• Poll closed .

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
It’s back and it’s loaded with talent!

Heaps of new competitors and some of the old hats going head to head for the coveted prize of being crowned Ozcardtrader PC Battle Champion!

There will be 3 rounds where I will randomly group together the competitors and have them each submit 2 cards to be ogled and voted on by the Ozcards public.

Round 1 will be 4 groups with 4 competitors in each. The top 2 vote getters from each round will progress to the next round until we have only 1 champion remaining. I will personally donate a nice prize to the winner and will also create a unique Sig or avatar that the winner can post on their profile to boast for as long as they want.

Voting will be open for 1 week each round to allow the seasonal visitors enough time to come in and have their say.

Let’s get it started!

Round 1

Group A

@CAN'T FLY - Dorell Wright
@xavierty - Kevin Love
@Roydngr - Kyrie Irving
@0401Specialk - Jimmer Fredette

Can't Fly - Dorell Wright

UD Ultimate Collection Ultimate Rookies RPA 01/25
img664_crop7_zps53e11495_1.jpg

Panini Totally Certified BLACK Patch 1/1
img694_crop_zps6eiwcel1.jpg

xavierty - Kevin Love

Panini Donruss Production Line Patch/Auto /10
20150627_103658-jpg.133276

Exquisite patch 22/50
20150627_103629-jpg.133278

Roydngr - Kyrie Irving

National Treasures Notable Nicknames
5A1E099B-E83A-4541-AD15-0F39B7CD8571_zpsusvixb9r.jpg

National Treasures RPA /199
D9447C03-10EA-49B6-AF4E-6784E96AA5E4_zpswfgpfw8x.jpg

0401Specialk - Jimmer Fredette

Immaculate Inscriptions /99
Jimmer%202_zpsmwh0eeib.jpeg

National Treasures Dual auto
Jimmer%201_zpsxt2a4ttq.jpeg

Now we just sit back, bask in their greatness and wait for the impeccably accurate commentary from Ozcards' own @skip20 to tell us what we should have seen the first time we looked!

Good luck everyone!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Now touch gloves and come out fighting! 4 way boxing would a fantastic spectacle btw....

I digress, back to the task at hand!

Can't Fly comes out strong with the Certified Black 1/1 and a nice jersey #d Ultimate RPA. I guess the Black 1/1 is jersey numbered too, so even though there's two cards on display we technically have 3 x 1/1s! I know Can't fly has the rainbow which is seriously impressive but we have to go by what is on display. The 1 of 1 wording is classy as is the matching 'logoman' action pic with a nice coloured team patch. Normally I'd take points away for lack of stitching and for a mere two colours but this patch is actually textured and shimmers nicely. What does cost it some points is the Warriors picture and the reference to the 76ers and the plethora of Panini 1/1s and parallel overload of late. The Ultimate RPA jersey numbering might have gone un-noticed by many but not this astute observer! Love the three colour team patch and big on card auto back from when Ultimate, was well....Ultimate! Great elegant design, sig is sharp and that blue ink really pops on that card. On the downside some of the corners aren't in pristine condition but Dorrell didn't exactly set the league alight in his first couple of years so it may have suffered in someone's shoebox before being rescued. Solid round 1 contribution!

Xavierty comes out swinging with a technically perfect card so there's no need to scrutinise the corners, centering, edges and surface. Low serial numbering and a chunky patch all auger well for a good start. DOnruss was never a high end product and the card design itself more or less is reflective of that, but I do like their metallic mark in the bottom right hand corner, always adds a kind of throwback feel to the cards they offer. Beautifully clear and crisp auto with the obvious minus being for the sicker auto and questionable choice of picture. From Donruss we plunge into the deep end with some Exquisite jumbo patch goodness evidenced by the attention grabbing golden metal finish which was there before Gold Standard was even conceptualised.... Patch is ridiculously good, because with basketball cards bigger is always better, hard to believe there's another 49 of these bad boys around! It's a young looking Kevin Love at the FT line in that iconic T-Wolf blue, but could have benefititted with better choice of pics. Another solid starting combo....

Roydngr has come out with the contemporary (and home town?) crowd favourite. Unlike the first two entrants he's stuck to Panini which makes sense because there won't be too many alternatives! Both feature massive on card autos and the inscription is as legendary as it gets! A pet peeve of mine is when cards which should be inscribed aren't - and this beauty certainly wasn't squeezed into a small corner of the card as an afterthought! It's also a bit unusual in the way the inscription is side by side with the auto when normally an inscription would fall underneath the signature. It really catches the eye, if you could fault anything it would be the penmanship and the fact that the auto seems a little hemmed in (most seem to be a bit more elongated like the patch auto version below). The NT RPA let's the patch do all the talking, I'm no expert but the top half looks like an 'R' and when the patch comes off of the team name or nameplate it carries extra weight as far as I'm concerned. Even the window is nicely die cut to feature that iconic RC logo and as we all know, rookie year stuff generally carries a premium. On the downside everyhting these days seems to carry a RC logo and the numbering out of 199 suggests this may not be game worn memorabilia (correct me if I'm mistaken - wouldn't be the first time!). The card design itself is well, white. Not saying that it isn't a classy look and sometimes the simple things are the best but I think the design department could have done a bit more to earn their money. First up effort seems to be a crowd pleaser.

Stop! Jimmer Time! 0401SpecialK hits us with everybody's favourite college player and card offering in recent times - Immaculate Jimmer! It's hard to not like these cards, they have massive on card autos and feature nice use of foil and serial number stamping. If you're PC guy was recently drafted Immac is one of those cornerstone cards you have to have. The rookie year offering also captures all the buzz of when Jimmer was coming out of college and was dubbed as the next 'Pistol Pete'. You also have to love that artistic looking auto which is arguably the best looking this lot of contenders, crisp, clean and easy on the eye. Not so sure about that mug shot though. The NT dual auto features one of the best offensive minded guards and one of the leagues best defensive big men. As a PC item collectors can be divided when two or more players are featured on the card (especially if they weren't team-mates), as far as I'm concerned two auto should be better than one but I'm just not sure of the connection between these two ballers... Some good Jimmering in round 1 but feel like he was holding a lot back in reserve for later rounds...

Have at it folks, vote away!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Now touch gloves and come out fighting! 4 way boxing would a fantastic spectacle btw....

I digress, back to the task at hand!

Can't Fly comes out strong with the Certified Black 1/1 and a nice jersey #d Ultimate RPA. I guess the Black 1/1 is jersey numbered too, so even though there's two cards on display we technically have 3 x 1/1s! I know Can't fly has the rainbow which is seriously impressive but we have to go by what is on display. The 1 of 1 wording is classy as is the matching 'logoman' action pic with a nice coloured team patch. Normally I'd take points away for lack of stitching and for a mere two colours but this patch is actually textured and shimmers nicely. What does cost it some points is the Warriors picture and the reference to the 76ers and the plethora of Panini 1/1s and parallel overload of late. The Ultimate RPA jersey numbering might have gone un-noticed by many but not this astute observer! Love the three colour team patch and big on card auto back from when Ultimate, was well....Ultimate! Great elegant design, sig is sharp and that blue ink really pops on that card. On the downside some of the corners aren't in pristine condition but Dorrell didn't exactly set the league alight in his first couple of years so it may have suffered in someone's shoebox before being rescued. Solid round 1 contribution!

Xavierty comes out swinging with a technically perfect card so there's no need to scrutinise the corners, centering, edges and surface. Low serial numbering and a chunky patch all auger well for a good start. DOnruss was never a high end product and the card design itself more or less is reflective of that, but I do like their metallic mark in the bottom right hand corner, always adds a kind of throwback feel to the cards they offer. Beautifully clear and crisp auto with the obvious minus being for the sicker auto and questionable choice of picture. From Donruss we plunge into the deep end with some Exquisite jumbo patch goodness evidenced by the attention grabbing golden metal finish which was there before Gold Standard was even conceptualised.... Patch is ridiculously good, because with basketball cards bigger is always better, hard to believe there's another 49 of these bad boys around! It's a young looking Kevin Love at the FT line in that iconic T-Wolf blue, but could have benefititted with better choice of pics. Another solid starting combo....

Roydngr has come out with the contemporary (and home town?) crowd favourite. Unlike the first two entrants he's stuck to Panini which makes sense because there won't be too many alternatives! Both feature massive on card autos and the inscription is as legendary as it gets! A pet peeve of mine is when cards which should be inscribed aren't - and this beauty certainly wasn't squeezed into a small corner of the card as an afterthought! It's also a bit unusual in the way the inscription is side by side with the auto when normally an inscription would fall underneath the signature. It really catches the eye, if you could fault anything it would be the penmanship and the fact that the auto seems a little hemmed in (most seem to be a bit more elongated like the patch auto version below). The NT RPA let's the patch do all the talking, I'm no expert but the top half looks like an 'R' and when the patch comes off of the team name or nameplate it carries extra weight as far as I'm concerned. Even the window is nicely die cut to feature that iconic RC logo and as we all know, rookie year stuff generally carries a premium. On the downside everyhting these days seems to carry a RC logo and the numbering out of 199 suggests this may not be game worn memorabilia (correct me if I'm mistaken - wouldn't be the first time!). The card design itself is well, white. Not saying that it isn't a classy look and sometimes the simple things are the best but I think the design department could have done a bit more to earn their money. First up effort seems to be a crowd pleaser.

Stop! Jimmer Time! 0401SpecialK hits us with everybody's favourite college player and card offering in recent times - Immaculate Jimmer! It's hard to not like these cards, they have massive on card autos and feature nice use of foil and serial number stamping. If you're PC guy was recently drafted Immac is one of those cornerstone cards you have to have. The rookie year offering also captures all the buzz of when Jimmer was coming out of college and was dubbed as the next 'Pistol Pete'. You also have to love that artistic looking auto which is arguably the best looking this lot of contenders, crisp, clean and easy on the eye. Not so sure about that mug shot though. The NT dual auto features one of the best offensive minded guards and one of the leagues best defensive big men. As a PC item collectors can be divided when two or more players are featured on the card (especially if they weren't team-mates), as far as I'm concerned two auto should be better than one but I'm just not sure of the connection between these two ballers... Some good Jimmering in round 1 but feel like he was holding a lot back in reserve for later rounds...

Have at it folks, vote away!

Thanks Skip, love your work!

Skip never fails to impress!

That my friends, is why he is the official commentary partner of the PC Battles!!!

He only got through 3 /4 of the battles in one day, he must be getting old :p

I remember when when he used to write 4 pc battle commentries in his sleep... I might be getting old too by the sounds of my old man ramblings and compalining, damn youth of today

Skip never fails to impress!
That my friends, is why he is the official commentary partner of the PC Battles!!!

The ONLY officially endorsed ANYTHING or ANYONE of the PC Battles... I feel like the UFC ringside announcer! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand his opponent in the Spurs corner, weighing in at 9 thowwwwwwwwwwsand, two huuuuuuuuundred and seventy aaaaaaaayyyyyt messages, Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrom Perrrrrrrrth, Westerrrrrrrrrrrrn Ossssssssss-tra-liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadam The Lock Dooooooooooooooooooown KIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He only got through 3 /4 of the battles in one day, he must be getting old :p
I remember when when he used to write 4 pc battle commentries in his sleep... I might be getting old too by the sounds of my old man ramblings and compalining, damn youth of today

Getting old indeed, that's why I collect basketball stuff instead of playing it these days! Was just waiting to find some good points about your cards!

Back
Top Bottom