

Back
Top Bottom