NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

As a collector who collects team + certain player commons only and uses spare commons exclusively for IPs I'm not too bothered. Then again this is Elite and the commons in this set are less important than other sets despite looking nicer, ultimately being filler for the high end hits. If they did this in a set like Traders or Xtreme i'd be more concerned.

The 10th box card will be a player card........not a logo.

In saying this, I wouldn't be surprised to see the logo card taken out of the Mojo sets and replaced by the box card player so you will have:

10 Base Cards - including a Logo and a Box Player Card limited to 281
10 Parallels - including a Logo and a Box Player Card limited to 281

9 Mojo Cards - All Players - No Team Logo

Cheers
Matt

The 10th box card will be a player card........not a logo.

In saying this, I wouldn't be surprised to see the logo card taken out of the Mojo sets and replaced by the box card player so you will have:

10 Base Cards - including a Logo and a Box Player Card limited to 281
10 Parallels - including a Logo and a Box Player Card limited to 281

9 Mojo Cards - All Players - No Team Logo

Cheers
Matt

We will all just have to wait and see what happens .....

Last edited:
I've just now seen the flyer. I'm assuming the 1/1 cards are the same players as the road to finals cards?
On the chance anyone pulls the 1/1 Sam Thaiday card. I have the 2016 Corey Oates 1/1 to trade for it

I personally give TLA credit for reveling the sell sheet nice and ahead in advance to give me an idea of how I'm going to go about it in terms of collecting! It's so much better than what Select are currently doing for the incoming AFL series 2 release by holding it back to the very last minute and I wait and wait and it's nothing like what I was anticipating!

I personally give TLA credit for reveling the sell sheet nice and ahead in advance to give me an idea of how I'm going to go about it in terms of collecting! It's so much better than what Select are currently doing for the incoming AFL series 2 release by holding it back to the very last minute and I wait and wait and it's nothing like what I was anticipating!

Yes have to give them credit for this...you can release a sell sheet and start to build interest in a set without giving away all of the information.......while on the other hand Select hasn't released anything.....they have their reasons why but if I were a customer of theirs, id want to know what I was buying instead of waiting till very close to the release to see what was in the set.

Yes have to give them credit for this...you can release a sell sheet and start to build interest in a set without giving away all of the information.......while on the other hand Select hasn't released anything.....they have their reasons why but if I were a customer of theirs, id want to know what I was buying instead of waiting till very close to the release to see what was in the set.
Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from Matt. Yes as I do AFL as well as league cards it looks quite convincing the top end cards for the upcoming AFL will not be inclusive of expansions clubs such as Gold Coast and GWS - TLA tries to acclimate all clubs in their releases and so even drops good cards for Titans collectors - perhaps the modest most value wise cards along with Suns and Giants cards in the AFL. That's my point being as a GWS collector in the AFL side of things.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from Matt. Yes as I do AFL as well as league cards it looks quite convincing the top end cards for the upcoming AFL will not be inclusive of expansions clubs such as Gold Coast and GWS - TLA tries to acclimate all clubs in their releases and so even drops good cards for Titans collectors - perhaps the modest most value wise cards along with Suns and Giants cards in the AFL. That's my point being as a GWS collector in the AFL side of things.

I know clubs like the Gold Coast and GWS don't have the greatest history or collector bases, but manufacturers need to have them included in all sets as it helps group breakers (even team numer slots) and is good for supporters of the clubs. I understand Legendary players its difficult but i would be surprised if the league hadn't mandated that all clubs are featured in all sets outside of past players etc.

I really think TLA has improved dramatically in releasing information of late......as for Select........they may be sitting on a great release.....but that's no good when no one knows anything about it and people cant buy into it.

Basically Select is punishing their entire customer base in having to wait for info to avoid having mass re-sellers knowing about the product they are dumping when they get the stock. Most signature cards out of series 2 can be had for $25-40 bucks anyway and thats not the resellers fault......so I don't know how much more rock bottom they can get......I guess if there are 240 of them is easy to see why. They have reduced them this year.

It's a fine line......you want collectors to start getting excited and looking forward to the release, without giving away all of the information.

TLA is light years ahead of Select at present.

TLA/ESP have made a huge blunder on this release with the box card only being the 10th,20th,30th,40th,ect common card that is required to complete a common set. All the dealers & re-sellers I've spoken to are pi$$ed off as how are they going to sell an album & common set with 1 card missing from each team...
TLA/ESP need to admit they've stuffed up & print a heap of these missing cards & offer them to the collector for free or via a redemption via sending in so many wrappers for them, be it for one of your choice or a heap of wrappers for all 16 cards.

How can a common be a special too? There are more than enough pricey hard to hit cards for those who want them and can afford chasing them. For those who just wanna collect a full set and any hits are an awesome bonus - particularly kids who fucked if I know any that could afford going for much more - let em be able to buy a box or so and complete it.

Its probably a symptom of how trash commons are perceived now. I started collecting again this year after about 15+yrs away from it when I was a kid buying packs to finish a base set and was a bit surprised to see commons are basically thought of as filler. Its assumed in breaks that 'don't bother sending anything less than a parallel' - I think 2018 traders are nicer as a set with club colours in the design rather than the all silver parallels.

I think packet redemption is always a good thing to reward those who go on the chase rather than hit the after market for everything they want.

TLA/ESP have made a huge blunder on this release with the box card only being the 10th,20th,30th,40th,ect common card that is required to complete a common set. All the dealers & re-sellers I've spoken to are pi$$ed off as how are they going to sell an album & common set with 1 card missing from each team...
TLA/ESP need to admit they've stuffed up & print a heap of these missing cards & offer them to the collector for free or via a redemption via sending in so many wrappers for them, be it for one of your choice or a heap of wrappers for all 16 cards.
I like the concept of this ruby. I’m actually excited for this set, it actually looks good, maybe I was very disappointed with traders. Lol
From the flyers and information gathered, it could be difficult to get those last cards however I wouldn’t be surprised dealers will talk to other collectors and trade with them to get those cards to help sell their sets. I hope this brings us back to doing what we used to do, and that is trading between each other. I have seen it happen here a few times. It’ll be interesting also collecting the ruby mojos., though could see it going down the same avenue as the 10th common card

Not sure if I've misread something, but are the case cards:
50 x 3 signed = 150
60 x 5 unsigned = 300
i.e. 450 case cards?
Is that less than one per case?

Back
Top Bottom