No More Future Force

Youngy13

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
eBay User
Yetimung13
D8720716-B5D2-432B-998B-7E14AEBF6EA9.jpeg
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? And what new innovative product will they release?

I liked Future Force but it clearly wasn’t a money spinner. My personal thoughts (guess) is they will be pushing into top end market cards. Much more limited release cards such as those produced in the US (1 of 1) etc. I’d be dissapointed with that, but it seems the way the market is heading. I’d be interested in what others thought.

Probably a good thing, we did hear these rumours. Probably doesn't have the collectability as it once did. Still nice cards and last year was an improvement on the previous few years, but still probably not going to be missed. Am happy for Future Force to be ditched in favour of new and exciting innovations, look forward to hearing more about whats coming.

I’m thinking 1/1, 1/10 and so on as well. I like the concept, gives people who like to collect higher end cards a new market.

I liked Future Force but it clearly wasn’t a money spinner. My personal thoughts (guess) is they will be pushing into top end market cards. Much more limited release cards such as those produced in the US (1 of 1) etc. I’d be dissapointed with that, but it seems the way the market is heading. I’d be interested in what others thought.

Don't think a 1/1 will happen but am also hoping it's a push into a more high end product with less commons. I like the idea of 3-5 cards only per box with awesome autos and patches.

Don't think a 1/1 will happen but am also hoping it's a push into a more high end product with less commons. I like the idea of 3-5 cards only per box with awesome autos and patches.

What I’m sick of is 1-2 decent cards per box. I never buy single packs because the chance of getting anything is too high. I’d rather pay more for a packet with less cards and hit some really nice cards...

Very disspointing. The future force product was getting better each year. Last years products, especially the green signature out of /25 was great. Very dissapointing at not getting the full rookies signature out of this years draft. You look at the higgins signature out of last years future force compared to this years legacy? My view was that the future force was better than the select stars. Anyway i hope the new products are both affordable (to kids) and come out later this year.

Very disspointing. The future force product was getting better each year. Last years products, especially the green signature out of /25 was great. Very dissapointing at not getting the full rookies signature out of this years draft. You look at the higgins signature out of last years future force compared to this years legacy? My view was that the future force was better than the select stars. Anyway i hope the new products are both affordable (to kids) and come out later this year.

Did kids actually buy Future Force? I would have thought none would due to not being names of players they know and no team colours. If they are chasing past players and legends of the game then my guess is it's not going to be affordable to kids. I love the idea of a set all about past players but isn't it funny how Future Force came only after Draft Prospects and now we hear of a potential release based on past players and legends, right after Regal GOTG. Take from that what you will but just thought it's interesting.

Did kids actually buy Future Force? I would have thought none would due to not being names of players they know and no team colours. If they are chasing past players and legends of the game then my guess is it's not going to be affordable to kids. I love the idea of a set all about past players but isn't it funny how Future Force came only after Draft Prospects and now we hear of a potential release based on past players and legends, right after Regal GOTG. Take from that what you will but just thought it's interesting.
Good Point. Mine collected future force and i saw other kids buying it from newsagents. I think simply for the price more than anything. If you have packs for $3-4 kids can afford that rather than packs for $7.

I am excited that Select are going to release something new and different... However I am quite upset there will be no future force this year, really loved last years set and thought it had a lot of potential to get even better!

For Select to release something to combat the Regal release I think they have done the right thing and ditched a release. 4 would have been just too many releases in my opinion. They would never have ditched Footy Stars as it's for the kids and guessing more popular than FF, and series 2 was never going to be on the chopping block, so Future Force had to go.

Generally speaking if Select can't make money from a card or series they won't keep making them for the collectors that like the product.
Their Unique signature series lasted 3 cards i think, (Rich Rookie, Hill Brothers, Triple Signature), and this years team individual player sets, they only released 4 teams (the popular ones), where are the others as it was billed as all 2018 teams player cards were to be produced.
Anyway Future Force got a bit ridiculous with the amount of variations of the common cards.
Select aren't going to bring out something new or innovative, as they never have done, so bring on 'Select Greats Of The Game' due for release later this year, or early next year. :p

Good to hear. I'd much rather have DPSs remain in the second series, as opposed to having the cut price future force alternative. Not to mention the ridiculous parallels that plagued the later releases.

My son is 12, up until the last release he (we) bought quite a bit. Getting a sig for under $60 a box was awesome. Then select priced it higher and out of that market for many. It's obvious select are copy cats and do their best to squash unlicensed threats, but don't say that around the kool-aid drinkers

Back
Top Bottom