Poppys Treasure - 63/64 Scanlens + more......

Nanoc

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Conan
eBay User
Rememberthis82
Hi everyone,

Need some advice - have done a little research and it appears this is the place to go......So, we just helped my 93 y.o Pa to move into a nursing home, and he gave me a box of cards to sell for him. There are hundreds of cards......and a couple of 1963 and 1964 Scanlen Rugby League Cards....including a Johnny Raper, though the Barry Muir and the Arthur Summons appears in the best condition. What is the best way to sell these cards, considering their obvious high value?

In addition to these cards there are lots of other very old cards including the following;

St George 1st grade 1966 Daily Mirror Photo (no idea if this is collectible as cannot find it anywhere)
Scanlens stickers league.
Scanlens cricket gum
Weston biscuits cards
vita-brits cards
sanitarium cards
players
sweet acres
nestle sky club
purina
fountain
hoadleys
Allens
civil war news
wills
futura cricket 93/94
scanlens samurai
hot rod magazine
1963 combat
golden fleece swap cards
buttercup cricket
great air-race england-australia
Shell cards
+ more.

Anyway, obviously the rugby cards are valuable, though unsure about the rest....just seeing if anyone can give me some advice.

Cheers.

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

Hi Conan and welcome to the forum!

Condition is everything when collectors price a card and it looks like your Scanlens 60s cards are generally not great (fading, corners, creases, tape stains, etc) . You can try a sales thread here and ask whatever you want based on what you've seen on eg eBay - and keep dropping the price until they sell - or list them on eg eBay individually or as small lots with a small/fair starting price and let the marked decide.

Your cards, your call.

Regards
Mike

PS: rubber bands are REALLY BAD for storage but really good for DEcreasing values these days!

Hey Nanoc,

As Mike has said condition is pretty much everything, that and also the specific team and player will drive the price as well.

I can tell you that the St George 1st grade 1966 Daily Mirror Photo is collectible and would be worth about $15.

The Scanlens league stickers could be a little gold mine if they are 1985 about $10+ each ( still need a few myself) or $2-$5 other years.

If you have no luck with a listing on here I would suggest put them on Ebay during the season to maximise the number of eyes that see your auctions.

Good luck
Ross

Hey Nanoc,

As Mike has said condition is pretty much everything, that and also the specific team and player will drive the price as well.

I can tell you that the St George 1st grade 1966 Daily Mirror Photo is collectible and would be worth about $15.

The Scanlens league stickers could be a little gold mine if they are 1985 about $10+ each ( still need a few myself) or $2-$5 other years.

If you have no luck with a listing on here I would suggest put them on Ebay during the season to maximise the number of eyes that see your auctions.

Good luck
Ross
right on Ross.
still looking for about 10 1985 stickers myself.

Back
Top Bottom