Newbie with retro / vintage scanlens rugby league

leonyam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
noel
eBay User
nmtimtam
Hi all,
Just joined the site and thought I had better introduce myself. There is stacks of info on this site, seems I've come to the right place ! I collected all sorts of cards when I was a kid from '68 - '70 scanlens cards, mostly rugby league and Batman. I've had them in storage all these years, thought they might be worth something one day. So I'm in the process of sorting them out and hopfully selling to an avid collector who would treasure them. It's been very nostalgic looking through these old cards, brings back lots of memories of my childhood, but I think its time to sell them as I have too many hobbies / boystoys that take all my spare time and all my $$$$$ 's, ( restoring motorcycles and drumkits ). I know its frowned upon to join forums just to sell stuff, I was a mad collector once, I just want some expert advice and hopefully sell to someone who appreciates them.
I will put up a full list of what I have at a later date, but a brief description is basically 300 - 400 cards, 1968 - '70, very good condition, not mint with razor sharp corners, near complete sets, hard to get crests and mini posters. A "barn find" as we call it in the motorcycle world !
I have done some research and these cards are selling for crazy money on ebay, do they really get these prices ?????? Is it better to sell complete sets or individual cards ? I also have a complete set of Batman cards plus heaps of spares from the same era if anyone is interested.
Cheers ................. Noel

Hi all,
Just joined the site and thought I had better introduce myself. There is stacks of info on this site, seems I've come to the right place ! I collected all sorts of cards when I was a kid from '68 - '70 scanlens cards, mostly rugby league and Batman. I've had them in storage all these years, thought they might be worth something one day. So I'm in the process of sorting them out and hopfully selling to an avid collector who would treasure them. It's been very nostalgic looking through these old cards, brings back lots of memories of my childhood, but I think its time to sell them as I have too many hobbies / boystoys that take all my spare time and all my $$$$$ 's, ( restoring motorcycles and drumkits ). I know its frowned upon to join forums just to sell stuff, I was a mad collector once, I just want some expert advice and hopefully sell to someone who appreciates them.
I will put up a full list of what I have at a later date, but a brief description is basically 300 - 400 cards, 1968 - '70, very good condition, not mint with razor sharp corners, near complete sets, hard to get crests and mini posters. A "barn find" as we call it in the motorcycle world !
I have done some research and these cards are selling for crazy money on ebay, do they really get these prices ?????? Is it better to sell complete sets or individual cards ? I also have a complete set of Batman cards plus heaps of spares from the same era if anyone is interested.
Cheers ................. Noel
Just a shortlist of what I have if anybody is interested .................

Scanlens Rugby league cards ..............

1968 Series 1 - 12 cards total
Series 2 - 62 cards total, missing 5,7,10,12,15,17,24,25,27,35,37
Team Crests - 10 cards total, 2 x wests magpies, missing
Parramatta eels, roosters and Newtown

1969 15 cards total, 3 x pop up cards

1970 118 cards total, missing 8 and 37 for complete set
Mini posters, 61 total, 3 x complete sets

Batman 1966
1 x complete set of 55 cards
144 spares
7 x blue / red bat cards

Others ...............