Non Sport Box Breaking - 10 Box Mix - Movies, TV and Comic

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
So went a little crazy and bought a heap of non-sport as there's not a whole lot of NFL or NASCAR I'm after at the moment. Primarily looking for a few nice sketches and some Autos for various sets I'm working on. Results weren't overly great, but not terrible either...

First off 4 more Castle boxes. Still no Nathan Filion or Dana Delany auto...GRRRRR! Some nice Beckett costume swatches though. Will likely have some spare base sets if anyone is interested.

Castle-2Large_zps0246765a.jpg

Castle-3Large_zps60958e6d.jpg

2 Boxes of Games of Thrones. This wasn't too successful, already have 3 of the autos so the only adds were the McElhinney and the Shadowbox.

GoT01Large_zps4f83e3b1.jpg

A box of Captain America and Thor move tie ins. Did okay with these. Two good character swatches in Thor (and another hit further down) and while the Cap America could have been better (not a fan of these manufactured patch things) the costume card is quite rare and should cover the box and then some if I end up moving it.

bks5Large_zps92464acb.jpg

Comic stuff. New 52, Bronze age and Beginnings II all delivered sketches. This is where my lack of comic knowledge shines out - I think the first one is Nightwing ? By Dietrich Smith. Second is Enchantress (says so on the back haha ;) ) by Danielle Gransaul (I like her stuff so that's a nice add). Third is the Hulk by Rodrigo Dos Santos who isn't listed on the set, but that's his sig ! Finally the Thor box delivered a sketch as well by Richard Pace.

sketchesLarge_zpsa5f217dc.jpg

And lastly I took the rather expensive plunge at a box of Marvel Premier. Was really just hoping I didn't get hosed on it and came away with a nice sketch. Base etc weren't bad, and I'm taking the Dark Phoenix as a sign that if I start a PC of a Marvel Character it will be Phoenix - Jean Grey - Dark Phoenix - it's 001 of 199. A good starting point ! Iceman sketch isn't a stunner but I've see Racimo's work before and it's been very good, so think this is likely the character that limits things a bit.

MP01Large_zpsb5fedbaa.jpg

And onto the main hit, I've seen some in breaks that I think would disappoint me if I pulled it, but luckily I came out with a really good one. Not a huge four panel or anything, but the art is pretty awesome. So here it is - Ghost Rider by Anthony Hochrein !

MP03aLarge_zps1561edfe.jpg

MP02aLarge_zpse0572ef9.jpg

All a bit of fun, thanks for looking..

Trevor

Nice breaks, the Hochrein sketch is great.

Iceman sketch isn't a stunner but I've see Racimo's work before and it's been very good, so think this is likely the character that limits things a bit.
I collect Iceman sketches (he's pretty much my favourite marvel character) and I agree it's the character that's hard to work with. I find it difficult to find sketches I like of him.

I collect Iceman sketches (he's pretty much my favourite marvel character) and I agree it's the character that's hard to work with. I find it difficult to find sketches I like of him.

Thanks. Another cool thing is a lot of these artists hang out over at Scoundrel, so it's great to be able to let them know you have one of their pieces.

Yell out if the Iceman of interest to you...not sure I'll be keeping it..

Thanks. Another cool thing is a lot of these artists hang out over at Scoundrel, so it's great to be able to let them know you have one of their pieces.

Yell out if the Iceman of interest to you...not sure I'll be keeping it..
Thanks, but I'll have to pass for now :( I've spent far too much money already this week already on cards. Unless you are interested in trading

Very cool Ghost Rider sketch!! If you are interested in trading the Iceman sketch for some NFL let me know! Also, if you are moving any of the base from the Marvel Premier I would also be keen.

Back
Top Bottom