Official 2017/18 Tap 'n' Play BBL Trading Cards Thread

Yes ashes and BBL although the order form we got emailed only had retail boxes and albums no starter packs listed.

They are offering sale or return to retailers so the same as most card releases, saves retailers being stuck with unsold stock at the end and encourages them to carry them.

They have set up a facebook page for their retailer competition
https://www.facebook.com/gnsashes/

While I was typing the last reply received 2 more emails from them with links to their online ordering system.
Logged in and the online only shows Ashes currently in stock so BBL might still be a week or so away but they are certainly pushing them and making sure retailers know they are available.

Has been posted elsewhere but if anyone has missed it the release of these has been pushed back again, Tap N Play have advised they now expect to receive stock 16/17th and will begin shipping 18th.

It's crazy newsagents aren't getting these releases yet.
You should be seeing Ashes in Newsagents, if they have ordered direct from Tap N Play they would have had them a week or more back.
If they have ordered through GNS then they were available from Monday, GNS are normally 1-2 day delivery so anyone that ordered Monday should get them by today.
If GNS receive BBL stock 18th you might start seeing BBL cards in newsagents later that week.

I spoke with 2 newsagent that always get every sort of packets/boxes, nrl cricket Afl ect
And they won't be getting any at all , as there is no return policy if they don't sell them? They will be stuck with them they told me

Order form we received from GNS does state sale or return but might only be for regular GNS customers. They do supply something like 4000 retailers so wont be every newsagent but a fair percentage of them.
It was only Monday that GNS started letting newsagents know they were distributing so prior to that they may have been looking at supply direct from TnP. Might be worth asking again if it wasn't this week you enquired, the big difference to other releases handled by G&G is retailers need to order they aren't automatically given a allocation.

I spoke with 2 newsagent that always get every sort of packets/boxes, nrl cricket Afl ect
And they won't be getting any at all , as there is no return policy if they don't sell them? They will be stuck with them they told me

Correct.

No returns so all my locals knocked them back.

My big local newsagents buys cases and cases of RL but refuses cricket this summer.

All the BPs don’t know about it either.

So does anyone else on here have the BBL cards yet? I know @Mike_K received at least one starter pack.
Now it appears they won't be around until December 18. For us IP collectors this is an absolute disaster. The WBBL starts this weekend with 6/8 teams at North Sydney oval. We will be unable to get the cards signed as they have been delayed again. This also means both The Sixers and Thunder fan days where all players are happy to sign will also be ruled out, as will be the case for the other teams.
The Thunder girls will only play one more game in Sydney and that's at the SCG when you can not access the players. So effectively ruled out any chance of getting them to sign their cards as three games and the fan day are all held before the cards will arrive.
To say I am gutted is an understatement.

If anyone has received any they ordered through the web site. I would be happy to buy any commons - particularly WBBL ones and pay postage. Please PM me if you have any available. Thanks

Any updates on if the bbl cards have come into Australia yet? Is there a chance i could get a set of bbl commons before the boxing day double header at the waca?

Received confirmation that they are due to arrive at the warehouse tomorrow (Thursday)

Cutting it really fine for Xmas orders. Anyone in the Sydney area is welcome to pick-up the product from me directly once I have it.

Hopefully it arrives in the morning and we'll make sure all orders are sent out the same day.

Going to depend on where they have ordered from.
If direct from TnP then should be in the next day or two, I'm hoping we might see our stock tomorrow and if not that the posties decide to work Saturday in the lead up to Christmas.
If ordered through GNS then it will probably be after Christmas, I'm guessing GNS will receive stock today so tomorrow at the earliest before they can start shipping to newsagents and the Christmas break will play havoc with deliveries. Good news is GNS will only be closed the public holidays so if newsagents have ordered them they will be shipped.

How has everyone found collation of these cards?

In one box, inserts were spot on ratios, however I was well short of a common set, with triples of some cards.

My second box I got a full set of commons with spares no triples of any cards. With the inserts, it was way off. No Young Stars (supposed to be 1 in 18, so 2 a box). I got 6 duos (supposed to be 1 in 9, so 4 a box). Of the duos there were 2 thunder duos in the one box.

I also have a mate that has opened over 100 packs accross three boxes and is yet to get a fireworks card (supposed to be 1 in 24 packs).

Back
Top Bottom