Postage times blowing out

Turns out I was wrong and eBay have refused to help with me getting my $639 for the card. Apparently It is my fault that the item delivery was delayed due to the pandemic and it is up to me alone to send an invoice through PayPal and get the money back.

I have sent a request to the buyer through Pay Pal to honor the payment but I know this will be a useless fight.

What other options do I have in regards to fighting eBay to get my money back?

Would it be fair if I made a public post trying to warn people of this buyer even though they are working within eBay's heavily flawed policy and guidelines?

that's a disgrace on ebay's part, all to easy to pass the buck...a few $$ you can just cop it...$639 ouch that hurts
feel for you mate, good luck with it all

that's a disgrace on ebay's part, all to easy to pass the buck...a few $$ you can just cop it...$639 ouch that hurts
feel for you mate, good luck with it all

I decided to send a PayPal payment request to the buyer with a nice message asking if they could please pay for the card since it was finally delivered, I was nice about it and explained that I understood the situation.

To my surprise the buyer followed through with the request and paid for the card and postage costs yesterday, I guess there are still honest and trustworthy people left in the world and I'm glad I didn't jump to conclusions and let my emotions take over.

There's hope for those that are dealing with this sort of situation, you just have to be patient and communicate with the buyers but I'm still not going to operate on eBay anymore after this.

Here is an example of one of my packages from ADL to USA using the $24 tracked method (pre paid satchel):

• Jun 8, 2020
  • 7:10am
  • OUT FOR DELIVERY
  • MONROVIA, CA 91016
  • May 12, 2020
  • 12:37am
  • Tracking number provided

Turns out I was wrong and eBay have refused to help with me getting my $639 for the card. Apparently It is my fault that the item delivery was delayed due to the pandemic and it is up to me alone to send an invoice through PayPal and get the money back.

I have sent a request to the buyer through Pay Pal to honor the payment but I know this will be a useless fight.

What other options do I have in regards to fighting eBay to get my money back?

Would it be fair if I made a public post trying to warn people of this buyer even though they are working within eBay's heavily flawed policy and guidelines?

Did you have tracking and could clearly show it was still in AUS/Airport or wherever? (sorry I haven't read all of thread)

Here is an example of one of my packages from ADL to USA using the $24 tracked method (pre paid satchel):

• Jun 8, 2020
  • 7:10am
  • OUT FOR DELIVERY
  • MONROVIA, CA 91016
  • May 12, 2020
  • 12:37am
  • Tracking number provided

Is that standard, not express right, because thats pretty quick for standard

yeah it was standard not express. I paid for a $39 express one and got this result:

• OUT FOR DELIVERY
  • ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
  • May 29, 2020
  • May 6, 2020
  • Acceptance
im from SA too and need to send to LA but i was worried even express would have significant delays, the post office attendant couldn't give me a time frame as its apparantly clogged. But your info is helpful thanks

Did you have tracking and could clearly show it was still in AUS/Airport or wherever? (sorry I haven't read all of thread)

I used the $39 air express registered with all the tracking, email notifications and SMS, the card was sitting at the airport in safe holding since the start of March before being sent to Taiwan 2 weeks ago.

The buyer put in a claim after 30 days and I had to refund the buyer $639 because the tracking did not show that it was delivered but the tracking did say it was still in transit.

I appealed eBay's decision because the tracking still showed that it was in transit and waiting in safe holding. My appeal was denied on the grounds that it had not been delivered after 30 days (eBay policy) and I was told to send a request to the buyer through PayPal once it has been delivered.

eBay simply wiped their hands clean and closed the case after I exhausted my one and only appeal, the buyer finally received the card last week which means they had received their card and the $639 back. I jumped on eBay chat again and asked what course of action I could take but they simply said it was my fault that it had not been delivered within the 30 days and they can no longer assist.

I sent the buyer a PayPal payment request for $639 and a nice message last weekend with the hopes that they would do the right thing and honour that payment and they did earlier this week. The buyer paid for the card and shipping which they didn't have to and It finally worked out in the end.

The key to all this from my experience is to maintain communication with the buyer on a weekly basis twice sometimes three times a week to update them about the card and don't let your emotions take over or jump to conclusions. I maintained contact with the buyer and kept my cool, once the tracking showed up as delivered that's when I should of launched an appeal through eBay but I used up my one chance and had no recourse of action after that, so save your appeal until it shows up as delivered.

Save your one and only chance for an appeal once it shows up online as delivered, that was my one mistake that stopped any chance of a refund through eBay, I'm just lucky the buyer was honest and I'm grateful for that.

Anybody selling or trading to the USA? I jist did a sale and went to post the card via economy. The lady at Australia post said do not expect it to arrive within 2 months, and more like 3 months at the moment. Normally it would only take a week.
Such a long lead time has put me off trading/selling on BO or listing on ebay.

How did your card go, has it been delivered and have you had any issues?

Yeh I refuse to sell or trade anything to Overseas buyers right now. It's just not worth the time or the effort. Local only.

I think a lot of people underestimated just how much cargo/mail was moved around the world by passenger jets.

I used the $39 air express registered with all the tracking, email notifications and SMS, the card was sitting at the airport in safe holding since the start of March before being sent to Taiwan 2 weeks ago.

The buyer put in a claim after 30 days and I had to refund the buyer $639 because the tracking did not show that it was delivered but the tracking did say it was still in transit.

I appealed eBay's decision because the tracking still showed that it was in transit and waiting in safe holding. My appeal was denied on the grounds that it had not been delivered after 30 days (eBay policy) and I was told to send a request to the buyer through PayPal once it has been delivered.

eBay simply wiped their hands clean and closed the case after I exhausted my one and only appeal, the buyer finally received the card last week which means they had received their card and the $639 back. I jumped on eBay chat again and asked what course of action I could take but they simply said it was my fault that it had not been delivered within the 30 days and they can no longer assist.

I sent the buyer a PayPal payment request for $639 and a nice message last weekend with the hopes that they would do the right thing and honour that payment and they did earlier this week. The buyer paid for the card and shipping which they didn't have to and It finally worked out in the end.

The key to all this from my experience is to maintain communication with the buyer on a weekly basis twice sometimes three times a week to update them about the card and don't let your emotions take over or jump to conclusions. I maintained contact with the buyer and kept my cool, once the tracking showed up as delivered that's when I should of launched an appeal through eBay but I used up my one chance and had no recourse of action after that, so save your appeal until it shows up as delivered.

Save your one and only chance for an appeal once it shows up online as delivered, that was my one mistake that stopped any chance of a refund through eBay, I'm just lucky the buyer was honest and I'm grateful for that.

Glad it all worked out mate. Testing times!!

Yeah, before sending anything internationally currently, ensure you check the countries where Australia Post is clearly behind / will have severe delays:

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/new...coronavirus/coronavirus-international-updates
Cheers,

Yeh I refuse to sell or trade anything to Overseas buyers right now. It's just not worth the time or the effort. Local only.

I think a lot of people underestimated just how much cargo/mail was moved around the world by passenger jets.

It opened up my eyes more but you're right, it isn't worth the hassle. I'm happy to pay and support this site then sell locally through here.

defiantly best to press pause on international selling/posting for the present situation were currently in.
get your s@#t together aust post!!

Don't think is is just Australia Post. I have stuff from Canada and America coming to NZ that was sent in March that still has not arrived. Though, weirdly one PWE sent in late April was delivered on Friday.

Don't think is is just Australia Post. I have stuff from Canada and America coming to NZ that was sent in March that still has not arrived. Though, weirdly one PWE sent in late April was delivered on Friday.
agree, its not just aust post.. yet just last week I had a parcel from syd to adel and for some reason it took 11 days.
you pay for a service and expect them to hold up there end... not good enough

I do find it weird that many freight/postage/courier companies are/have been offering services they can not hope to deliver.

I am still paying my usual rates to the courier company my business uses which entitles me to overnight delivery in the North Island and 2 days for down south.

Deliveries to some areas in the North Island have taken up to 19 days. Of course there is no discount or compensation offered for the reduced service. All this while saying they are busier than Christmas so one assumes they must be making some money!

for they don't care...and we have no other options
they know they cant deliver in there stated guide lines, yet its still give me your cash

Too true.

Sadly I am up to my third company and have now realised they are all crap in one way or another so there is no benefit in even changing or getting too upset.

Back
Top Bottom