Poll : Prices on cards listed for sale?

Should we make it mandatory for members to post prices of cards listed for sale?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Time to roll this out.

Just seen another post in the Selling thread asking to PM offers.

Good lord.

I just want to say one thing.. some people might not have a chance to list with prices because they’re looking to sell cards in order to pay bills ASAP. Given the current state of affairs and a number of people out of work, I think you need to have a bit more empathy for those that list cards for sale without prices. If someone really wanted a card, they can send an offer and away we go...

Everyone does the eBay check so it’s very hard to rip someone off if that’s what you are trying to eradicate. Putting hours in listing or checking $1-$2 cards via eBay comps and doing this for a number of cards will have a massive effect on the listings for this site and you might see less for sale threads posted.

I just want to say one thing.. some people might not have a chance to list with prices because they’re looking to sell cards in order to pay bills ASAP. Given the current state of affairs and a number of people out of work, I think you need to have a bit more empathy for those that list cards for sale without prices. If someone really wanted a card, they can send an offer and away we go...

Everyone does the eBay check so it’s very hard to rip someone off if that’s what you are trying to eradicate. Putting hours in listing or checking $1-$2 cards via eBay comps and doing this for a number of cards will have a massive effect on the listings for this site and you might see less for sale threads posted.

People have been doing this forever. It's not Covid related.

So don't dare guilt trip me.

It's really not that hard to figure out your prices.

And the evidence shows you'll have a better chance of someone asking, if you have a price there.

I would think 90% would know a $1 or $2 card when selling and it's pretty easy to put following cards $1 then post all cards. Then move onto $5, $10 cards etc.

Also i don't really have an issue with cards put up with an obo. price at least you kind of know beforehand what ballpark they are in and not wasting time

People have been doing this forever. It's not Covid related.

So don't dare guilt trip me.

It's really not that hard to figure out your prices.

And the evidence shows you'll have a better chance of someone asking if you have a price.

If it’s been going on for this long, why wait to do it now during covid?

Don’t push me around by saying not to put you on a guilt trip. You might not know what some people are going through. Have empathy during this time is all I’m saying. Regardless of listing prices there is always going to be that person that tries to undermine someone for whatever gain they can get.

Don’t push me around by saying not to put you on a guilt trip. You might not know what some people are going through. Have empathy during this time is all I’m saying. Regardless of listing prices there is always going to be that person that tries to undermine someone for whatever gain they can get.

Push you around? You have no idea what I do for a living. I might just have more to do with Covid than you. These 2 things are not related.

You lost in a landslide. So argue with the other 95%

If you are selling due to Covid reasons, you'll have better luck putting prices.

Same as in a shop. Don't like it? Sell at a garage sale.

It has nothing to do with empathy for people during this time.

What a moronic thing to say and to try and put on someone..

Oh now I get it..

I see you have already broken a selling rule by having 3 FS threads, you wouldn't want to be breaking a 2nd rule also..

And of course, there's a bunch of posts asking for prices.

Smh.

W

This is ridiculous. VERY long bow to try and tie asking people to put prices on cards to a pandemic.

This has been asked for a very long time, I decided to ask how many people thought it was a good idea. Seems a vast majority do, so we will be implementing it.

Oh now I get it..

I see you have already broken a selling rule by having 3 FS threads, you wouldn't want to be breaking a 2nd rule also..

And of course, there's a bunch of posts asking for prices.

Smh.

W

I’m speaking for others that may feel the same. Why are you taking it so personal? I actually have more to deal with covid than you think as well and my situation is rather dire hence the 3 threads you so kindly are policing and making me feel 10000 times worse. You obviously have no heart and couldn’t help but make me feel like I have committed one of the worst crimes a forum can have.

Fact. I’m selling a house, Im on the verge of losing my job, my sister hers, my bro in law his and my niece hers have lost theirs, My other niece is now determining if she has a tumour and is going through all of that. I’m selling all my possessions in order to help them and myself. How dare you? All I said was have empathy and you couldn’t help yourself? My gosh it’s a forum and people are coming here in desperation (some like myself) and you think now is the right time to bring this out? No problems I will comply with the new rules. All I said was have empathy for those that have listed cards for sale with no prices as you might not know their urgency as to why.

So we did this to get prices listed on all sale threads.

However we didn't mention and haven't mentioned trade threads.

Looking for your thoughts on this ?

My thoughts is if both parties with what they receive in a trade, does it matter what the value is?

So we did this to get prices listed on all sale threads.

However we didn't mention and haven't mentioned trade threads.

Looking for your thoughts on this ?

My thoughts is if both parties with what they receive in a trade, does it matter what the value is?

I think leave trade threads price free. Those involved in a trade can work it out.

I can see both sides for having specific prices in the deal thread but how often does a dispue come up about that @graham ?

I’d rather not have prices in there for privacy reasons. And for not having to look back in 10 years and see I paid $59 for a Maurice Ager RC Auto....

I also can’t see the urgency to sell cards as you need the money and haven’t had a chance to price yet as a valid reason, as has been said before, you can still take a quick look and put a price on and say open to offers, and also, maybe you need to look at your life and budget if you are that close to financial ruin over cardboard. Not saying this to offend but out of personal experience - spending got out of hand for me for a while and I had to take a look and say is this really the best thing for me and/or the family??? Shine a harsh light on this hobby and your role in it sometimes.

Just to cla
I can see both sides for having specific prices in the deal thread but how often does a dispue come up about that

I think you're getting confused.

For Sale threads - Prices required
For Sale or Trade threads - Prices required
For Trade threads - no prices required
Deal threads - no prices required

Back
Top Bottom