Panini public signing COA

SegaManAU

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mark
Hi All

Just looking for some information regarding the Panini "public signing" COA's.
Is there any reason why these don't have serial numbers & stickers near the autographs? There are a few Kobe jerseys that were signed at the Mamba Mentality experience in 2019. They come with Panini COA's but the COA sticker reads "PUBLIC" and there is no sticker on the jersey. Is this correct?

Link for reference

https://taylormadememorabilia.com.a...angeles-lakers-home-2008-09-authentic-jersey/

I couldn't really comment on these particular jerseys as I am not aware of what the process was with Kobe's event signings in Melbourne. I recommend searching out for other jerseys signed at the same event and check whether they have the Panini stickers on the jersey/ball or whatever was signed.
I am fairly certain someone at cherry collectables attended the event and had an item signed, so possibly inquire with them.

As a general rule of thumb however, (unless it has a matching UDA or Panini authentication sticker and certificate) I would always steer clear of anything NBA related that Taylormade Memorabilia is selling as I have watched this company very closely for the past 4 years and seen a large number of items with highly questionable authenticity that have been sold.

Two of their employees have been completely ostracized from multiple facebook collector pages for their behaviors.

As mentioned above, I'd steer clear of anything NBA related from TaylorMade. I know Jordan's signature as well as I know my own signature, and the amount of fake 'authentics' I have seen for sale in their stores is astounding. I know you're specifically looking at Bryant here, but the others that are being faked would put me off. I have no idea how they get away with it to be honest.

it is to
Hi All

Is there any reason why these don't have serial numbers & stickers near the autographs? There are a few Kobe jerseys that were signed at the Mamba Mentality experience in 2019. They come with Panini COA's but the COA sticker reads "PUBLIC" and there is no sticker on the jersey. Is this correct?

Link for reference

https://taylormadememorabilia.com.a...ngeles-lakers-home-2008-09-authentic-jersey/_

Hi All

Link for reference

https://taylormadememorabilia.com.a...angeles-lakers-home-2008-09-authentic-jersey/
Please see response from one of Panini's event manager

"We did the “public” stickers when we’d team with Kobe and his team whenever they did basketball camps and other things like that where there would be a significant number of items signed.

Given the quantities, it was much easier to create more generic type of COAs and use the public holograms to keep Kobe’s signing time to a minimum."

5B53BAB8-F010-45CC-8E03-7504E99EF7B5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom