NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

Rocket1908

some guy who likes the rabbitohs
Real Name
Rocket
eBay User
-----------------------------------
It's about the time of year that all the set contents would've been finalised, so I felt this was appropriate.

What are we expecting to see this year? Who will the signatures be? What colour will the inevitable /5 mojo set be?

I would like the league sensation,s and young gun auto,s to be numbered less than 130.Maybe numbered to 100 or less.So they hold there value,like the traders auto,s.And please get rid of the sticker auto,s.

Whilst I don't mind the concept of the mojo (whole set in one pack) I wouldn't be against having them as a individual cards and a guaranteed "box hit" bringing back a bit of a chase, and be fun, but for something different have them as a thicker card like some of the premium base card parallels you see in some of the US sports cards or Marvel releases

The thing with the mojo sets is that im not a completist NRL collector so I don't HAVE to buy every card made for my team.

I would love some single cards from the past Mojo sets, but I am not going to shell out hundreds of dollars for team sets where half of the players no longer play for the team.

I could see the Mojos in 2018 being:

Red #/40 1:24 (10 Per Case)
Sapphires #/20 1:48 (5 Per Case)
Emeralds #/10 1:96 (2.5 Per Case)

Based on 640 cases (630 currently) and 10 boxes a case.

Then make League Sensations #/50 and Young Guns #/50 (both to retain value) and have them (32 all up) falling 1:96

20 "hits" per case 2-3 x signatures #/50, 2-3 x Emeralds #/10, 5 x Sapphires #/20 and 10 x Rubies #/40.

Would reward single box breakers and also case breakers and the secondary market would go crazy with people trading for the single cards they need.

Cheers
Matt

That would give you close to 20 hits across a case across all teams.

Back
Top Bottom