Official 2017/18 Tap 'n' Play BBL Trading Cards Thread

The reply I got from Neil to a query about supply to retailers was they would be starting to ship Ashes cards late this week with BBL to follow a few weeks later.
My take from that was that they would hit the release date for the Ashes cards but be a week or two behind the advertised BBL release date.

The reply I got from Neil to a query about supply to retailers was they would be starting to ship Ashes cards late this week with BBL to follow a few weeks later.
My take from that was that they would hit the release date for the Ashes cards but be a week or two behind the advertised BBL release date.
Very unprofessional IMO. If you give a release date you should meet it.

Should be we normally get shop stock from the distributors but have ordered directly off TnP this time.
We are only a small newsagent, packs and cases of starters were listed to order on what we were sent.

@Matt26 the info I got was they are looking at using GNS and also suppling directly.
We have ordered directly at this stage and will wait and see what eventuates with GNS.
Total guess work on my part but with GNS it may be a opt in situation for retailers rather than automatically being allocated a certain supply.

Starter pack (3 packs & collectors helmet card) arrived from TnP.

The helmet card has a checklist for that team on the back.

Some good hits in the 3 packs with a silver, a Dous Card & fireworks card. Not too bad, although the $9.99 cost seems a little high, but with packs at $4.99 each I guess it’s all relative.
Very stoked it was the Scorchers helmet card that was included. Nice addition to the personal collection.

The silvers in this release are not like previous TnP design for parallel cards. They are exactly the same as the common but with a bit more of a shiny layer. Hard to describe until you see one in your hand. They look good, but you won’t obviously pick it for a silver.

Photo below of the Helmet card, common version (middle) & the silver parallel equivalent (far right).

B3B4F377-0E9A-4508-8DF2-5C7F77F33B3F.jpeg

Bring on the release!!!

PS..thanks @Diggaz TC for the early release of the album :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's different and it's a checklist

Yep...and it’s a helmet! ;)

It is what it is..but realistically nothing earth shattering about the design & it could have just as easily been included within the common set, like a team logo/checklist card.

Hard to see how it earns its badging as a ‘Collectors’ card, other than it only being included with the Starter packs.

Starter pack (3 packs & collectors helmet card) arrived from TnP.

The helmet card has a checklist for that team on the back.

Some good hits in the 3 packs with a silver, a Dous Card & fireworks card. Not too bad, although the $9.99 cost seems a little high, but with packs at $4.99 each I guess it’s all relative.
Very stoked it was the Scorchers helmet card that was included. Nice addition to the personal collection.

The silvers in this release are not like previous TnP design for parallel cards. They are exactly the same as the common but with a bit more of a shiny layer. Hard to describe until you see one in your hand. They look good, but you won’t obviously pick it for a silver.

Photo below of the Helmet card, common version (middle) & the silver parallel equivalent (far right).

B3B4F377-0E9A-4508-8DF2-5C7F77F33B3F.jpeg

Bring on the release!!!

PS..thanks @Diggaz TC for the early release of the album :thumbsup:
So who has these in stock?

So who has these in stock?

Good question...no idea. Doubt they would even be in stores yet. Got mine via the TnP online store.

Was very surprise to get it, as I believe its still about a week or so away for dealers/sellers getting their stocks.

Good question...no idea. Doubt they would even be in stores yet. Got mine via the TnP online store.

Was very surprise to get it, as I believe its still about a week or so away for dealers/sellers getting their stocks.
I am not sure what is going on here as I asked Neil last week and he said he would not have stock until 18 December. Now you are saying you have them now direct from tap n play? I don't get it.....

Yep...and it’s a helmet! ;)

It is what it is..but realistically nothing earth shattering about the design & it could have just as easily been included within the common set, like a team logo/checklist card.

Hard to see how it earns its badging as a ‘Collectors’ card, other than it only being included with the Starter packs.

My understanding was they were meant to be a die-cut helmet card with 1-2 players from each team? Seems like that changed too?

I am not sure what is going on here as I asked Neil last week and he said he would not have stock until 18 December. Now you are saying you have them now direct from tap n play? I don't get it.....

We all know TnP works in strange & mysterious ways...so it’s got me buggered as well.

Maybe Neil had a small batch of Starter packs arrive early & he has used that to fill some of those orders thru the online store. If that stock is now exhausted then maybe more stock isn’t expected until 18 Dec. But I am only guessing - I have no idea what is going on.

My understanding was they were meant to be a die-cut helmet card with 1-2 players from each team? Seems like that changed too?

Thanks Matt for those details.

Does seem that TnP want to try different things with their releases, but it never seems to work out & too often we get left with...it was meant to be this, but....

Maybe just as frustrating for TnP as it is for us. But what has been included is not to the level we have seen as “exclusive” cards within other Starter packs from other card manufacturers, which is disappointing.

Well I can confirm GNS are handling the Newsagent distribution.
Received notification and order forms from them today, looks like they are pushing them fairly hard as they are running a point of sale display competition for retailers. I would expect they should start appearing in newsagents later this week.

Well I can confirm GNS are handling the Newsagent distribution.
Received notification and order forms from them today, looks like they are pushing them fairly hard as they are running a point of sale display competition for retailers. I would expect they should start appearing in newsagents later this week.

Is that for Ashes & BBL?

Back
Top Bottom