Now Perth has a New Card shop - 0400784795 Gosnells

I haven't been there for a few months and he has been ok to me every time I've been, but he is a big gambler, the last time I was there he was on and off the the phone nearly the whole time I was there

I was speaking to another store owner I know that has dealt with him before and he told me the same thing. The big rumor is that he is trying to sell the store instead of closing down but nobody is keen. I wonder if he is charging extra for good will :lol:

Sounds like a nutcase, if I got that treatment anywhere I would not be going back anytime soon if at all...great customer service!

I wont be back unless it is sold to someone else

Maybe he had a Big Tip he was supposed to bet on that day but someone was looking very keen to buy some expensive cards, never bought them in the end and the horse won at big odds!!!!!!!!!

The next one who came in was always gonna cop it!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

:lol: He is always too busy on the computer so I doubt he would miss betting on the Big tip :)

Was thinking about going there soon as I've only been once with a friend in year 3 with no money to spend... not anymore!

What a crock!!

Should get the big man to come on here and state his case. Id love to have a go at him based on his performance! What a joke... Hopefully the business sells for half od what he is asking for and to someone with twice the personality.

Bad luck mate!

Grab a 5 pack of wicked wings from KFC next time, rock on in to Al's and thumb through the high end goodies with one hand whilst munching on those greasy bad boys with the other :D

Grab a 5 pack of wicked wings from KFC next time, rock on in to Al's and thumb through the high end goodies with one hand whilst munching on those greasy bad boys with the other :D

:lol: that would be funny to watch and even funnier if he caught them

What a crock!!

Should get the big man to come on here and state his case. Id love to have a go at him based on his performance! What a joke... Hopefully the business sells for half od what he is asking for and to someone with twice the personality.

Bad luck mate!

We can only hope someone who enjoys the hobby buys it

Sounds like the bloke is a tosser mate. You should have dropped him on the spot :lol:

Probably not a good idea at the end of the day

Wow sounds like a guy with a lot of problems. Mind you at least you have a local hobby store Launceston down here in Tassie may as well be on mars.

I used to have a local hobby shop I could visit :lol: Remember when shops seemed to be everywhere !

You need to go in there again!!!!:D

Maybe wear a cap & sunglasses and have a quick look around to see if he remembers you.:woot:

If you have a camera phone, start recording before you go in and you can threaten him back that you'll take the footage to the cops!!!!

That should shut him up!!!!!! MAYBE:lol:

You need to go in there again!!!!:D

Maybe wear a cap & sunglasses and have a quick look around to see if he remembers you.:woot:

If you have a camera phone, start recording before you go in and you can threaten him back that you'll take the footage to the cops!!!!

That should shut him up!!!!!! MAYBE:lol:

He will disappear soon enough and hopefully he ends up closing down and someone opens up a similar store in the same location so he get didley squat for his lack of effort

Just read this post then - unbelievable.

I would never do business with someone that treated their customers like that bloke. What a disgrace to the industry.

Hi everyone,

Typically what happened to me today is something that Is a bit extreme to what I would normally post but considering how family friendly our beloved hobby is, I thought it best to share my horrible experience at my local Card shop so others can avoid it happening to them !

After meeting with the marriage celebrant today I was able to swing past Al's card shop in the city to see what was new.
Now before I continue with the story, there are a couple of things you should know first. I have always been a supporter of local business and in particular "Al's cards" and until today would buy supplies from him even though I can get every item cheaper online !
Another fact based on previous experiences with Len the shop owner. When I have asked about cards before or haggled on the price (which is necessary 90% of the time) once they give a price, they don't budge. Which is fair enough if that is how they do business !
The last time I went to Al's I picked out a few unpriced MJ's from the assorted folder and asked for a price for the lot. I nearly had a heart attack when I was told the price and based on previous experience I told him that I would have to pass on getting them at that price :(
If you went into any shop and spent over $1200 in a single day and much more over a decade, would you expect the following incident to occur.

Today while visiting Als cards in the city I asked how business was (normal for me) and Len replies "Steady" to which I reply "steady is always good" I then ask to look at some NBA singles. While I am looking through the NBA singles Len rudely shouts out across the shop, "If you dont intend on buying the cards I asked to look at to please not bother to ask !?" Shocked and confused and not sure if I heard him properly the first time I ask him to repeat what he said. I could not believe what I was hearing !!! How rude could he be , is this how any customer should be spoken too.
He continues on about how collectors give him the Sh*ts and how magic the gathering collectors annoy him, how they don't read signs BLAH BLAH BLAH (a bit of a strange attitude if you own a hobby shop), still in shock I start to leave the store in disgust and say "I am just wondering What MTG customers have to do with me and I am also guessing business has not been so good then" he replies "if you are going to be a F**king smart arse that I can leave " .... well no need for that as I am making my own way out of the shop and point out that I actually promote and tell other collectors how to find his shop , he cuts me off mid sentence and says that he does not give a sh*t !?
I continue to walk out and explain to him that he has a big mouth and he should be careful what he says to customers. His reply "do you think you can fill it"(i am guessing he meant his mouth) I continue out the door with Len (who had left the sanctuary of the counter) who is not far behind me and obviously keen to continue his attack. I am already on the footpath as he has follows me outside ! Due to his size and not knowing if he was going to have a go at me while my back is turned as I walk in the other direction, I turn back and take a step toward him which I think startled him because he quickly steps back to the shop door and continues to abuse me some more.
At this stage his comments started to get to me and I could not help but take it quite personal so I suggest that he stops abusing me and talking crap and if he wants to keep going and personally attack me that maybe he should step out on the footpath and to see what happens.
Surprise, surprise yet another typical Typical bully at well over 6 foot tall and when the little guy stands his ground your true colors come out and you run back inside. how weak and pathetic can a grown man be ?

Fair enough if I was rude to him for no reason but to get abused like that for everything he is angry about is a joke !

So remember, Dont ask him about a price if you are not going to buy it at the price he gives otherwise you too might get the same treatment !

end rant :lol:

Not only did he have a go at me today, last month his Brother does a trade with a local collector I know. Len then calls this collector to abuse him and call him a scammer ! saying he ripped the shop off. A bit strange considering that the collector only took the offer given to him by the guy running the shop... what a tool

Just wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience with Len and staff from Al's card shop ? feel free to share it here to warn others :thumbsup:

I have bought of him on ebay and thought his prices were great and he was quite polite so maybe you and him just clash.
He has some nice cards on at very good starting prices right now.

---------- Post added 27-10-2010 at 07:47 PM ----------

I thought Al would run Al's Card Shop??? :confused::confused::confused:

I've only dealt with him on eBay and he was pretty good to me.

What he said lol

I remember Al, he was a good bloke.
I have had dealings with Len on and off for about 15 years. He has always taken care of me price wise on supplies, knocking a few bucks off the price of things (without my asking).
You must have caught him on a bad day. Having said that, there is just no excuse for that behaviour.
It is good for people who are starting in the hobby to have a local card shop. I don't want Al's to shut down, as I doubt another card shop would take its place.

What was your old local card shop you refered to Terry??
I have worked in two card shops in WA, about 15 years ago!

---------- Post added 27-10-2010 at 08:52 PM ----------

Damn this long and interesting thread!!!!!
I came on here to kill 5 minutes before sniping an auction on ebay.
Got distracted and read the whole thread......... missed the end of the auction, did not bid ;p

Baaa....with what he charges in his shop for nba stuff you would think service would be a priority.
APPARANTLY NOT !!

Wow amazing story Terry. Regardless of what some of the other's experiences have been, this is what has happened to you and I hope people stop trying to defend this guy. You are merely stating your experience with him and that YOU would not go back to the shop. To the ones who have had "good" experiences: just because yours was good doesn't make this incident any less bad! This is plain awful, and just a horrible attitude on his half. Sorry Len, customers have every right to ask and not buy and don't need your chitty attitude. After all, if you got abused by the salesperson from Harvey Norman for asking how much the plasma was and asking for a discount, you bloody well wouldn't be taking your business there, and neither would I. Rest in peace Len.

wow. sorry to hear terry. sure sounds like you caught him on a bad day or maybe he just has something personal against you :(
my experiences have been all good with them also. but exzibit is right - just because we all have good experiences it doesn't make your experience any less terrible
very interesting read indeed
hope all's well now though and you just put a big fat real life ignore button on him

You should have let him drop you, then you could sue him for, say, his card shop, and be the proud new owner of Al's Card Shop and all it's stock!!!

Shane, the majority of Al's stock is Celtics stuff so it's mostly worthless... speaking of which imagine if "The Truth" experienced what terry went through :p I can picture 911, wheelchairs, medics, surgeons, priests, exorcists...and remarkable recovery

Back
Top Bottom