Post your eBay, PWCC, Goldin or COMC bargains here!

Picked this up the other day for $18.50 USD - wasn't listed as a refractor, and pics weren't the best, but my eye is well-trained for these! ;)

7077c270-cdd9-41ea-90ea-33d735edc7a5.jpg.png

Nice one.

bought and sold my KG for like $400 back when I had it…….. oh the regrets!!!

I think my Johnny O'Bryant logoman might be worth that these days!

Not to worry about opportunties that have passed us by - a Jordan auto for $300 still burns in my memory banks as does the completed Harden auto lettemran set for $120!

I think my Johnny O'Bryant logoman might be worth that these days!

Not to worry about opportunties that have passed us by - a Jordan auto for $300 still burns in my memory banks as does the completed Harden auto lettemran set for $120!

This is where I am probably happy that I have been too lazy to ever get around to selling many cards. No sales, no regrets — though no $ either!

Having said, that I will probably regret not selling a bunch of cards I have now that are non-PC, if and when their value returns to something normal.

I tried to get 450 cards sent home from COMC last night. $560 Express was the only option available. Pretty shattering. I emailed them and apparently USPS have suspended all but Express services to Oz.At least for that amount. I finally got a Montana Rookie, plus a few other nice cards and 300 or so commons for my master sets.

At least comc's comms are back to what they used to be which is a plus. They returned my email within 12 hours which is what they used to be like. International shipping is f.... at the moment. I sent a card to Canada via Express and it took nearly 3 weeks to get there and another via normal mail and it took 8 weeks. It seems worse now than it was at the height of Covid in 2020.

I guess there are worse things going on in the world right now.

I tried to get 450 cards sent home from COMC last night. $560 Express was the only option available. Pretty shattering. I emailed them and apparently USPS have suspended all but Express services to Oz.At least for that amount. I finally got a Montana Rookie, plus a few other nice cards and 300 or so commons for my master sets.

At least comc's comms are back to what they used to be which is a plus. They returned my email within 12 hours which is what they used to be like. International shipping is f.... at the moment. I sent a card to Canada via Express and it took nearly 3 weeks to get there and another via normal mail and it took 8 weeks. It seems worse now than it was at the height of Covid in 2020.

i send my express to @ShipMyCards from COMC - normally is about $35usd if i remember - then FedEx from SMC to AUS is about $60usd or something like that - great service

I've tried to figure SMC out before but probably put it into the too hard basket. My noggin is pretty fried. From memory you had to buy tokens? I'll look again but that's still close to $100 you're paying. I'll see. I've heard nothing but good things about SMC but again it didn't seem that easy to me to get it started. But that is probably just me.

I could try to bring home just the graded stuff and see how much comc charges for that.They suggested that - as well as using a US adress - which was pretty good of them. Maybe because it also included cards from epack it took it to another level. They said omething about it including cards that bumped it up.

I got quite the shock when I did it last night. Thankfully I wrote a polite email rather than go off my nut( CTE).

Thanks mate.

I've tried to figure SMC out before but probably put it into the too hard basket. My noggin is pretty fried. From memory you had to buy tokens? I'll look again but that's still close to $100 you're paying. I'll see. I've heard nothing but good things about SMC but again it didn't seem that easy to me to get it started. But that is probably just me.

I could try to bring home just the graded stuff and see how much comc charges for that.They suggested that - as well as using a US adress - which was pretty good of them. Maybe because it also included cards from epack it took it to another level. They said omething about it including cards that bumped it up.

I got quite the shock when I did it last night. Thankfully I wrote a polite email rather than go off my nut( CTE).

Thanks mate.

No tokens or anything fancy with Shipmycards. Just buy credit as you need it.

It can get pricey — though not $560 pricey!

I had a similar amount of cards sent back via Fedex in December. Shipping was $80USD to NZ. Plus $3 processing fee, plus insurance, plus there will be a $20 USD charge for receiving a large lot, plus whatever COMC charges you to send them to Shipmycards.

Probably looking at least $150 USD (depending on if/what you insure for).

No tokens or anything fancy with Shipmycards. Just buy credit as you need it.

It can get pricey — though not $560 pricey!

I had a similar amount of cards sent back via Fedex in December. Shipping was $80USD to NZ. Plus $3 processing fee, plus insurance, plus there will be a $20 USD charge for receiving a large lot, plus whatever COMC charges you to send them to Shipmycards.

Probably looking at least $150 USD (depending on if/what you insure for).
Thanks - appreciate it. I just tried to see what it would cost to send 100 cards including a few slabs. Still $250 and only Express. That's still way to pricey and leaves 350 cards still there. I'll try to get my thinking cap on and see what I can do with SMC. From what you say it's easier than what I'd imagined. I've still got 400 cards on epack as well. May have let things get a bit out of hand with one project after another. I might wait a month to see if USPS offers lower service levels and if not I'll try to do SMC. To think you could pay comc $10USD in 2019 for 300 cards. Feels like a long time ago.

Again, appreciate the info.

I had a similar rissue and found that if you break it up into samller parcels the costs can be reduced quite dramatically. In my case I literally saved hundreds on the postal quote by simply breaking it down into two or three discrete packaging requests - I'm not sure itf thsi was to do with the actual number, size or weight of the cards or the actual value associated with those cards (which is soemthing you also need to be cognizant of in terms of customs and GST).

The main issue with comc right now is that they ship through USPS and Express is the only service they are currently offering to Australia. I actually had a similar issue before Christmas going the other way. I sold a card on ebay, took it to the post office only to be told Ozpost wasn't shipping to Canada period. The only way to do it was via courier for $150. I refunded the buyer and 6 weeks later they resumed their services to Canada. Logistics/supply chains have been hugely impacted by Covid. I sold a card in January to a US buyer and the card took 6 weeks just to get onto a plane. An express one to Canada recently took 2 weeks to get there.

Back
Top Bottom