PANINI FLAWLESS 2016

44gwilson

OzCardTrader
Real Name
George Wilson
Hey,

I just purchased a case of panini flawless 2016. They are a beautiful collection and i managed to pick up a case of 10 cards for 1800 Australian dollars.

I am really into premium trading cards and love soccer. I love collecting for a hobby but it is always a nice bonus when you can make some profit on the side.

To me, I believe this collection is the best out there in terms of premium quality for soccer cards. We all know basketball, nfl and baseball have done amazing in terms of the high premium collections in the USA. This collection originally came out at about 2300 aus and rose into the high 2 k's and at one point tipped over 3k.

I think whether or not i decide to open the case, buying at this price is a safe bet. The chances of me finding a 1/1 auto are around 12-1 (i have a spreadsheet of all the cards in the collection and measured against what has already been sold and found at priceguide.cards) and then again, if I leave it sealed for a few years I believe it could go back up in value considering panini are releasing a bunch of premium collections for the world cup... national treasures, eminence. I think they might even bring out another flawless collection at some point which could drive the price up again.

Would love to hear thoughts... am i justifying a silly purchase or does this make sense as a slightly risky investment?

If Panini bring out another Flawless release, which they most likely will, why would it cause a price rise of an older release?

If anything, it will stay where it is or go a bit lower as the market will get flooded with more product and a lot of the same players will be signing.

i guess the way I saw it was that having a sealed case from the first/original premium collection would be of significant value if the future collections rise in popularity.
Maybe i am just being optimistic.

The other way to look at it is with almost every rare card, whether it be # to 10 or to 25 (excl. 1/1s), the chances of finding one go up significantly the older the collections are. Rarely is an entire number of cards accounted for in a /10 or /15, etc and with two years passed since 2016 flawless was released, there are very few sealed cases on the market.
Less than 2000 cases were released worldwide at time of release leading me to believe that few cases are in circulation and even fewer going into the future. The fewer the cases the higher the chance of getting a high quality pull.

and if you look at basketball as an example, cases from 12-13 release are currently selling for around 5-6k.
That's a big profit margin from original price.

Back
Top Bottom