Packaging Question - Examples?

Sukari

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben W
Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions here but I'm completely new (and clueless).. just wanted to get some more information/examples of how we should be packaging cards for sale/trades:

a) Each card to be in a penny sleeve, always.
b) Cards are to be placed in appropriately thick top loaders, secured by tape at the top.
c) Cards to be sent in a bubble mailer.

So for Penny Sleeve.. that seemed OK, so I ordered some Ultra Pro clear sleeves.. but then for b) there's a few top loaders and they mention "pt" as well.. I got some "regular" ones from Ultra Pro - is that OK for singles? Also does that mean we're supposed to Penny Sleeve the card THEN put the card in the top loader?

Bubble mailer - https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...-size-1-mailing-bag-white-151-x-229mm-cobmps1 these ones OK?

Forgot to ask.. are the above rules a "must" always? Even if both parties come to a different agreement?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Ben
I buy bubble mailers at the post at a 100 at at time.There normally 1.15 each,but if you buy a 100.,it comes down to about 43 cents each.So the box costs me 43.00 dollars.

Ah good point, I'm not 100% sure how into this I will get with the trading/selling.

Is my understanding of the way to package these cards correct? Thanks!

Card goes into sleeve.
Card and sleeve together goes into toploader.
You can put cardboard on each side of the toploader for more safety if you want.
Pop them in the bubble mailer.
I always put sticky tape on the top of the toploader so card won,t slip out.
I also put sticky tape on the back seam of the bubble mailer.
Hope i have not confussed you.

Last edited:
Mate, that's perfect. Thanks so much for that. Never used a toploader before but I'll have a look when they arrive.

Hi, I'm a newbie to this as well so bear with me, got a couple of dumb questions:

- Do they still sell the smaller padded bags? Doesn't seem to be on the Aus Post website, only the larger ones.
- What about actual postage costs? What's the recommended "standard" option?

Card goes into sleeve.
Card and sleeve together goes into toploader.
You can put cardboard on each side of the toploader for more safety if you want.
Pop them in the bubble mailer.
I always put sticky tape on the top of the toploader so card won,t slip out.
I also put sticky tape on the back seam of the bubble mailer.
Hope i have not confussed you.

Most post offices are doing away with the smaller padded bags.I buy my padded bags from NewPack www.newpack.com.au100 small padded bags cost 20.00 delivered.Basic post costs 2.20 with your padded bag and about 5.00 registed with your padded bag.Hope i make sense.☺
1587041053301-1323848432.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Are the postage costs for a small padded bag any different to other parcels? What should I be looking for?

Back
Top Bottom